Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2020, 01:15 PM

1,742 posts, read 959,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
will there be a backlash if looting continues?

There will be a backlash if it stops 1 second from now. The backlash will be 100% Democrat. Dem rioters & looters, in Dem cities, with Dem Police Chiefs, hired by Dem City Council's, & Dem Mayors, and most States also controlled by Dems. Not a Republican in sight (for the most part, there are a few outliers of Dem neighborhood w/in Pub cities).

Independent voters are watching. If there are claims of racism in these places, the Dems own it, & the Indy's see it. Blaming it on Pubs & Trump is futile..these cities have been Dem for 50+ yrs.

The backlash will be in future elections, businesses leaving, tougher to hire police officers, fleeing residents, declining tax revenues, red ink, failing pensions...Detroit-like bankrupcy.
The problem is the uninformed, which is a huge part of our population, won't know this, or connect the dots. The mainstream media certainly won't connect the dots for them. There is one simple narrative that is and will be repeated over and over again: Racism is bad-police brutality-police target blacks-Republicans are racist-Republicans hate blacks-look at all the destruction under Trump-Vote Democrat.

If the Republicans were smart, and had some very savvy media types on their side, they could make some powerful election images, memes, and commercials. The only problem for them is, they usually aren't that smart or media savvy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2020, 02:33 PM

25,737 posts, read 12,815,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZone View Post
The problem is the uninformed, which is a huge part of our population, won't know this, or connect the dots. The mainstream media certainly won't connect the dots for them. There is one simple narrative that is and will be repeated over and over again: Racism is bad-police brutality-police target blacks-Republicans are racist-Republicans hate blacks-look at all the destruction under Trump-Vote Democrat.

If the Republicans were smart, and had some very savvy media types on their side, they could make some powerful election images, memes, and commercials. The only problem for them is, they usually aren't that smart or media savvy.
Kanye West is off the charts intelligent, and has cracked the door open for us in the Black voters minds. Now, Charlemagne tha God is asking the hard questions too. I'd bring in Newt Gingrich and Michelle Malkin to work with Kayleigh McEnaney to outline the ads. Those are 3 razor sharp minds. I'd give Kanye the final word on each ad..go..or, no go.

Old 06-03-2020, 03:56 PM

73,013 posts, read 62,607,656 times
I'm already seeing some backlash right here on CD. Some people are using these riots as more reasons to vent their own hatred towards Blacks. I wonder how much more this is going on outside of the internet.

Old 06-03-2020, 04:07 PM

2,540 posts, read 1,034,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I'm already seeing some backlash right here on CD. Some people are using these riots as more reasons to vent their own hatred towards Blacks. I wonder how much more this is going on outside of the internet.

Me too: hoping that staying in the suburbs of the more tolerant areas will work but I will miss being able travel freely in the inner mountain states if the right wing does get more control.

Old 06-03-2020, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkingOutsideTheBox View Post
Me too: hoping that staying in the suburbs of the more tolerant areas will work but I will miss being able travel freely in the inner mountain states if the right wing does get more control.
The InterMountain West is actually one of the places I want to travel through. This is an area that doesn't have as many Blacks as other places. Some people's only encounter with Blacks will involve what they see on television. And it won't just be that region. Other places with very few Blacks might only have what they see on TV as a point of reference.

Where I live has been more peaceful. Nothing bad has happened, yet. You never know. I can't stop people from rioting. I can only have a gun ready just in case someone tries to hurt me physically.

On another note, someone started a thread about how the police need to profile people and pull people over based on what state their license plate says. He said "In Wyoming and Nebraska, they profile drivers from out of state, to keep the Democratic influences out".

https://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...ia-plates.html

Old 06-03-2020, 04:22 PM

Quote:
The InterMountain West is actually one of the places I want to travel through. This is an area that doesn't have as many Blacks as other places. Some people's only encounter with Blacks will involve what they see on television. And it won't just be that region. Other places with very few Blacks might only have what they see on TV as a point of reference.

Where I live has been more peaceful. Nothing bad has happened, yet. You never know. I can't stop people from rioting. I can only have a gun ready just in case someone tries to hurt me physically.

On another note, someone started a thread about how the police need to profile people and pull people over based on what state their license plate says. He said "In Wyoming and Nebraska, they profile drivers from out of state, to keep the Democratic influences out".

https://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...ia-plates.html

I've been on a road trip through the inner mountain west states and got a few odd and curious looks in the small towns but nothing hostile. I felt safe going through those towns a couple of years ago but wouldn't do it this summer for sure even if the pandemic restrictions are lifted.

Old 06-03-2020, 04:24 PM

34,054 posts, read 17,071,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
White flight.....
bingo.

plus business flight.

Old 06-03-2020, 04:27 PM

3,606 posts, read 1,658,433 times
Who knows? Curfews should quell down any more looting though...massive mostly peaceful protests continuing all across the country now...

Old 06-03-2020, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkingOutsideTheBox View Post
I've been on a road trip through the inner mountain west states and got a few odd and curious looks in the small towns but nothing hostile. I felt safe going through those towns a couple of years ago but wouldn't do it this summer for sure even if the pandemic restrictions are lifted.
I said that once this covid-19 crap was over, I'm going to take a trip out west. I still want to. After the unrest currently taking place, I wonder how this will play out for me as a Black American male. I still want to go out west.

Old 06-03-2020, 04:29 PM

Quote:
I said that once this covid-19 crap was over, I'm going to take a trip out west. I still want to. After the unrest currently taking place, I wonder how this will play out for me as a Black American male. I still want to go out west.

I really enjoyed my trip through those states in 2018: the natural beauty was stunning!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies