Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2020, 07:45 AM

2,690 posts, read 4,204,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
Actions speak louder than words.

Keep working hard though. It keeps your blood pumping and clears your arteries.
Actions, Lol.

Why did the chicken cross the road?

Spoiler
Because he wanted to stage a photo op at a church.

Old 06-03-2020, 08:26 AM

10,598 posts, read 4,230,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
So the Bible is too "personal" to Trump to quote from but not too "personal" for him to use as a prop in a photo op.
He only used the outside of the bible, not the verses.
The outside/cover of the bible is not personal.

Last edited by MAGAalot; 06-03-2020 at 08:39 AM..

Old 06-03-2020, 08:29 AM

10,598 posts, read 4,230,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblahyoutoo View Post
lol, no it's not. i've never heard that before in my churchgoing life.
I'll say it's not something you hear being asked all the time, but it's not unheard of. and I've never heard someone respond with "it's too personal to share."
being asked that is like being asked what's your favorite color. there's really no reason to hide it.

without going into the background of the interviewers, it also sounded like they were trying to trap him and it worked.
They were trying to trap him and they failed, because he was answering their question before they even finished asking it, and he had an extremely logical answer.
People don't go around talking about their favorite verses, and even if you argue that they'd tell you if you asked them.....you have no proof that they'd tell you, because most people are not asked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblahyoutoo View Post
right, but it also wouldn't be difficult to reel off a couple that were relevant to you, even if it's not a favorite.
If you have 20 favorite verses, it would feel wrong to state 2 of them, because you'll be known for those 2 verses forever even though you love the other 18 verses just as much.
If Trump had given them 2 verses, people would write books and articles about Trump and quote those 2 verses, and they would be an inaccurate and incomplete representation of Trump, because he'd have 18 other favorite verses.
Its like if you are at school and they asked you to choose a verse to put beside your name in the yearbook, and you'd forever be associated with that verse.... If you can't pin it down to ONE verse, you'll feel very pressured.
So why would Trump let a reporter pin him down to one (or two) verse? He wouldn't.

Last edited by MAGAalot; 06-03-2020 at 08:40 AM..

Old 06-03-2020, 08:46 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,040,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
He only used the outside of the bible, not the verses.
The outside/cover of the bible is not personal.
So as long as he doesn't actually open the Bible it's fine?

Old 06-03-2020, 08:49 AM

8,293 posts, read 2,909,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
This makes me laugh. In all my years of talking with folks who truly know the Bible -- there is never a doubt what their favorite passage or passages are.

It's clear he knows nothing about the Bible. LOL...poor guy.
There are millions of Christians that couldn’t recite a passage including myself. Who are you to know who truly knows the Bible or that should be able to recite passages?

Your comment is just another one of TDS nonsense. Anything to say about Trump’s weight or hair?

I would wager you’ve never spoken to anyone about passages from the Bible.

Old 06-03-2020, 09:03 AM

6,700 posts, read 3,312,170 times
I'm just surprised that the TDS-afflicted liberals here even know what a bible is and doubt any of them could recite a verse. I would imagine they could quote more out of the Communist Manifesto.

Old 06-03-2020, 09:05 AM

52,317 posts, read 34,040,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
I'm just surprised that the TDS-afflicted liberals here even know what a bible is and doubt any of them could recite a verse. I would imagine they could quote more out of the Communist Manifesto.
the only use they have for a bible is beating conservatives over the head with it.

Old 06-03-2020, 09:05 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,040,481 times
Well, as it turns outs Trump does have a favorite Bible verse: Matthew 26:14-16

Matthew 26:14-16 Then one of the Twelve-the one called Judas Iscariot-went to the chief priests and asked, "What are you willing to give me if I deliver him over to you?" So they counted out for him thirty pieces of silver. From then on Judas watched for an opportunity to hand him over.

Trump saw that and said to himself: "Hmm. And all he had to do was stab a friend in the back."

Old 06-03-2020, 10:28 AM

3,771 posts, read 1,511,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
If you have 20 favorite verses, it would feel wrong to state 2 of them, because you'll be known for those 2 verses forever even though you love the other 18 verses just as much.
If Trump had given them 2 verses, people would write books and articles about Trump and quote those 2 verses, and they would be an inaccurate and incomplete representation of Trump, because he'd have 18 other favorite verses.
Its like if you are at school and they asked you to choose a verse to put beside your name in the yearbook, and you'd forever be associated with that verse.... If you can't pin it down to ONE verse, you'll feel very pressured.
So why would Trump let a reporter pin him down to one (or two) verse? He wouldn't.
no, just no. no one is going to claim you dislike or disagree with all other verses in the bible because you named one as your favorite.
maybe the media might try to spin his words but any rational human being would see through it.
just like they're seeing through trump's bible photo op, and his claim that it's his favorite book.

you are just blindly defending trump at all costs right now.

Old 06-03-2020, 10:31 AM

3,771 posts, read 1,511,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
There are millions of Christians that couldn’t recite a passage including myself. Who are you to know who truly knows the Bible or that should be able to recite passages?

Your comment is just another one of TDS nonsense. Anything to say about Trump’s weight or hair?

I would wager you’ve never spoken to anyone about passages from the Bible.
I'm not the best christian and I've stumbled in my walk with christ, but I can easily name a few verses. even if I can't recite it verbatim, or know the exact verse, I speak coherently about a book or a story that was meaningful to me.

i'm not passing judgement on anyone's faith, but I'm calling trump out for being a liar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies