Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2020, 01:33 PM

8,956 posts, read 2,553,414 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I hope to hell so.
It's a bit risky to go for murder 1, but I'd vote to convict if I was on the jury. I think murder 2 is much safer.

The difference being it's easier to just prove intent than to prove intent and premeditation.

Old 06-02-2020, 02:09 PM

20,094 posts, read 8,998,912 times
nothing to prove premeditation, it won't be first degree.

Old 06-02-2020, 02:27 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times
FINALLY, the other three cops are going to be charged. What the H took so long?

Old 06-02-2020, 02:39 PM

29,506 posts, read 22,620,513 times
Unbelievable.

George Floyd's GoFundMe accounts have raised over $9 million for his family ... and counting

Quote:
Floyd died in Minneapolis, but the family is originally from Houston. Philonise Floyd was hoping to raise $1.5 million to pay for the family's considerable legal and travel expenses as well as to help support and educate Floyd's children. Philonise Floyd says that 100% of the money collected will go to the family and that it is being managed by the family's law firm.

At the same time, George Floyd's younger sister, Bridgett Floyd, also launched a GoFundMe campaign. She was hoping to raise $5,000 to help her pay for traveling and other expenses associated with his memorial. That fund had raised over $262,000 and counting as well.
Never let anything in life prevent you from cashing in.

Old 06-02-2020, 02:42 PM

1,658 posts, read 1,240,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Unbelievable.

George Floyd's GoFundMe accounts have raised over $9 million for his family ... and counting

Never let anything in life prevent you from cashing in.
I have zero problems with this.

Old 06-02-2020, 03:09 PM

9,137 posts, read 5,799,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
18 brutality complaints against Chauvin. at least 2 shootings. Amy Klobichar declined to indict him in a previous case where he killed a black man.

Minn has a problem
I heard that case involved a man who had just stabbed someone and was charging at the cops.
In that case, there was probably no reason to charge him.

Quote:
Chauvin was accused of shooting a man who had stabbed other people before attacking police in October 2006, among other undisclosed complaints, according to Yahoo! News.

Klobuchar did not prosecute Chauvin and the other officers involved, the Washington Times reports. The case was under investigation when Klobuchar joined the Senate in January 2007. It later went to a grand jury which declined to charge the officers in 2008, reports state.
https://kutv.com/news/nation-world/r...e-floyds-death

Old 06-02-2020, 05:00 PM

11,767 posts, read 5,781,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detachable arm View Post
I have zero problems with this.
I have a lot of problems with this when people have no clue about his criminal pass. I'm sure these protesters would feel differently if their daughter was the one with a gun pushed into her stomach by this man when he broke in and looted her house.

Old 06-02-2020, 05:08 PM

29,506 posts, read 22,620,513 times
It's gotten to the point that any high profile figure or corporation that does not state platitudes on social media about George Floyd, racism, BLM, etc., are criticized as 'unfeeling' monsters.

New York Knicks owner James Dolan is getting criticized left and right because he dared to not say anything about Floyd.

So obviously some feel pressured to say something to show they 'care.' All these celebrity fakes spouting off about racism and donating to different groups is a sight to behold. One day they are experts on coronavirus, now they are 'leaders' against racism.

Old 06-02-2020, 07:14 PM

19,012 posts, read 27,562,983 times
Here's a peculiar thing about Floyd situation

Officer name is Derek Chauvin, right?

He has same last name as Nicholas Chauvin.

Who is Nicholas Chauvin?

According to legend, French soldier Nicolas Chauvin was badly wounded in the Napoleonic Wars. He received a pension for his injuries but it was not enough to live on. After Napoleon abdicated, Chauvin was a fanatical Bonapartist despite the unpopularity of this view in Bourbon Restoration France. His single-minded blind devotion to his cause, despite neglect by his faction and harassment by its enemies, started the use of the term.[2]
Chauvinism has extended from its original use to include fanatical devotion and undue partiality to any group or cause to which one belongs

Chauvinism is a form of extreme patriotism and nationalism and a belief in national superiority and glory. It can also be defined as "an irrational belief in the superiority or dominance of one's own group or people".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chauvinism

What are the odds, aye......

Old 06-02-2020, 07:53 PM

3,208 posts, read 3,543,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
It's a bit risky to go for murder 1, but I'd vote to convict if I was on the jury. I think murder 2 is much safer.

The difference being it's easier to just prove intent than to prove intent and premeditation.
I hope you never serve on a jury. It will be difficult to get 3rd-degree murder in this case. Manslaughter is more realistic. I don't have all of the facts—none of us do. But, I find it implausible that anyone intended for Floyd to die.

Moderator cut: trolling

Last edited by Ibginnie; 06-02-2020 at 11:46 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies