Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2020, 07:11 PM

185 posts, read 253,060 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Does anyone know if liberalism has effected blacks the last 70 years? I bet they would offer an opinion even if they did not know. However, ask the same question about racism.....and everyone will at best....pretend that it can never be known...and that its individual.
I don't know;

1) I haven't been alive for 70 years

2) I'm still not black
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2020, 07:12 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,212,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
But 99.99% of black people aren't out there protesting. The observable data says 99.99% of the black population is NOT protesting. 42 million+ black people in America, maybe 10-20k protesting nationwide. According to your theory and the data before me, tells me your people have the same apathy to protesting my people do.

And I never said people can't or shouldn't protest. Someone made a comment that blacks don't want to be murdered by the police, and I said yeah, nobody wants to be murdered by anyone. Where in that sentence did I say people can't protest a grievance?

And my earlier comment in the thread was I expect the same thing from anyone and everyone, which is essentially abide by the NAP, and a peaceful protest does exactly that. At no point have I ever argued against anyone peacefully protesting anything ever. I oppose all initiations of force, sure, but a peaceful protest isn't any such thing. I have never once written or said anywhere anything to the contrary.

Who says whites don't complain? Standing in front of city hall yelling things is not the only way to complain. You think Internal Affairs departments around the country exist because nobody ever complains about how the police treated them? You think an entire branch of the legal field being devoted to seeking justice for victims of police foolishness exists because nobody ever brought a lawsuit against a police department? Ever seen white people at a city/town council meeting griping about one thing or another...or do you think only black people attend such events?

And I never brought race into this in any of my posts. I tend to be way more universal in my thinking than that. I expect EVERYONE to abide by the NAP, and I think ANYONE who wants to protest peacefully can and should, and I think NOBODY wants to be murdered at all, regardless of it being the police as killer or another private citizen. You are extracting race from that, as are a few others. I am not.
stay out of the rabbit hole!

Old 06-02-2020, 07:13 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,705,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoilers4me View Post
I don't know;

1) I haven't been alive for 70 years

2) I'm still not black
You don't have to be alive 70 years to learn the history of what has gone on for the last 70 years Again....people are dancing around, deflecting and obfuscating. To answer the question is to open up and expose the reality of yourself. Maybe the big issue is that you all are uneducated and ignorant of history.

Old 06-02-2020, 07:27 PM

2,479 posts, read 2,213,290 times
Default American Civil War - Democrat slave owners

Quote:
What is expected of black people? Black people have spent over 3 centuries in America being oppressed at the hands of white society. It was never ALL white people oppressing blacks at anytime. However, it was clear that there has existed a system of white supremacy that placed blacks at the bottom and whites at the top. For over 300 years the truth has been that white people looked down upon blacks as inferior and has treated them as such.

Why would people expect that blacks should not be overly sensitive to racial issues given that history? There are millions of people alive who lived under Jim Crow segregation, who endured having to ride in the back of buses, who had to drink from segregated water fountains, who could not eat at restaurants attend certain colleges,etc etc. This is not ancient history and you can't legislate peoples hearts and thoughts. Racism did not end with laws! Just because laws changed does not mark the end to the error of bigoted thoughts. Why would it?

When you have no respect for a people...you are unfair about what you expect from those people. None of this is complicated or hard to understand. Actions create reactions. All Americans will have to live with the reactions to Americas past actions, today. America, however, does not get it. It says it does not understand why the past has reactions upon the present....like there exists a choice. It's not....Action could produce reactions. Its, Actions ALWAYS produce reactions. What many white Americans do not want to account for are the REACTIONS born FROM THEIR HISTORICAL ACTIONS!!!! They don't want to deal with the racial legacy their ancestors left them from their ancestors actions. Instead of blaming their ancestors, they take it out and blame black people of today because they are suffering from the accrued reactions to over 3 centuries of white racism. Yet, a white person has to ask "why are black people getting so upset when a white person harms a black". What planet are you from that you would not know the answer to that?

Blah, blah, blah. Why does anyone who gets on a roll in a rant always fail to mention the American Civil War and that fact that not only was it a North vs. South conflict (Slavery & Succession) but also a Democrat vs. Republican conflict. No Republican owned slaves. Be nice to receive a "thank you" for all the fighting and dying whites did on blacks behalf.

Old 06-02-2020, 07:30 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,212,465 times
Quote:
What is your point. Its not 1% of the black population.
OK. 5% of the black population was alive in 1965. You feel free to pick a % of those that feels the country has generally moved beyond Jim Crow. Then there's your group.

Old 06-02-2020, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Does anyone know if liberalism has effected blacks the last 70 years? I bet they would offer an opinion even if they did not know. However, ask the same question about racism.....and everyone will at best....pretend that it can never be known...and that its individual. You folks are simply avoiding the truth of yourselves. You are avoiding facing what you are really.
Okay, let me ask you since I have no other black person handy- has liberalism affected you in a positive or negative way in the last 70 years?

And you didn't ask about racism before- you asked "Is the black response to the history they have experienced normal or abnormal?" So you tell me, as a black person, did you go out and riot or loot? Did you peacefully march? Are you pleased with your response to history? Are you pleased with the rioters and looters response to history? Does your response make you proud, make you feel better? Did the response of the rioters and looters give you joy?

My question is will all of this look good in another 300 years?

Old 06-02-2020, 07:48 PM

No one is willing to step right up and answer the question. I know why....and you know why. You won't answer the question about being impacted by racism and expecting there would be such reactions to any group who experienced the same in time and space. You don't want to indict yourself with the answer. However, if I had posted a topic asking if liberalism has produced any reactions in blacks, over the last 70 years, that is negative.....there would be so many responses that I would go cross-eyed. Why is that? There is no social stigma or moral injury to the self to make an admission about liberalism. There is no cost and no risk in blaming problems with blacks on liberalism. Blacks can't be impacted by 300 years of racism....but they can be greatly impacted, in your eyes, from 70 years of liberalism and the great society. How doe that work? On one hand you are setting the president that blacks can be effected negatively by an ism, in that case liberalism, but on the question of whether they have been impacted negatively by 300 years of racism....nobody knows how that could be. Makes no sense. Its an excuse. The person asking just hates whites. Yabba dabba doo.

All Lies Matter.

Old 06-02-2020, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoilers4me View Post
Okay, let me ask you since I have no other black person handy- has liberalism affected you in a positive or negative way in the last 70 years?

And you didn't ask about racism before- you asked "Is the black response to the history they have experienced normal or abnormal?" So you tell me, as a black person, did you go out and riot or loot? Did you peacefully march? Are you pleased with your response to history? Are you pleased with the rioters and looters response to history? Does your response make you proud, make you feel better? Did the response of the rioters and looters give you joy?

My question is will all of this look good in another 300 years?
That history has been racism....you don't know history and the black experience in America? How is it that the question gets switched to me without anyone even answering the question that I asked? It does not work like that.

Old 06-02-2020, 07:55 PM

Talk about moving the goalposts! We've moved to a whole new pitch.

"Here, take my pants with you for luck!"

Old 06-02-2020, 08:08 PM

3,618 posts, read 3,054,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistermobile View Post
No Republican owned slaves. Be nice to receive a "thank you" for all the fighting and dying whites did on blacks behalf.

Sounds like somebody got a little confused!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies