Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2020, 06:09 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 27 days ago)

27,646 posts, read 16,133,597 times

Advertisements

Just wait till the real commies take over. You aint seen violence yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2020, 06:18 PM

2,949 posts, read 1,354,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statz2k10 View Post
A lot of police forces are already seeing cops leave in the last 5 or so years. This is only going to get worse. I think a large % of cops are just going to say it's not worth it. It's not worth the $ versus the risk of dying.

Then you're going to have a shortage of good cops & have to hire people who should not be cops.

It might not happen immediately given the struggles economy/job wise right now but once the economy starts getting better & we have lower unemployment it will happen.

And if your only response is "what good cops" then you clearly are brainwashed by the media.

Cops get fired all the time because of other cops turning them in. You don't hear about it because it's not exactly news that cities & police departments want to announce.
I hope the good cops, which are most of them, leave law enforcement and go get a job where they will be appreciated. They deserve better.

Old 06-02-2020, 06:24 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,051,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
All 6 of them?

If you asking me where I lived it was usually one cop on duty at a time but adjacent communities were divided by the middle of the street. 3 or 4K in a community is typical, they relied on each other for backup. The donut shop sat somewhere near the line so typically 2 and sometime 3 cops would be there.

Old 06-02-2020, 09:42 PM

5,281 posts, read 6,589,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statz2k10 View Post
Like I said. Stop being brainwashed by the media. If you truly feel like that you need help.

Oh and you probably should never call the police if your being robbed, attacked, car stolen or family member being raped if you do not feel they have an important job to keep society functional.

I've never called the police a day in my life. Your assumption is that police are there to protect you. Or you assume that police prevent crime. I could very well be robbed with or without the police. The police are under no obligation to protect me. The only thing I can do is protect myself. At the end of the day if I get robbed, the only thing that is going to keep me alive is not a police officer but my ability to effectively protect myself.

So that begs the question. What am I actually paying for?

Policing is immoral because they exist only to enforce the whims of the state. Laws are crafted by politicians, but cannot stand unless enforced by cops. Laws that aren't necessarily moral or that facilitates freedom. So yes policing is at its core immoral.

Old 06-02-2020, 09:48 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
There is no such thing as a good cop. There are cops who are good people. But there cannot exist a good cop because the system of policing is inherently immoral.
Gets it. ^

Old 06-02-2020, 09:49 PM

3,606 posts, read 1,657,855 times
Why can't we get rid of the bad cops?!

Old 06-02-2020, 09:51 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,016,499 times
Quote:
There is no such thing as a good cop. There are cops who are good people. But there cannot exist a good cop because the system of policing is inherently immoral.
good idea. lets get back to the west of the 1870's...........quicker justice.......

Old 06-02-2020, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Ehm... We kinda have a lot of people who shouldn't be cops acting the part right now.

As for "the risk of dying", there are about two dozen professions with much higher on-the-job fatality rates. It's way more risky to be a roofer.
I have worked as a roofer......... you cannot pay me enough money to be a cop however..........

Old 06-02-2020, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Just wait till the real commies take over. You aint seen violence yet.
yep. Check out how china enforces the "law"

Old 06-02-2020, 09:56 PM

Quote:
I've never called the police a day in my life. Your assumption is that police are there to protect you. Or you assume that police prevent crime. I could very well be robbed with or without the police. The police are under no obligation to protect me. The only thing I can do is protect myself. At the end of the day if I get robbed, the only thing that is going to keep me alive is not a police officer but my ability to effectively protect myself.

So that begs the question. What am I actually paying for?

Policing is immoral because they exist only to enforce the whims of the state. Laws are crafted by politicians, but cannot stand unless enforced by cops. Laws that aren't necessarily moral or that facilitates freedom. So yes policing is at its core immoral.
damn straight. those meth lab operators have rights too.............

Last edited by jeffdoorgunner; 06-02-2020 at 09:56 PM.. Reason: s/p
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies