Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2020, 02:44 PM

3,354 posts, read 1,184,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanv3 View Post
May be they need to be darker??

Does that make you happy??
If the darker Asians were in the US in large numbers, yes, the same would happen. Fortunately for them, those with the darkest skin, curlier hair, and prominent Asian facial features were not imported to the US. That would have just cause more racial clashing. Darker people are separated from lighter people around the world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2020, 03:23 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,842,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Plenty of non-Asian people explore Little Saigon and Chinatown to get a hot bowl of Pho or dimsum. The only thing they need to be afraid is when crossing the streets....you know, bad asian driver
This cracked me up!

Old 06-02-2020, 03:25 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,842,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by self-made View Post
If the police are racist, then why don’t they go after Asian Americans more frequently?

Cuz the police aren't racist. Police are being targeted by cop haters--think lefties.

I support law enforcement!
If you "support" law enforcement, do you believe they should make a heck of a lot more money than they typically do? I do, and I'm a "leftie."

Conservatives say they "support" law enforcement, but that "support," for some reason, doesn't translate into more money.

Old 06-02-2020, 03:25 PM

12,039 posts, read 6,570,692 times
Everyone knows the answer to this. No leaders are willing to address it.
Police arrest more blacks because they disproportionately create more crime than other races.
Have you not been watching who is doing all the looting, and the majority of the assaults the last three days?
It’s not Asians.....

One answer is for ONLY black cops to be allowed to arrest black criminals....

Old 06-02-2020, 03:26 PM

2,540 posts, read 1,034,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aileesic View Post
If the darker Asians were in the US in large numbers, yes, the same would happen. Fortunately for them, those with the darkest skin, curlier hair, and prominent Asian facial features were not imported to the US. That would have just cause more racial clashing. Darker people are separated from lighter people around the world.

Indians are totally ignored (dot not feather) in this whole discussion debate. They range in color from your light skinned Hispanic to darker than your darkest African Americans with most being on the brown side.

Old 06-02-2020, 03:58 PM

15,074 posts, read 10,101,447 times
I am Asian.

I dated a white girl for a while in high school... her parents were connected but not totally involved with the KKK. I could go into to all the details of the crap that I had to tolerate from her parents but that's really all irrelevant to this discussion.

Why? Because of one simple fact. I was still allowed to date her.

If I were black, it would have been a no go... full stop... unacceptable to her parents.

Clearly racism (what we are really saying is discrimination) is targeted at all sorts of groups of people. But racism is a very personal thing/view.... not all equal in peoples' eyes. It isn't a black or white (no pun intended) thing.... Some people look at others and see someone as inferior... then look at yet another person and don't even see a person.

Old 06-02-2020, 04:09 PM

8,337 posts, read 2,965,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
LOL!
He’s right.

Old 06-02-2020, 04:12 PM

16,556 posts, read 10,630,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Unlike black & white american's culture, asian culture doesn't even share the same language and history with black & white americans. Can you tell me which part of asian culture aligns with white culture?
In my experience, Asian-American culture is far more similar to white American culture than either of them are to black American culture. And yes, Asian Americans do speak English, just like other Americans do.

Old 06-02-2020, 04:13 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,429,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post

Because police are racist! They only pick on the law abiding black people but purposely turn a blind eye when other races break every law they want.
Isn't the definition of "racism" where members of one race believes itself superior to all others? Or has the definition changed (again)?

Old 06-02-2020, 04:17 PM

25,737 posts, read 12,815,111 times
I started a topic thread quite similar to this one ~2 weeks ago, and it was immediately deleted with the comment "this won't lead to anything good".

I've been discriminated against!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies