Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2020, 06:50 AM

172 posts, read 109,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Calendar View Post
You're the one calling for a race war, but I'm 'trashy.'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
So what? And the cop was arrested and likely will go to prison. Where are these same activists and protesters dealing with all the black killings in blacks cities? Dozens of shootings weekly? Where are they? Got an answer?
Why are some people so stupid to always bring that up when someone non-black gets away with killing a black person? First of all, when black on black crime happens, the perpetrators typically don’t get away with, but get charged. Secondly, crimes tend to happen around people in the same vicinity, so there is a lot of white on white, etc. crime too. Finally, how would bringing up black on black crime justify a cop getting away with killing a black person if it’s a cop that actually swore to serve and protect when the criminals of black on black crime didn’t?

For ‘some’ racists to claim to have “superior intelligence”, they sure can’t seem to grasp simple concepts like this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2020, 07:11 AM

73,012 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
So Blacks never shoot cops? They never act violently with cops? They don't commit the most violent crime and other crime out of any demographic group?
I never said there weren't any Blacks shooting cops. My point is that sometimes you don't have to shoot a cop to get killed. And it's obvious you're ignoring MY point. Obviously if you shoot a cop, you will get killed. However, why should group demographics be an excuse to treat someone far worse because of their race?

Old 06-04-2020, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Calendar View Post
Because it's where most people get their information.

This conversation isn't all about you.
Well guess what? It is being reported in the media. Media outlets in Chicago reported on it. The Los Angeles Times has reported on it. Again, I am specifically talking about individuals who are too bigoted to make a distinction between friend and enemy. I'm guessing you aren't interested in talking about that. And if you're not, move along.

Old 06-04-2020, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Nathan View Post
Why are some people so stupid to always bring that up when someone non-black gets away with killing a black person? First of all, when black on black crime happens, the perpetrators typically don’t get away with, but get charged. Secondly, crimes tend to happen around people in the same vicinity, so there is a lot of white on white, etc. crime too. Finally, how would bringing up black on black crime justify a cop getting away with killing a black person if it’s a cop that actually swore to serve and protect when the criminals of black on black crime didn’t?

For ‘some’ racists to claim to have “superior intelligence”, they sure can’t seem to grasp simple concepts like this.
THANK YOU.

When Black people kill other Black people, they go to prison, for life. Police officers who have killed have been more likely to get away with it. More is expected out of a police officer. I expect police officers to serve and protect. I expect criminals to be criminals. This is why we have a justice system, this is why we have police.

And I'll add something else. I can avoid being a victim by not hanging around the ghetto. This isn't to say you can't be a victim in the suburbs. I've been a victim of Black on Black violence, twice. And in quiet suburbs at that. Just the same, I can call the police, and the police will jail them. I've done that. I can distance myself from thugs and hood rats by not hanging out in places they hang out. I can keep myself around Black people (or people of any ethnicity) who aren't criminals/hood rat types. The police are everywhere and we expect better from the police.

Old 06-04-2020, 07:26 AM

2,448 posts, read 893,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
They look like anti-fart terrorists.
What does this mean? Serious question.

Old 06-04-2020, 07:27 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,758,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
THANK YOU.

When Black people kill other Black people, they go to prison, for life.
No. They usually don't.
Quote:
The issue of murder clearance rates is in the spotlight as Chicago officials struggle to solve gun violence that’s plaguing the city. But the nation’s third-largest city, which only cleared 26 percent of its homicides in 2016, is just one among many big cities struggling to quickly solve gun crimes, according to FBI data and crime experts.
Last weekend in Chicago, more than 70 people were shot, including 12 fatally, but only a single arrest has been made so far from the dozens of shootings over a 60-hour period.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...sis/951681002/

Old 06-04-2020, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Chicago doesn't operate like the rest of the country.

Old 06-04-2020, 07:30 AM

89,006 posts, read 44,813,405 times
White groups of men with baseball bats to protect their neighborhood from vandals and looters? They'll be called "white supremacists" inciting violence.

Old 06-04-2020, 07:41 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,758,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Chicago doesn't operate like the rest of the country.
Homicide clearance rates are below 50% in many areas. Black killers, nationwide, are the least likely to face justice.

Quote:
This racial divide occurred in every region of the nation and in most communities, regardless of size. Major urban centers, suburban neighborhoods, rural counties and tiny cities all generally experienced a large decline in the rate at which black homicides are solved through arrest.
Murder Accountability Project: Black murders accounted for all of America's clearance decline

Old 06-04-2020, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Homicide clearance rates are below 50% in many areas. Black killers, nationwide, are the least likely to face justice.

Murder Accountability Project: Black murders accounted for all of America's clearance decline
If they don't get caught they don't face justice. If someone plays the "don't snitch" rule, of course they will get away. On the flip side, on the event that they get caught and people cooperate, Black criminals get put in prison. That's what happened when I got jumped.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies