Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2020, 12:35 PM

76,947 posts, read 47,242,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
1. He did it while he was on the clock, so he basically was paid to protest.
2. The NFL and the stadiums receive very large taxpayer subsidies. No doubt money from those subsidies trickled down and ended up in the players paychecks. End the taxpayer subsidies.
3. Why did he only protest while he was being paid? He's a well known person. He could have gone to any street corner, on his own time, and took a knee ... the press would have been there.
He would have been paid the same if he was or kneeling or standing up during the anthem.

Either way it was an example of a peaceful protest, which enraged a lot of people. Obviously it did not work and neither will the rioting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2020, 12:39 PM

9,639 posts, read 5,978,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYLIER View Post
You just gave a perfect explanation why the OP is correct. I don't know many "countrymen" that would want to waste their time trying to get along with someone that would post such a vile response.

So you condone a terrorist group like ANTIFA that is using violence to change our country? Is that your definition of "freedom"?

The OP may be a "**** snowflake" to you, but at least he is a loyal American with good morals. You on the other hand are a ****** *******!
That group hasn’t been designated a terrorist group by the FBI. They’ve looked into it and deemed it not so.

Sorry buttercup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
You move and take all of those miscreants, degenerates, criminals, rioters, unprincipled, morally ambiguous freedom haters with ya !!!
I’m fine where I’m at. You’re the one doing the whining.

Old 06-01-2020, 12:45 PM

62,471 posts, read 28,699,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterful_Man View Post
We constantly hear pleas from the leftwing media for president Trump to "unite the country".
But unite the country with who & what exactly?

I don't consider people who loot & riot to be my fellow countrymen. They're aliens to all who are decent, law-abiding folks. I don't consider America bashing antifa & anarchists to be my fellow countrymen either. I do NOT want Trump to unite with any of these people. People who fundamentally hate America cannot unite with me or any other patriotic person who loves America.

We cannot unite America with people who want to destroy the constitution, erase the second amendment, erode the 1st amendment by passing so called "hate speech" laws -- people who think it's ok for little children to have sex change operations -- people who think it's ok for America to have no borders, just let anyone from anywhere barge on in! -- people who think it's ok to loot & riot because a police officer did something wrong somewhere -- people who think it's ok for colleges to ban speakers because their political views & opinions don't align with most of the professors or students -- people who think there are 47 or more "genders" -- people who will only criticize a specific racial group (white men) for doing something, while completely ignoring the same behavior in other groups.

These are people that Trump should NOT unite with.
People who hold viewpoints that are so fundamentally un-American cannot possibly unite with me and most other Americans. We cannot unite ourselves with these people. We should do the exact opposite, we should distance ourselves from those toxic people and their toxic ideas & behavior. Good people cannot unite with bad people, law-abiding folks cannot unite with criminals.

We have higher standards.
If America is to be united, than all of those miscreants, degenerates, criminals, rioters, unprincipled, morally ambiguous freedom haters will need to CHANGE. They will need to change and meet our standards, if they wish to unite America.
I couldn't agree more!

Old 06-01-2020, 12:49 PM

So first they spend 8 years complaining how Obama divided them, and now they say they always wanted a divided country

The mind of a Trump apologist is a mysterious place.

Old 06-01-2020, 12:51 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,793,444 times
I'm no Trump fan, but there's no way of uniting this country anyway. It's a lost cause.

Old 06-01-2020, 12:58 PM

62,471 posts, read 28,699,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
I have acknowledged that the problem has been around for decades.

You are deflecting. My point was, and still is, that no progress is being made.

Why, instead of villifying Kappernick's (just one example) peaceful and patriotic protest, did you not try to do something. He is but one example. There are countless peaceful protests, and all you get from the media (which sensationalizes ALL things to get ratings) is honing in on the violence. The right-wing media projects it in one light, the left wing media in another, but they all project it

If your family was in harms way, what would you do?

Me: I'd try peacefully to difuse the situation. If that did not work,, I'd defend my brothers, sisters, mom and dad with whatever I needed to defend them with, if their life is at risk.

You all had a chance to respond to peaceful protest. I don't condone any other type, but I do understand it.

Obama made some misteps, all presidents do, but he did not consistently do what Trump is doing. Again, if you think calling for equality is "fanning the flames", then you are part of the problem.

The difference between Obama and Trump is that with Obama, you have to assume and interpret his words to mean something else to prove "fanning". With Trump, his words say exactly what they say, and you have to interpret them to mean something else to prove "uniting". There is no other way to defend calling the victims of police brutality thugs, and then telling them you'll shoot them for a non-capital offense. There is no way!
Where did Trump say that victims of police brutality are thugs? He was speaking of the rioter and looters. Where did he say they should be shot? I got from his statement that after or doing those things that people could get shot by the thugs or from those trying to defend themselves from them.

Old 06-01-2020, 01:01 PM

18,268 posts, read 8,065,595 times
unite is code for more liberal

Old 06-01-2020, 01:03 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,793,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
What do you recommend, then?

Old 06-01-2020, 01:04 PM

10,046 posts, read 6,325,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
Not when they violate the law which they do daily. And I decide.
What makes you so special and perfect that you get to decide?

Old 06-01-2020, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
What do you recommend, then?
They have finally accepted the fact that Trump is a divider, so they are trying to argue division is good thing, and unity is a bad thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies