Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2020, 06:29 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,523,517 times

Advertisements

Can anyone even hear him say the n word? I can't make it out in the video. I hear a very loud and clear "F U" though.

Old 06-01-2020, 06:30 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,630 posts, read 17,968,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
Suppose I thought the individual was Klan member and I feared for my life.
If the Klan member is standing by the side of the road, and you're driving down the road in a car full of friends, "parade" like, I don't know how you'd be fearing for your life.

We're not talking about people who are a clear and present threat. We're talking about some worm on the side of the road yelling stuff at passing vehicles, and really, it's not clear to me at all he yelled the N word.

Old 06-01-2020, 06:34 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,413,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Depending on the context and who is saying it words have different meanings.
The word means what it means, no context changes that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I don't know why people are focused on the words. That is a game for 3-year-olds.

The white guy clearly put his hands on the black guy first. That's all that matters. The white guy was wrong.
The black guy rushed up to the white guy, of course the white guy put his hands out in defense. His minor touching as the black guy runs into his hands, upon a fast and verbally aggressive encroachment up close to the guy, is not an assault by the white guy who had his hand out, however, the attack by the black guy is.

What is next on your logic, tapping on the shoulder and that is cause to attack?

Absurd you would even defend such violence, you do not help the problem, only make it worse.

The black guy committed assault, he is the one that went up to the white guy, he is the one who started hitting.

Old 06-01-2020, 06:35 PM

2,185 posts, read 1,382,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
What an idiot...you gotta have a gun to defend yourself in that situation if you're going to be an idiot.
I don't think calling people racial slurs, then extending your arms in a "what now ??" gesture, and eventually shooting them when they hit you is going to fly.

7,343 posts, read 4,368,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Sticks and stones.

And I don't care what happens in your statist kangaroo courts. The video is clear and natural law is clear: you cannot put your hands on another individual. If so, you've forfeited your rights.
Lol can you provide a link to the video you're watching?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
Suppose I thought the individual was Klan member and I feared for my life.
Given blacks, especially younger black men, are the most violent group in the US, I suppose I can feel they are a "threat' every time I see one?

I mean that is your logic.

Old 06-01-2020, 06:36 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Does the video start AFTER he called them that? All I heard was F You.

I didn't hear the N word although I've listened several times with the sound all the way up.
I didn't hear it either, Clara. I think the person who posted the video on Twitter took some "artistic license" in order to dramatize the situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorel36 View Post
I don't think calling people racial slurs, then extending your arms in a "what now ??" gesture, and eventually shooting them when they hit you is going to fly.
Well, there is no law against calling names nor the hand gesture, but there is laws against assaults.

7,934 posts, read 8,591,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
You can understand why someone would get physically violent over being called a name? What is he, three years old?
He mouthed off to the wrong guy plain and simple. At least that's how it appeared. Be polite and don't do that unless you're pretty sure of yourself.

Old 06-01-2020, 06:37 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
The word means what it means, no context changes that.

The black guy rushed up to the white guy, of course the white guy put his hands out in defense. His minor touching as the black guy runs into his hands, upon a fast and verbally aggressive encroachment up close to the guy, is not an assault by the white guy who had his hand out, however, the attack by the black guy is.

What is next on your logic, tapping on the shoulder and that is cause to attack?

Absurd you would even defend such violence, you do not help the problem, only make it worse.

The black guy committed assault, he is the one that went up to the white guy, he is the one who started hitting.
Nah, you're allowed to go up to someone and speak your mind. You can't touch someone. The white guy was wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies