Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2020, 04:22 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,394,400 times

Advertisements

Here's the non-sugar coated version:

Exposure to inter-racial crime always increases racism. It does for Blacks. It does for Whites. It does for everyone.

Most White people are insulated from it, in terms of being victimized by it or even aware of minority violent crime.

These events just brought it to the forefront of the minds of most of the United States.

Kids didn't have a view before this and will struggle to make sense of it. Liberals had one view but this will expose them to another.

Many will not become racists.

But what this has done, by simple virtue of the massive numbers of individuals who will be dealing with this information, is to assure a new, massive wave of racists in the United States.

Twitter video assures that.

Given the significant number of White violent / murderous communists involved, this same dynamic will work for the Left-Right political gamut; decontextualized from questions of race.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2020, 04:39 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
Here's the non-sugar coated version:

Exposure to inter-racial crime always increases racism. It does for Blacks. It does for Whites. It does for everyone.

Most White people are insulated from it, in terms of being victimized by it or even aware of minority violent crime.

These events just brought it to the forefront of the minds of most of the United States.

Kids didn't have a view before this and will struggle to make sense of it. Liberals had one view but this will expose them to another.

Many will not become racists.

But what this has done, by simple virtue of the massive numbers of individuals who will be dealing with this information, is to assure a new, massive wave of racists in the United States.

Twitter video assures that.

Given the significant number of White violent / murderous communists involved, this same dynamic will work for the Left-Right political gamut; decontextualized from questions of race.
There is one thing I've had to think about. I've never been of the segregationist mentality. I never did the "stick with your own race" think. I'd hang out with anyone who showed me love. Didn't matter if they were Black, White, Hispanic, Asian, Pacific Islander,etc. I've been exposed to interracial violence myself. I've been jumped and beaten up by White kids. I never went on to be racist against White people.

What these riots have done, is show me how crazy people can get. And how fast things can spread. It will leave me with little hope for the future. Sure, the cop who murdered George Floyd might get punished. However, this will further solidify the polarized racial and social climate in America. We were already there to begin with. I don't ever intend to turn into a "stick to your own kid" type of person. However, I do see more people thinking this way.

Old 06-02-2020, 05:49 PM

30,251 posts, read 23,719,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
I haven't heard ONE person saying Floyd deserved it. NOT. ONE.
They sure did on the original Floyd thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Not by White supremacists. Anyone who believes that crap is being mislead.
You know the Proud Boys are there because they don't hide. Panti fa hides. As I tried to explain elsewhere on this giant forum, these 2 groups of people (panti fa and white supremacists) have completely different MOs when they are out.

The white supremacists will try to appear as the protectors. They (Identity Europa, for example) will dress nicely (business casual type of dress), educate themselves so that they can speak clearer and "sound better", and keep themselves clean and well maintained.

The white supremacists do what they do because they are going for optics - it's a form of manipulation. Their MO is not to go out and destroy things, their MO is to look and act "respectable" to get people to listen to them and their hatred. They think that by presenting well, people will believe them and join them. They go where they know panti fa will show up so that they can fight them and appeal to cuckservatives as the "protectors".

On the other hand, panti fa is filled to the brim with those who react out of emotions, not any coherent thought or reasoning. They typically look filthy. They destroy everything that they can because they don't care what the protest is about, they are there simply to cause destruction - for the sole purpose that they do not like this country. That is their MO. They are communist losers. They lie, they hide, they blame everyone else for their own actions.

We have seen how the newest crop of white supremacists act - they don't go around destroying property, but they will definitely fight panti fa.

We have seen how panti fa acts - they destroy property, fight anyone they think is a Conservative or a "white supremacist" and the actual white supremacists.

They were there in Ferguson, they were there at the Trump inauguration, they are in this, and they have been involved in many situations in the past. They were there way back in the 90s in Seattle when the WTO had a major conference there. Remember the image of the panti fa puke slamming private business property, "protesting" against capitalism while wearing a pair of Nikes? The media didn't call them "panti fa" back then, they called them "anarchists". It's the same type of people.

That is what panti fa has done for decades.

White supremacists have changed how they do things based on those optics that panti fa presents - the MOs are completely different. Both of them are lying to everyone. Both of them do want to cause division. Both of them have their own agendas. Both of them would love to see this country change. One wants communism, one wants an all white country.

But it's not white supremacists looting and burning things down, breaking windows, and beating on people. That's not their MO.

It's panti fa's MO.

Also wanted to add: I go to a website where I get to see the nastiness and evilness of humans. I will not link the site because most people on here can't handle a site like that. On that site, they are very anti police - and some of the things that are shown on that site is footage/videos that have been taken of police brutality on people, mainly black folks, that do not make the news.

So, when I see people say: "It's only a small percentage", I think: "It's only a small percentage that actually gets reported, and even smaller than that are the ones that make the main stream media." Of course it happens to other races, as well, but let's not trivialize police brutality against people just because "your side" isn't getting enough attention right now.

The police in this country need to get rid of the corrupt, crooked, racist, bullying, inferiority complex, crazy, lying cops. Our tax dollars should not be paying for that kind of treatment from citizen killers. We have reached a point that too many cops over react instead of attempting to diffuse a situation. It's like some of them aren't happy unless they got to rough someone up before they end their shift.

Let's not kid ourselves about police brutality - it happens, and it happens far too often - most of it swept under the rug.

Last edited by Three Wolves In Snow; 06-02-2020 at 06:01 PM..

Old 06-02-2020, 06:14 PM

2,281 posts, read 1,581,021 times
it is everyone looting, all races. I saw some news footage showing whites running out of a Sana Monica store stealing surfboards and speeding off on a motorcycle. It was on CBS news. https://www.cbsnews.com/video/peacef...and-looting/#x
it is everyone, latinos, blacks, whites. Our millenial generation doesn't mind destroying the shop owners livelihood or amenities of living in a large city. These people never cared about Floyds death.

Who suddenly thinks up plots to steal when someone dies horribly?
I guess forcifully taking your job away makes everyone more prone to steal. A $1,200 check & $600/week does not help someone who makes $5,000-$10,000 a month. Then again that $60-$120k/year earner won't be looting either.

Old 06-02-2020, 06:23 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,638,570 times
Racist will always find another reason to be more racist.

Cops kill an unarmed Black man and the automatic reaction from racist is throwing out Black on Black crime stats. Why? Because they can’t bring themselves to show sympathy for an unarmed Black man.

It’s in their nature to make it the victims fault for being Black.

Old 06-02-2020, 06:32 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
They sure did on the original Floyd thread.

You know the Proud Boys are there because they don't hide. Panti fa hides. As I tried to explain elsewhere on this giant forum, these 2 groups of people (panti fa and white supremacists) have completely different MOs when they are out.

The white supremacists will try to appear as the protectors. They (Identity Europa, for example) will dress nicely (business casual type of dress), educate themselves so that they can speak clearer and "sound better", and keep themselves clean and well maintained.

The white supremacists do what they do because they are going for optics - it's a form of manipulation. Their MO is not to go out and destroy things, their MO is to look and act "respectable" to get people to listen to them and their hatred. They think that by presenting well, people will believe them and join them. They go where they know panti fa will show up so that they can fight them and appeal to cuckservatives as the "protectors".

On the other hand, panti fa is filled to the brim with those who react out of emotions, not any coherent thought or reasoning. They typically look filthy. They destroy everything that they can because they don't care what the protest is about, they are there simply to cause destruction - for the sole purpose that they do not like this country. That is their MO. They are communist losers. They lie, they hide, they blame everyone else for their own actions.

We have seen how the newest crop of white supremacists act - they don't go around destroying property, but they will definitely fight panti fa.

We have seen how panti fa acts - they destroy property, fight anyone they think is a Conservative or a "white supremacist" and the actual white supremacists.

They were there in Ferguson, they were there at the Trump inauguration, they are in this, and they have been involved in many situations in the past. They were there way back in the 90s in Seattle when the WTO had a major conference there. Remember the image of the panti fa puke slamming private business property, "protesting" against capitalism while wearing a pair of Nikes? The media didn't call them "panti fa" back then, they called them "anarchists". It's the same type of people.

That is what panti fa has done for decades.

White supremacists have changed how they do things based on those optics that panti fa presents - the MOs are completely different. Both of them are lying to everyone. Both of them do want to cause division. Both of them have their own agendas. Both of them would love to see this country change. One wants communism, one wants an all white country.

But it's not white supremacists looting and burning things down, breaking windows, and beating on people. That's not their MO.

It's panti fa's MO.

Also wanted to add: I go to a website where I get to see the nastiness and evilness of humans. I will not link the site because most people on here can't handle a site like that. On that site, they are very anti police - and some of the things that are shown on that site is footage/videos that have been taken of police brutality on people, mainly black folks, that do not make the news.

So, when I see people say: "It's only a small percentage", I think: "It's only a small percentage that actually gets reported, and even smaller than that are the ones that make the main stream media." Of course it happens to other races, as well, but let's not trivialize police brutality against people just because "your side" isn't getting enough attention right now.

The police in this country need to get rid of the corrupt, crooked, racist, bullying, inferiority complex, crazy, lying cops. Our tax dollars should not be paying for that kind of treatment from citizen killers. We have reached a point that too many cops over react instead of attempting to diffuse a situation. It's like some of them aren't happy unless they got to rough someone up before they end their shift.

Let's not kid ourselves about police brutality - it happens, and it happens far too often - most of it swept under the rug.
The thing about the antifa, they will destroy because they don't care who gets in their way. They are basically anarchists. Anarchy is their goal. This is why they sow so much destruction.

The Proud Boys and white supremacists aren't looking for anarchy. They are looking for a society. just that like that of the Jim Crow days. White supremacists belief that Whites are superior to other races, and especially superior to Blacks. Their belief is that Whites should either dominate over other races, or have a White-only ethnostate. However, given what we know about history, the white supremacists can't go around looking like a rabid bunch of nutcases who live in their mom's basements. They try to look presentable and water down their rhetoric as to attract those who would otherwise turn away from them.

At the end of the day, neither of them do any good for society. However, white supremacists have just become more sophisticated about how they attract people.

Police brutality has been a problem for decades. It's a problem that goes right to a rotten core. Many police officers get away with what they do because they have colleagues who won't turn them in. Some just get sent to other departments. I think there is a reluctance to punish police officers. Many see the polie as achieving some kind of divine status.

Old 06-02-2020, 06:39 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,497,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post

Cops kill an unarmed Black man and the automatic reaction from racist is throwing out Black on Black crime stats. Why? Because they can’t bring themselves to show sympathy for an unarmed Black man.

It’s not an either-or situation. One can be sickened by what that sadistic cop did to that poor man AND be appalled by the lawless and violent destructive rioters.

1) I’d like to see the cop be convicted for 1st degree murder and receive a death sentence.

2) I’d like to see the looters, arsonists, and assaulters arrested, charged, and convicted to the fullest extent of the law.

Old 06-02-2020, 07:14 PM

20,758 posts, read 8,562,401 times
Youtube took down the video of the former BLM riot organizer but someone else posted it. Watch now before this gets taken down by the fascists. Only fifteen minutes but will blow your mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULJtBdI7Aj0

Old 06-02-2020, 07:17 PM

30,355 posts, read 19,128,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
The effect the riots have had on me is this. Fear, depression, and just the feeling that alot of things are just hopeless. I also feel like I could be made to pay for someone else's destruction. There are already people using the riots as an excuse to view Blacks as even more savage. I have nothing to do with the rioting, but I won't be surprised in the coming weeks when some people start giving me the stink eye. I'll be angry and depressed about it, but I won't be surprised. And furthermore, it will involve a feeling of powerlessness.
I ran into a rare black guy in my rich white neighborhood today and I could tell he was tense but the thing is, I figured if he was in our neighborhood by himself and didn't look like a gangster (he was young but looked well dressed), I wasn't concerned about him but I did monitor him and was on guard (I'm 6'6" with 11.7% bodyfat and 44.9% muscle mass so not an easy target) If you don't misbehave, you'll be fine.

Old 06-02-2020, 07:36 PM

2,068 posts, read 998,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post

I heard some FBI statistics today. Let me try to repeat them accurately.
  • 10 million arrests by law enforcement last year.
  • 1004 people shot to death by police. This number matches the total reported on (https://www.statista.com/statistics/...olice-by-race/) for 2019.
  • Of the 1004, 41 people were unarmed.
  • Of the 41, 19 were white and 9 were black.
Where are the protests for all of the unarmed white folk who were killed by police?

Mr Floyd's death was unacceptable. He died because of one policeman and three accomplices. He did not die because all white people are racists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies