Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2020, 05:29 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,483,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beer_and_Sticks View Post
Harassment and hate crimes are great things to you?

1. This is compelled speech and is protected against by the 1st amendment. This is also morally and ethically corrupt.

2. Political affiliation based on family situation, skin color, etc.? "You're white, so you must be a Trump supporter." Great, you're supporting racism and classist persecution, applying false labels and harassing people. Against the law, and morally and ethically corrupt.

So turns out kids are either willfully stupid or are emotionally-driven ignorant fools breaking the law and are being taught to be morally and ethically corrupt.

...and people like you, presumably an adult, think this is a good thing.
Please sense my sarcasm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2020, 05:29 PM

18,650 posts, read 7,499,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
I am serious. I paraphrased the article my friend posted in my social media talking about this.

This is not an isolated incident as another friend’s child is going through the same thing in a different school in another state.
If it's true, I suggest you and your friend call your local radio and/or television station, and see if you can get this behavior on the 6 o'clock news. At least some of the stations in town will be sympathetic, and broadcast it as it deserves.

Old 06-02-2020, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
If it's true, I suggest you and your friend call your local radio and/or television station, and see if you can get this behavior on the 6 o'clock news. At least some of the stations in town will be sympathetic, and broadcast it as it deserves.
LOL! Sure, that would work.

Old 06-02-2020, 08:46 PM

3,618 posts, read 3,037,554 times
Persecutory delusions are common for Trump supporters. Trump has trained his adherents to think of themselves as helpless victims. Sad.

Old 06-02-2020, 09:06 PM

2,974 posts, read 1,974,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
Those are Stalinist tactics. We live in a democracy. I expect the State AGs or the DOJ to be involved if that is actually happening.

...sigh...we do not live in a 'democracy' we live in a 'representative republic'...

Old 06-02-2020, 09:17 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,619,921 times
Quote:
There are some great things happening in my friend’s high school. I truly appreciate the kids taking the initiative to oust Trump supporters and punish those scumbags appropriately.

Here’s what the student mob has been doing:
1. In light of Floyd’s death, every student must publicly state his or her support. If the student has a different opinion, choose to remain silent, or too slow to respond, he or she would be cyber-bullied and called every name in the book by the student mob.

2. The student mob combs through all the students and identify any possible Trump supporters based on their family situation, skin colors, their behavior and speech. The mob then descends upon them on Instagram and Facebook in the hundreds and label the “Trump supporters” as white supremacists, racists and Nazis.

Excellent work from the future of our country!!!
Where does your “friend” live that school is open?

Old 06-02-2020, 09:27 PM

2,949 posts, read 2,887,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zach_33 View Post
Persecutory delusions are common for Trump supporters. Trump has trained his adherents to think of themselves as helpless victims. Sad.

Yep, just sitting here waiting to be victimized. My mind at peace, my body is ready...

Old 06-02-2020, 09:37 PM

16,214 posts, read 11,266,493 times
Quote:
There are some great things happening in my friend’s high school. I truly appreciate the kids taking the initiative to oust Trump supporters and punish those scumbags appropriately.

Here’s what the student mob has been doing:
1. In light of Floyd’s death, every student must publicly state his or her support. If the student has a different opinion, choose to remain silent, or too slow to respond, he or she would be cyber-bullied and called every name in the book by the student mob.

2. The student mob combs through all the students and identify any possible Trump supporters based on their family situation, skin colors, their behavior and speech. The mob then descends upon them on Instagram and Facebook in the hundreds and label the “Trump supporters” as white supremacists, racists and Nazis.

Excellent work from the future of our country!!!
The only "Nazis" I've seen at this site are in the ant-trump crowd.

I didn't vote for Trump last time around, but probably will have no choice this fall, in self-defense.

Old 06-02-2020, 09:41 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,761,520 times
Quote:
I am serious. I paraphrased the article my friend posted in my social media talking about this.

This is not an isolated incident as another friend’s child is going through the same thing in a different school in another state.
Ah, saw it on FB. Now I know it’s true.

Old 06-03-2020, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Where does your “friend” live that school is open?
Dude, kids don’t stop talking to each other just because schools are closed.

Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and messenger groups.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies