Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2020, 04:24 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,261,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
Nothing concrete.. stories about people who had an illness with identical symptoms, and the fact antibody tests are showing large numbers of people have covid antibodies even though they supposedly haven't contracted the illness.
Antibodies cannot tell when the infection happened in the past, though.

Someone could have been very sick in November from some other virus, then been infected in February with SARS-Cov-2 with no symptoms at all. Having antibodies now does not mean they came from the infection in November.

There are some people who believe that because they were very ill, it had to be COVID-19 and not something else. There are other viral diseases, including flu, that can make someone very sick.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2020, 04:57 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,371,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Antibodies cannot tell when the infection happened in the past, though.

Someone could have been very sick in November from some other virus, then been infected in February with SARS-Cov-2 with no symptoms at all. Having antibodies now does not mean they came from the infection in November.

There are some people who believe that because they were very ill, it had to be COVID-19 and not something else. There are other viral diseases, including flu, that can make someone very sick.
But, I believe, the symptoms of Covid are different than other virus or flu. Trouble breathing, for one!

Old 06-07-2020, 05:23 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,633,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
The response to the Chinese Virus is the biggest CON, hoax and scam in modern times, perhaps EVER.
Oh, so, no doubt, even President Trump is in on the hoax making and scam by promoting and downing Hydroxychloroquine.

Old 06-07-2020, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
But, I believe, the symptoms of Covid are different than other virus or flu. Trouble breathing, for one!
Other viruses can cause trouble breathing, too, including flu.

Old 06-07-2020, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Other viruses can cause trouble breathing, too, including flu.

I had really bad flu 2 years in a row. Mine was just fever, horrible vomiting and terrible diarrhea—no breathing problems. I looked it up. Breathing problems are not a symptom of the flu. Are you a medical professional?

Old 06-07-2020, 09:18 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,746,610 times
Some people can't think for themselves and rely on experts or politicians to tell them what to do.

Old 06-07-2020, 09:20 PM

10,355 posts, read 7,986,475 times
Quote:
I had really bad flu 2 years in a row. Mine was just fever, horrible vomiting and terrible diarrhea—no breathing problems. I looked it up. Breathing problems are not a symptom of the flu. Are you a medical professional?
I am. And Suzy-q2010 is right; influenza can cause breathing difficulties. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2811908/

(Adenovirus, respiratory syncytial virus, and parainfluenza virus are other common viral illnesses which cause respiratory symptoms as well.)

Old 06-08-2020, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Vomiting and diarrhea are not typical symptoms of influenza in adults, though children may have them. What you had sounds like gastroenteritis, sometimes called "stomach flu", but that is not the same as influenza.

Influenza can cause acute respiratory distress syndrome, as can SARS-CoV-2.

https://www.touchrespiratory.com/med...syndrome-ards/

Old 06-08-2020, 08:04 AM

I had that flu for 5 days during a heavy flu season. Doctor agreed. I’ll take his word.

Old 06-08-2020, 10:46 AM

10,355 posts, read 7,986,475 times
Quote:
I had that flu for 5 days during a heavy flu season. Doctor agreed. I’ll take his word.
Doesn't change the fact that you were wrong about flu symptoms not including breathing difficulties: https://www.cdc.gov/flu/symptoms/symptoms.htm (see in particular the two boxes "What are the emergency warning signs of flu?" and "Cold vs. Flu" about halfway down the page).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies