Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2020, 12:27 PM

11,247 posts, read 11,020,697 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
I don't see how "in the same way" matters much.

But, in general, what does happen is that the media either doesn't report on it or runs interference for the event so that nothing much happens in terms of social awareness.

The result is that most people never know about it.

Silly rabbit. Didn't you get the memo?

Black lives only seem to matter when the life is lost at the hands of a white person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2020, 12:28 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,646,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
It was all over the news but handled relatively quickly.
Did it lead to any reform in police policy as it quickly faded into the void ? Not that I know of !!!

A simple footnote of thou shall not kill people who call for help would have been nice !!! Anyone see that ?

Old 06-01-2020, 12:30 PM

54,494 posts, read 33,862,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Heck, where would we be today if the cop who killed Floyd was black?

Something to ponder.
I wondered about that also.

Old 06-01-2020, 01:00 PM

78,369 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
It has happened and nothing happened.

More whites die to cops than blacks by gross numbers. Most of them dying die to a Darwin Award. I do remember one of a white guy who was complying and crying and begging to not be shot who got killed by cops. Forget the name but very upsetting. I did manage to not steal anything from Walmart.
You're thinking about the guy partying in the hotel room after the vegas shootings and he had a pelet gun or something and they saw him from outside. The SWAT or whatever goobered it all up screaming conflicting instructions at him and then blasted him as he tried to comply.

Old 06-01-2020, 10:16 PM

185 posts, read 253,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
That is not the proper reversing of the context. What would happen if whites lived in a country as a numerical minority in which another race (maybe black) historically oppressed them for centuries and the police were often the instrument or enforcement mechanism of that oppression and where whites had 10 times less wealth, over twice the level of poverty, nearly twice the level of unemployment currently, ect, ect.....and then a black cop shot and killed a white person.

My guess is that there would be a protest and riots. And I would be asking "What if a white cop had killed a black", from my position of black historical privilege.

I understand your point but I can't help getting caught up by the bolded.

One person can't be oppressed by an entire race of people for centuries. I hope to live my life and make it to 95. If I encounter 100 knuckleheads a year over my lifetime, I think I'm unlucky. But if I encounter 9500 knuckleheads in my lifetime out of 328 million people, just in the states, I'm thinking I'm just an average person, living my life.

Are you telling me you physically and mentally take on the pain, terror, guilt, etc., of every black person that died at the hands of all white people over all four centuries? Has every white person that lived for the last four centuries tormented, tortured, and made your life a living hell?

Old 06-01-2020, 10:24 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,604,014 times
The media either wouldn't cover it or wouldn't cover it to the extent it would if races were reversed.

As far as white folks go - nothing would happen. Until the majority of white people get it through our heads that a person can comply and still die, most white folks are not going to get upset about such things.

Old 06-01-2020, 10:25 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,357,575 times
State agents will do what they please with you regardless of your race or their race.

The government costume gives them superpowers, peasants.

Get that through your heads.

Old 06-01-2020, 10:26 PM

1,742 posts, read 958,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
That would never happen and if it did the color of the people involved wouldn't be reported !!!
It has happened, and the stories quickly disappeared. One of them right in Minneapolis- Somali immigrant cop killed a white Australian woman. It got a lot of attention in Australia, not so much here.

Old 06-01-2020, 10:26 PM

2,949 posts, read 1,354,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
In the same way as the one in the Minneapolis incident?

The story would only be another police incident and would not make national headlines and it would certainly not cause nation-wide protests and riots.
Right. See how racist the people calling cops racist are. Cop haters; that's all they are. Oh, and they want hard-working Americans to finance their welfare-sucking, illiterate lives. They're savage animals.

Old 06-01-2020, 10:29 PM

29,815 posts, read 24,898,335 times
Nothing. No one cares when a cop kills a white person. It happens all the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies