Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2020, 11:16 AM

2,678 posts, read 1,700,644 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
This is what the riots are doing for me: they're making me despise leftists even more than I already did. It's bad enough that whole neighborhoods are being destroyed and people are getting hurt and people's livelihoods are going up in smoke. But because I'm white, I have to listen to an endless parade of criticism, that this is all somehow my fault, that I'm the one who created this racist system, and now I have to suffer the loss of all these businesses in order to atone for my original sin. And then I see people setting up funds to bail out others who get arrested for rioting, and again, I'm made to feel guilty if I don't contribute. Leftists make excuses for the riots and try to shield the rioters from the consequences that they should suffer for what they're doing, yet somehow I'm the bad guy.

So yeah, every time this happens, I just want to give a bigger "F-U" to the entire leftist narrative. And in the process, I get inured to even legitimate complaints of racism. I've been blamed for so long, simply because of the color of my skin, that I just don't care anymore.
The right wing says this over and over again. We already know what you’re thinking. On to the next.

No is targeting YOU as a white person. There is system in place that whites have benefited from and uphold whites as superior.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2020, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser Brody View Post
We are told that is only because the evil white man is against we minorities. We are told that we minorities do not actually commit any crimes. We are told that we are all innocent and a victim of the white man.
No one has ever told you this or said this to your face. On to the next.

Old 06-03-2020, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
The effect the riots have had on me is this. Fear, depression, and just the feeling that alot of things are just hopeless. I also feel like I could be made to pay for someone else's destruction. There are already people using the riots as an excuse to view Blacks as even more savage. I have nothing to do with the rioting, but I won't be surprised in the coming weeks when some people start giving me the stink eye. I'll be angry and depressed about it, but I won't be surprised. And furthermore, it will involve a feeling of powerlessness.
They can give me the stink eye all they want.

Old 06-03-2020, 11:26 AM

628 posts, read 209,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxx View Post
No is targeting YOU as a white person. There is system in place that whites have benefited from and uphold whites as superior.
Bull****. There is nothing stopping people from finishing high school, getting and keeping gainful employment, and not having kids without a stable two-parent commitment like marriage. Also, stop breaking the law.

People make stupid choices and it has nothing to do with their skin color. Outside of statistically insignificant exceptions like sudden bank-breaking life-saving medical bills or something, wallowing in poverty is because of stupid choices that people of every skin color make. The perception difference seems to be that a certain skin color seems to complain that the other skin color is keeping them down for some reason instead of taking responsibility for their own life choices.

Want to get out from under the thumb of "the man"? Stop making stupid decisions and lift yourself out of poverty and oppression. Graduate. Work. Get paid. Avoid legal trouble. Broaden and refine your skill set so that you're able to move up the work ladder to be more valuable in the work force to bring home more money than no-skill or low-skill labor. Rinse, repeat.

None of that requires a certain skin color and anyone who claims it does is a liar.

Old 06-03-2020, 11:30 AM

6,223 posts, read 3,407,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Among the racists, yes. The rest of us are capable of realizing that a minority of a minority does not make a majority.

FWIW most of the people looting in NY last night were white it appeared. They were all young. I hate young people now.

What I saw was during the day time about 80% of the protesters were white but during the night time about 80% of the looters were black. So yes riots/looting/burning actually divides.

Old 06-03-2020, 11:41 AM

73,009 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxx View Post
They can give me the stink eye all they want.
Well, I hope it doesn't get to that point.

Old 06-03-2020, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
Theirs 41.4 million black people. Assuming some of this are repeat offenders that never got caught that's approximately 0.2%-0.4% of black people involved in interracial violence per year.
Of course, some people look for any excuse to say "Blacks are savages". Some people could use these riots as their way to justify their own opinions of "Blacks are savages".

Old 06-03-2020, 12:04 PM

Black Americans are already looked down on and disdained more than other groups are. I think the riots will just give some people more excuses to hate Black people. Thing is, those doing the rioting don't care. Said persons being violent aren't thinking about how it make some people see Black people as a whole. They aren't thinking about it and don't care. Part of it is because where they live, they don't really have to.

I think the persons who will care the most are those who live and work in non-Black areas around alot of non-Black people. When you're in the minority, you have to care. You have to hold it down. At the very least you have to consider how some people might perceive you. I think about this. The episode of Different Strokes where Willis and Arnold got trapped in a bank as the bank was being robbed. Willis said to the Black bank robber "there are alot of good Black people, but it's going to be you they remember, and it's going to make it harder for the rest of us".

Old 06-03-2020, 01:17 PM

628 posts, read 209,329 times
Quote:
Black Americans are already looked down on and disdained more than other groups are. I think the riots will just give some people more excuses to hate Black people. Thing is, those doing the rioting don't care. Said persons being violent aren't thinking about how it make some people see Black people as a whole. They aren't thinking about it and don't care. Part of it is because where they live, they don't really have to.

I think the persons who will care the most are those who live and work in non-Black areas around alot of non-Black people. When you're in the minority, you have to care. You have to hold it down. At the very least you have to consider how some people might perceive you. I think about this. The episode of Different Strokes where Willis and Arnold got trapped in a bank as the bank was being robbed. Willis said to the Black bank robber "there are alot of good Black people, but it's going to be you they remember, and it's going to make it harder for the rest of us".
Weird.

I don't make decisions based on constant cerebral evaluation of the perception of my skin color.

I make decisions based on what's right for me and mine, what's good, what's noble, what's affordable, what's morally and ethically righteous, what won't violate someone else's rights, etc.

Strange that other people should consider skin color in any of their decision making processes.

Old 06-03-2020, 06:26 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,729,935 times
Quote:
At one time, I was indoctrinated (by teachers, not my parents) to trust the police. There were some police I could trust, specifically people my father knew. At the same time, I was learning, at least into my teens, that many police officers did dirty things.

My thing about people's modus operandi is this. I look at both groups. The goal in mind is to sow seeds of destruction. A united USA where everyone of every race getting along is damaging to their goals. The white supremacists used to be more blunt, more willing to exercise violence. During college I could trust the police at my university.

Example: Ku Klux Klan. This group has always been more blunt, more willing to use violence. However, when David Duke was rising through the ranks, he tried to market the KKK differently. He was dressed to impress, rarely wore the KKK robes, and spoke in a very "polite" manner. He never claimed to be "anti-Black" but "pro-White".

Anarchists, on the other hand, they don't care what anyone thing. They don't care if they look bad in the eyes of the public. Anything they have to do to sow seeds of destruction.

The point I'm driving home is this. The white supremacists are going to the point where they are basically wolves in sheep cloth. They are operating more like snakes now. They are doing this because they want to be harder to challenge. And with these riots, they had more reason to come out of the woodwork. They will likely try to appeal to law and order in order to make their message more palatable. Deep down, those supremacists are likely in favor of the cop who killed George Floyd, but won't flat out say so. In years past, the average Neo-Nazi or KKK member would just flat out admit it.

With police officers, I don't automatically trust an officer I see. I know they have a job. Not every officer is bad, and not every officer is good. And not every officer who abuses power abuses everyone. Some people go into the police force for the right reasons. Some go into it for bad reasons.

We need police officers, but we don't want a police state. We need rule of law, not rule of brutality.
We are in agreement, green mariner - I said pretty much all of this in my initial post that you responded to. Yes, the white supremacists have "cleaned up their act" as a form of manipulation - that's exactly what I said. Their MO is not to destroy anymore, their MO is to get people to believe in them, and what better way to fool a bunch of cuckservatives (as I call them) by appearing neat, clean, well spoken, and as the "protectors". Exactly what I was trying to inform people of.

And no, panti fa doesn't care about anyone. They don't care enough about themselves to shower half the time, why would anyone think they care what anyone else thinks. They don't...to a certain extent. There is some caring in there because they hide themselves, unlike the white supremacists who are right out front and center and declaring, publicly, that they are white supremacists. Panti fa hides, and if some pick up on the false narrative that it's the white supremacists doing all of this looting and destruction, they're going to let that narrative run. While I believe both groups are filled with idiots, I believe panti fa is more cowardly because they hide behind masks, hate being revealed, cause disruption, damage, and then run like little b*tches.

I've never been a civilian cop. I was an MP, and believe me, there are crooked, crazy, bad ones in the military, as well. I long ago shared the story of my Sup for the night during one call I responded to - everything was calmed down, I had both people talking to each other more respectfully, (they had been physically fighting each other), mainly because I had their respect from living on the same base as they did. They knew me, I knew them, and when I showed up, they were embarrassed of their own actions in front of me. They were sitting down, they were talking calmly, and then the Sup shows up.

Total idiot this one. He stormed out of his car, marched up to everyone to show them his "authority", started barking at everyone, and got people all riled up and arguing again. To him, that was a "success". As a Sgt, he didn't live on base. He didn't know these people. There was no mutual respect. He turned an issue that was just about resolved into a fight all over again - because he just needed to show everyone "whose in charge around here".

I believe that the police should live in the neighborhoods they patrol. The neighbors get to know the officer, the officer gets to know the neighbors. If the officer is not a complete p**ck, some mutual respect can be reached - and events like this don't have to happen.

When people actually know each other, while it won't ever be 100%, you can prevent a "police state" because those people will be the officer's neighbors. Do that all across this country, in every neighborhood, and watch how a lot of this stops.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies