Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2020, 10:59 AM

21,473 posts, read 10,572,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statz2k10 View Post
okay does that mean a white guy who grew up getting beat up by black guys not allowed to have a prejudice because you had a better experience?
I can’t tell you how to feel. I’m only telling you how I feel. But you probably should treat people as individuals and not as a collective.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2020, 11:00 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,183,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkingOutsideTheBox View Post
I also strongly believe the COVID lockdowns built up frustration in a lot of young people who have been denied the normal activities in going out with friends, attend high school or collage classes in person might have played a factor in some of them who would have not otherwise joined the protests with the intention to be peaceful but got carried away w group mayhem. Not that there’s any excuse for violence but we do have to look at how feeling like they are on “house arrest” might have played into it.
Wasn't 10 days ago that Democrat Mayors and Governors would have you arrested for laying on the beach.

My how times have changed.

Old 06-02-2020, 11:02 AM

21,928 posts, read 9,498,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
No - but the white folks saying- he deserved it or nothing happened here-- YES that is a bigger problem.. I watched the Epstein thing last night on NETFLIX ,,, all those girls and reports to police etc and it was all squashed... all swept under the carpet... YES NOT identifying a problem is just as evil. Everyone can go to jail for committing crimes but blacks are stopped and harassed and met with force more so. The racist will just blame them, even if the see white people on the TV rioting as well, they WILL not accept the white people are just as guilty. Seen that right here on CD
I haven't heard ONE person saying Floyd deserved it. NOT. ONE.

Old 06-02-2020, 11:03 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,575,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
I haven't heard ONE person saying Floyd deserved it. NOT. ONE.
That is the false racist narrative. Whitey in general supports these abuses. Not true. The cop is going to jail for life or worse as he should.

Old 06-02-2020, 11:09 AM

20,757 posts, read 8,576,536 times
Soros, the Clintons and other Leftists want civil war which you can only have if you create conflict. So these riots are doing exactly that. Why do you think white Antifa members are spray painting "BLM" on buildings and handing out bricks to black kids at these peaceful protests? So uninformed white people can blame blacks for the violence and destruction.

Black people are waking up to these tactics and calling the white agitators and black infiltrators out now We need to inform white people as well so they don't fall for divisive tactics. This former BLM organizer woke me up to this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR8SSPxVxSI&t=3s

Old 06-02-2020, 11:38 AM

860 posts, read 321,685 times
Quote:
That’s what I fear. Worst case scenario is a far right revolution a return to Jim Crow. I’d lose all my freedom that my parents immigrated to the U.S for a better life and be confined to an ethnic enclave for the rest of my life if that happened.
Funny thing is that I AM a minority who has purposely chosen to live in a very white area. I did not do it to avoid other minorities. I did it because I wanted to live in a safe, well educated, well kept, well designed area with lots of great things to do. That landed me in an extremely white area. I have not had any negative issues with it and I really have a great life that I enjoy immensely.

Old 06-02-2020, 11:41 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
No - but the white folks saying- he deserved it or nothing happened here-- YES that is a bigger problem..
name those 'white folks' saying this. i dare ya.

Old 06-02-2020, 11:43 AM

20,459 posts, read 12,379,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Among the racists, yes. The rest of us are capable of realizing that a minority of a minority does not make a majority.

FWIW most of the people looting in NY last night were white it appeared. They were all young. I hate young people now.
god its upsidedown week. you are the second poster-of-the-left i agree with.

Old 06-02-2020, 11:44 AM

860 posts, read 321,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
So you teach your young to hate and to feel they are a victim of Racism when that hate affects their lives.

Seems back azzwards. You are promoting the one thing you say you want to stop.

You are the Racist against White people. Teach your children well.
"I" do not. My parents did not teach me to be that way either. That is why I am successful and have a great life. But I obviously have family and friends of color and YES, they absolutely do. They think they are protecting their kids, but all they are really doing is setting them up to have a victim mentality and fail as a result. It is so sad to see young lives twisted like that.

Old 06-02-2020, 11:51 AM

9,912 posts, read 9,588,087 times
Quote:
Well said but not everyone thinks like you. Even many people of my own race dislike all Blacks due to the stereotypes and are in denial that we “look Black” to many whites who’ve been taught that race is the same as color.

its' how I keep myself from letting fear, hate and anger overtake me. I have to know that not every black person is a rioter or hater.. but I have been robbed by a black person who came up from behind me and stole what was in my hand while I was walking down the street.. the only consequence is that I have a bit of fear if I see someone who looks like them coming toward me, a bit of apprehension, but that's just a Pavlov's dog reaction. but I think about my great co-workers who have nothing, not one bit of hostility in them, and then I feel safe.

I do have a sense of apprehension about young kids, I haven't analyzed it whether its just black teens or white teens or whatever, or a person wearing a hoodie which will cause me to worry.. I don't clutch my purse if a black guy comes into the elevator with me. but if I do see a person with a hater look on their face, then yeah im gonna react somewhat. at least my adrenaline will kick in and I will watch them with a side eye. Same like I do when I see a homeless person approach me, I know they will ask me for money.. again, pavlov's dog reaction. normal when you live and work in the city. you just get street smarts.

I know im rambling, hope I made sense. someone is gonna call me a raycist I know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies