Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2020, 12:15 PM

2,066 posts, read 901,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
The difference between Obama and Trump is that with Obama, you have to assume and interpret his words to mean something else to prove "fanning". With Trump, his words say exactly what they say, and you have to interpret them to mean something else to prove "uniting".
"I don't have all the facts, but the police behaved stupidly"
"If I had a son, he could be Trayvon"

Oh no - no fanning of flames here, nosiree.

0bama was the great divider, not Trump. But what would you expect from a hapless community agitator ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2020, 12:19 PM

2,066 posts, read 901,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
They have always backed Pantifa, they think of them as heroes. They also send apology tweets and letters when a murderous terrorist is killed. Those things and many others shows where their heads are at.

It would be nice if they had GoFundMe's for the black-owned small business that are now looted, burnt-out shells, instead of funding bail bonds for miscreants.

Old 06-01-2020, 12:41 PM

23,620 posts, read 12,543,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADogNamedSam View Post
It would be nice if they had GoFundMe's for the black-owned small business that are now looted, burnt-out shells, instead of funding bail bonds for miscreants.
Yep. I do wonder if the majority, if not all, of those who are being bailed out by lefties are the Pantifa white guys.

(tried to rep you but it won't let me do it right now)

Old 06-01-2020, 01:16 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,095,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Where did Trump say that victims of police brutality are thugs? He was speaking of the rioter and looters. Where did he say they should be shot? I got from his statement that after or doing those things that people could get shot by the thugs or from those trying to defend themselves from them.
If people continue to interpret the Presidents tweets & statements differently than the back-peddling version that he claims reflects what he said then maybe he should start speaking clearer and less inflammatory skipping the rhetoric with the alternate meanings.

Old 06-01-2020, 01:19 PM

62,970 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
If people continue to interpret the Presidents tweets & statements differently than the back-peddling version that he claims reflects what he said then maybe he should start speaking clearer and less inflammatory skipping the rhetoric with the alternate meanings.
It's who he is. He is a terrible speaker and communicator but I look at what his policies are not how he expresses himself.

Old 06-01-2020, 01:23 PM

3,354 posts, read 1,184,902 times
Perhaps make it much easier for people to leave and it will happen for you. Mandatory passports. Mandatory speaking of a second or third language. Mandatory time spent learning in another country.

Old 06-01-2020, 01:26 PM

5,210 posts, read 4,672,866 times
Quote:
It's who he is. He is a terrible speaker and communicator but I look at what his policies are not how he expresses himself.
Sure, let's look at his policies. Just tell me how long we have to wait before the winning starts.

Old 06-01-2020, 01:37 PM

11,222 posts, read 8,305,122 times
Quote:
Where did Trump say that victims of police brutality are thugs? He was speaking of the rioter and looters. Where did he say they should be shot? I got from his statement that after or doing those things that people could get shot by the thugs or from those trying to defend themselves from them.
I think this is where the disconnect is. Some people think that the only victim of repeated crimes on Blacks is the person who was killed or attacked. Some believe that the black community is collectively the victims of these crimes.

When blacks are murdered for walking in a neighborhood, or for birdwatching, or for "just looking guilty", then all blacks are somewhat victimized. You may disagree, and I guess that's your right and you might have a valid point I haven't considered, but I 'believe' that is is probably the source of one of the major disconnects.

I'd love to have an intelligent discussion about this, if you or others disagree. If you have questions about what I wrote, ask them. If you disagree, say so. If you are going to tell me my motivations or what I "actually" think, then maybe take a pass. (or don't, but I may not respond if it seems futile.).

Old 06-01-2020, 02:01 PM

15,847 posts, read 6,547,612 times
Don't unite the country? What exactly is the job of the President then? I don't believe it's to be the chief antagonist.

Old 06-01-2020, 02:15 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterful_Man View Post
time to separate the wheat from the chaff
Yer right, Mast!

Wheat

Chaff

Good thread.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies