Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2020, 02:55 PM

45,400 posts, read 26,992,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
I don’t many people understand the legal definitions of murder charges, and how overcharging only results in a lack of conviction. Please people ... read the definitions of the varying degrees of murder. You’ll see that charging this officer with Murder 1 will never result in conviction.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronricks View Post
People with these crazy fantasies of a murder 1 or murder 2 charge are begging for this cop to get off and they don't even realize it.
That may be the goal of the authorities if they are who I think they are.

There is more in play than what's on the surface.

In a court, they will probably use the state autopsy, correct?

Old 06-01-2020, 02:59 PM

23,769 posts, read 28,954,736 times
Doesn't asphyxiation have something to do with not being able to breathe? Asking on behalf of a couple of my Trumpie friends.

Old 06-01-2020, 03:00 PM

15,499 posts, read 10,444,305 times
Every state is different. Does anyone know the murder charges for that state and how they will be handed to the jury.

11,523 posts, read 14,614,475 times
To tell people to deny what they saw and heard on that video is pretty dysfunctional. "Don't listen to what you hear and see" in other words. "Listen to what we tell you." 'Then, people wonder why there are riots. It's this type of BS that causes people to rightfully get enraged.

5,481 posts, read 8,543,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRunner View Post
Baden is a celebrity coroner who is a little past his prime at 85. I have no problem with older folks, my grandfather is about the same age, but I wouldn’t want him in charge of an autopsy report. People pay Baden to say what they want. He also ruled Epstein’s death a homicide. An independent autopsy should have been performed, not one funded by the family’s laywer who’s counting on a multi-million dollar payout.
But he also backed up his findings regarding the Epstein death with facts and explained how he came to that conclusion. I’m positive the same will apply to his latest findings.

Old 06-01-2020, 03:03 PM

1,280 posts, read 1,391,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
That may be the goal of the authorities if they are who I think they are.

There is more in play than what's on the surface.

In a court, they will probably use the state autopsy, correct?
You need to specify which "court" you mean. I assume you mean in the criminal case, and the answer is yes. The second autopsy comes into play for the civil court proceedings.

Old 06-01-2020, 03:03 PM

25,427 posts, read 9,750,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronricks View Post
Do you believe any prosecutor would be able to prove that the cop woke up that morning with premeditated intent to go and find George Floyd and kill him? Because that is what you are asking him to do.
You don't always have to have premeditation in the case of first degree murder. There are other extenuating circumstances that can qualify.

From this article in Findlaw:
https://criminal.findlaw.com/crimina...-overview.html

Note the sentence that reads: "Many states also categorize certain methods of killing as murder in the first degree. These include intentional poisonings, murders resulting from imprisonment or torture and murders in which the killer "laid in wait" for or ambushed the victim."

If kneeling on a man for almost ten minutes while he crying for his mother and saying he can't breathe doesn't amount to torture, I don't know what does.

Old 06-01-2020, 03:09 PM

8,922 posts, read 2,530,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
If he can't breath...his wind pipe is closed....if his wind pipe is closed....he can't say "I can't breathe"

...if he's having heart problems...that makes you feel like you can't breathe...but you can still talk
In this instance he was killed with a blood choke, his windpipe was open but the blood supply was being cut off to his brain. It causes unconsciousness and then death if you don't release the choke once they go limp. This cop kept choking him for several minutes after he lost consciousness.... it was murder

Old 06-01-2020, 03:09 PM

18,556 posts, read 7,329,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
You don't always have to have premeditation in the case of first degree murder. There are other extenuating circumstances that can qualify.

From this article in Findlaw:
https://criminal.findlaw.com/crimina...-overview.html

Note the sentence that reads: "Many states also categorize certain methods of killing as murder in the first degree. These include intentional poisonings, murders resulting from imprisonment or torture and murders in which the killer "laid in wait" for or ambushed the victim."

If kneeling on a man for almost ten minutes while he crying for his mother and saying he can't breathe doesn't amount to torture, I don't know what does.
Please do not quote Findlaw when the issue relates to a specific state. It makes you look foolish. Every state is different.

It takes five seconds to type the following into the long, skinny box at google.com:

minnesota murder statute

Old 06-01-2020, 03:10 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,525,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinnerd View Post
How is the followup autopsy any more believable than the original?
Duh, because it fits the narrative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.