Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2020, 07:50 PM

26,469 posts, read 15,057,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I'm loving this!!!!!

(don't sue me McDonald's)

The Orange Marxist, drunk on his federal power, is bullying states around and the GOP, an alleged proponent of states' rights, has no choice but defend him.

That's because they value loyalty to team over any principle (just like Team Blue but they ain't in the driver's seat right now).

You backed a collectivist shill with no respect for individual rights, Team Red.

Enjoy your enslavement by the Potomac Gang.
I would think most people understand the difference between peaceful protests and lawlessness.

Small government types don't condone anarchy or mayhem.

Trump is handling this poorly, but a thread saying it is fascist to put down rioting and looting is asinine and illogical.

Old 06-01-2020, 07:52 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 22 days ago)

27,632 posts, read 16,118,635 times
We are witnising a bolshevik uprising. I hope trump smashes it.

Old 06-01-2020, 07:55 PM

4,023 posts, read 1,441,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
Okay, and your solution.....? How do you stop protests in a free and democratic country? You can't use force...otherwise, we are not a free and democratic country. You can hope things will calm down, but it won't be long until there is another unjust killing of an African American.
When “protests” turn violent, they are no longer protests but law breaking anarchists. Deal with them like any other criminal element.

Old 06-01-2020, 07:58 PM

29,808 posts, read 24,885,583 times
Business owners have rights that deserve protecting as well. They may not be the majority, but they do put a fair bit of money in the hands of government on all levels. They deserve to get their monies worth, and have their freedom and rights restored from the tyrannical mobs of looters and trouble makers who are oppressing them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post
When “protests” turn violent, they are no longer protests but law breaking anarchists. Deal with them like any other criminal element.

There is no reason to try to hold peaceful protests right now. Everyone's focus is squarely on the mobs who are destroying our nation's cities. Any message that the peaceful protesters have is falling on deaf ears at this point.

Old 06-01-2020, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
I would think most people understand the difference between peaceful protests and lawlessness.

Small government types don't condone anarchy or mayhem.

Trump is handling this poorly, but a thread saying it is fascist to put down rioting and looting is asinine and illogical.
Thank you. I feel like I woke up in the twilight zone. Society does not survive without law and order. Not sure The left is for that anymore. Do they want a banana republic?

Old 06-01-2020, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Business owners have rights that deserve protecting as well. They may not be the majority, but they do put a fair bit of money in the hands of government on all levels. They deserve to get their monies worth, and have their freedom and rights restored from the tyrannical mobs of looters and trouble makers who are oppressing them.

There is no reason to try to hold peaceful protests right now. Everyone's focus is squarely on the mobs who are destroying our nation's cities. Any message that the peaceful protesters have is falling on deaf ears at this point.
Exactly. There are rumors in our area of them moving into neighborhoods to cause destruction. I am in Florida and the local police are saying to have guns ready. I live in a block with a lot of current and ex military, so I don’t think that would go so well for them. At any rate, it is time to use whatever means necessary to squash these vermin before they do even more damage. They are hurting everyone at this point.

Old 06-01-2020, 08:04 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,540,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
When fascism comes to America it will be waving the flag and carrying the Bible. Here's the pathological liar and philanderer holding a bible in the wreckage of America:

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1...142024193?s=20

D.C. Mayor Muriel E. Bowser said today that her administration has been in contact with federal government officials, hours after President Trump said his administration would escalate the response to unrest in Washington with “something people haven’t seen before.”. As of approx 6:30 PM today they're gassing legal protesters. DC is the only jurisdiction where the President can call up the National Guard or other force without the Mayor's knowledge or approval. Trump is going full blown Pinochet, and his henchmen are aiding and abetting him, like Tom Cotton who suggests using the 101st Airborne and the full blown military against our own citizens:

https://twitter.com/TomCottonAR/stat...675468800?s=20

Wake up America. This is the true identity of the GOP. A neofacist, bootlicking, goon squad that wants to oppress the people of the United States under the heel of authoritarian rule with the military like we are North Korea. What happened to sensible Republicans who would have never stood for this kind of talk and nonsense? When you are ineffective and impotent as a leader you resort to using the military to crush your own citizens.
The fascists are the ones rioting and burning down businesses , churches and defacing monuments!!

Are you kidding me???

Old 06-01-2020, 08:05 PM

1,663 posts, read 1,054,400 times
Quote:
When fascism comes to America it will be waving the flag and carrying the Bible.
God is a totalitarian, a wonderful omnipotent fascist you might say.
Get use to it.

Liberalism will be crushed by God, be it christians or muslims doing the holy deed.
I look forward to the gnashing of teeth and the wailing & tears from the wicked who challenge God's divine rule.

Old 06-01-2020, 08:05 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,540,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
business owners have rights that deserve protecting as well. They may not be the majority, but they do put a fair bit of money in the hands of government on all levels. They deserve to get their monies worth, and have their freedom and rights restored from the tyrannical mobs of looters and trouble makers who are oppressing them.

there is no reason to try to hold peaceful protests right now. everyone's focus is squarely on the mobs who are destroying our nation's cities. Any message that the peaceful protesters have is falling on deaf ears at this point.

i been saying the same thing!! Go home!!

They are only giving cover to antifa and the other punks!!

Old 06-01-2020, 08:06 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,846,995 times
Quote:
When fascism comes to America it will be waving the flag and carrying the Bible. Here's the pathological liar and philanderer holding a bible in the wreckage of America:

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1...142024193?s=20

D.C. Mayor Muriel E. Bowser said today that her administration has been in contact with federal government officials, hours after President Trump said his administration would escalate the response to unrest in Washington with “something people haven’t seen before.”. As of approx 6:30 PM today they're gassing legal protesters. DC is the only jurisdiction where the President can call up the National Guard or other force without the Mayor's knowledge or approval. Trump is going full blown Pinochet, and his henchmen are aiding and abetting him, like Tom Cotton who suggests using the 101st Airborne and the full blown military against our own citizens:

https://twitter.com/TomCottonAR/stat...675468800?s=20

Wake up America. This is the true identity of the GOP. A neofacist, bootlicking, goon squad that wants to oppress the people of the United States under the heel of authoritarian rule with the military like we are North Korea. What happened to sensible Republicans who would have never stood for this kind of talk and nonsense? When you are ineffective and impotent as a leader you resort to using the military to crush your own citizens.
Okay, nobody gives a rats arse what ANTIFA thinks or posts...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies