Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2020, 02:07 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
Nope this is a case of a young adult at odds with family members because the family members are racist. Not shocking at all when you consider how many folks feel about bi-racial relationship.
My father, long gone, was KKK.

He engaged in the Cicero Riots in 1951 ( before my time) and as he would tell it, it seemed to be one of the, maybe the only, proudest moment of his life.

My sister and I realized, at a relatively young age, he was a man filled with hate and rage. It consumed him.

Common for people to confuse setting boundaries with trying to control other people, especially family members. We figured out the only thing we controlled was our own reactions. We both left home at 17 and never looked back. Took our mother a few years more to do the same.

Anonymous people post all sorts of crap on social media and often do so for attention. I choose to not get caught up in other people’s drama, real, imagined or feigned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2020, 02:10 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,700,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
I am finding more stories on my Twitter feed in which a young white girl or boy are having too distance themselves from extended or immediate family because they support Black Lives Matter. They share tweets sent to them by family members who say they are disowning them because of it. In one tweet a young lady had to cut off her mother because she was told to choose her family or BLM. Some of the tweets I read were really disturbing. I know there are alot of white protestors who are down for the movement but I never really thought about they price they may have to pay for their beliefs. Some of the tweets I read were really heartbreaking. I pray for them all.
We have an America going in two different directions. The whites that embrace and integrate with blacks and those that hold onto old traditional racist beliefs. It can be deceiving. It looks like America is not such a racist place when you see all the whites who truly integrate and are comfortable and respecting of blacks integrated with blacks. People then can get the impression that such is a microcosm of America. Its not. There is another side that looks down upon black people and their organizations.

Two white Americas. One accepting and one not each going in different directions.

Old 06-02-2020, 02:12 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 22 days ago)

27,632 posts, read 16,115,213 times
I wouldnt want my relative out there being a jackass

Old 06-02-2020, 02:13 PM

628 posts, read 209,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
We have an America going in two different directions. The whites that embrace and integrate with blacks and those that hold onto old traditional racist beliefs. It can be deceiving. It looks like America is not such a racist place when you see all the whites who truly integrate and are comfortable and respecting of blacks integrated with blacks. People then can get the impression that such is a microcosm of America. Its not. There is another side that looks down upon black people and their organizations.

Two white Americas. One accepting and one not.
You are conveniently ignoring the massive swath of the population that is being raised to hate white people just because their parents are hateful against white people.

There are two black americas, too, just like you describe: one half who aren't racist and the other half who are raising their young integrated into racism from birth.

Try walking through Harlem or Inglewood as a white person.

Old 06-02-2020, 02:15 PM

1,702 posts, read 1,259,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beer_and_Sticks View Post
You are conveniently ignoring the massive swath of the population that is being raised to hate white people just because their parents are hateful against white people.

There are two black americas, too, just like you describe: one half who aren't racist and the other half who are raising their young integrated into racism from birth.

Harlem is now a white neighborhood look it up

Old 06-02-2020, 02:18 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,700,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beer_and_Sticks View Post

Without being a numerical majority, without owning banks, corporations, factors of productions, without having to go to a black person for a job, a loan or anything you need.....I would not worry too much about what blacks are thinking about whites....and I am sure you are not. Two black America says to me you only have to worry about 6.5% of the total population....and they likely don't have anything that you need or want or that they can withhold from you from their negative views. If you can think of some...let me know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies