Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2020, 06:19 PM

20,622 posts, read 8,387,121 times

Advertisements

Heard that the counterfeit money was made in China, smuggled into Canada and moved by train into MN. Train is owned by Bill Gates.

Old 06-06-2020, 06:29 PM

10,069 posts, read 5,683,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by readyplayer1 View Post
I’ve never known it to be a death sentence.
I'm just taking issue with heralding the man as some kind of saint and folk hero.

Old 06-06-2020, 06:31 PM

6,282 posts, read 2,828,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by readyplayer1 View Post
Yeah, the murderer accidentally kneeled on a mans neck for 8 minutes. He must not have seen the man’s neck below his knee.

Wasn’t Mr. Floyd handcuffed while in the car? Couldn’t they have just shut the door and leave him there?
Quote:
The knee-to-neck move is banned by several major metropolitan police departments, but Minneapolis police allow police to restrain suspects' necks if they're aggressive or resisting arrest.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/28/us/ge...rnd/index.html

They probably couldn't get the door shut with him struggling. Someone in handcuffs can still kick.

There's NO WAY this should result in a murder conviction. And no one should want it to either. Because cops will start just backing off and letting violent criminals get away. Do you really want that?

Old 06-06-2020, 06:43 PM

9,885 posts, read 9,494,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
If you watched it until the end, what you would have learned is that the comorbidities would not have killed him if compression of his chest and carotid artery had not been continued for minutes after his breathing stopped.

Your theory that the "cause of death" (which is also exhaustively explained in the video) were his comorbidities is disproved.

Hello - actually my theory was a couple of them, one of them was me saying that with the person putting pressure on him, his body could not handle it, and he died. in other words, he was ok while he was walking around, but add more stress to his body and that is what was the spark that made him die.

I don't know if another person with no health issues could have survived that.. what do you think? wondering ..

Old 06-06-2020, 06:45 PM

21,108 posts, read 13,429,624 times
the protests continue across the country for the 9th day and is has nothing to do with how George Floyd lived his live. They are not out like oh he was so wonderful, we are so sad over this guy we never met.

It is all about a line being drawn. Enough with the excessive force and the lies they normally tell when there is no video.

Old 06-06-2020, 07:12 PM

12,734 posts, read 9,383,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
the protests continue across the country for the 9th day and is has nothing to do with how George Floyd lived his live. They are not out like oh he was so wonderful, we are so sad over this guy we never met.

It is all about a line being drawn. Enough with the excessive force and the lies they normally tell when there is no video.
Or they may have missed some items at Macy's?

Old 06-06-2020, 07:12 PM

28,574 posts, read 18,586,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoma View Post
The police DID know Floyd's past. Chauvin knew Floyd from when they worked together. And even if they didn't they found out how violent he was when Floyd resisted arrest by struggling when they put him in the car. They are trained to subdue criminals and that's what Chauvin was doing. The death was accidental. They shouldn't be able to get a murder conviction, especially with the autopsy saying it was a heart attack that killed Floyd.

But the cops did not know about the comorbidities. All they know was that a suspect was resisting arrest and they were attempting to subdue him.

I've been hearing testimony after testimony of men who are trained to subdue men in combat, police and military, all confirming without hesitation that from the moment the video begins, nothing in their training or experience required one officer to be holding a prone and handcuffed Floyd's legs, another officer to be kneeling on his chest, a third officer to be kneeling on his neck, and a fourth officer standing guard for more than eight minutes. Or even one full minute.

When other police officers refuse to defend one of their own, it's time for outsiders to stop defending him as well.

Old 06-06-2020, 07:15 PM

Quote:

They probably couldn't get the door shut with him struggling. Someone in handcuffs can still kick.

There's NO WAY this should result in a murder conviction. And no one should want it to either. Because cops will start just backing off and letting violent criminals get away. Do you really want that?

Be sure you understand: There were three officers on Floyd. One was holding his legs, one was kneeling on his chest, the other was kneeling on his neck.

If you watched the video I posted, it was very likely the one kneeling on his chest who did the most damage.

Old 06-06-2020, 07:17 PM

Quote:

Where, then, was the taser? They could have gotten the door shut after tasering him.

Old 06-06-2020, 08:39 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,931,860 times
Quote:

Just as a test, how would you feel if we did an experiment on you with 3 guys, you with a beer belly, on your stomach, pressed into the ground, one on your back, one on your legs and one with a knee in your neck for 8 minutes and see if you live or die?

It starts now:

Person 1: I got his legs pinned down.
Person 2: I got his back pinned down.
Person 3: I got his neck pinned down with my knee.
You: This will be a cake walk

2 Minutes pass.

You: Ok, I cannot breathe very well, the experiment is over.

Person 3: He is struggling, pin down harder, the experiment is not over.
You: I cannot breathe, let up
Person 3: No, we have to go the full eight minutes.
You: Panicking, I cant breathe, I am frightened, get off me.
Person 3: No, you have 4 more minutes to go.
You: Help.
Person 3: Press harder guys, he is trying to reposition his neck so he can breathe.
You: I am dying
Silence
Person 4: There is no pulse.
Person 3: Stays on you for another 3 minutes.

Last edited by J746NEW; 06-06-2020 at 08:47 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies