Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2021, 06:56 AM

5,047 posts, read 6,344,385 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
Other nations are openly mocking his incompetence.
Which nations are those?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourwakeupcall
reckless spending,
https://www.debtconsolidation.com/us-debt-presidents/

Quote:
continued erosion of personal responsibility,
"No, I don't take responsibility at all"-

https://www.forbes.com/sites/lisette...h=6a9e31d946f0

Quote:
and the humanitarian border crisis.
https://www.splcenter.org/news/2020/...ation-timeline

Old 04-29-2021, 07:06 AM

78,339 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Funny to see the Trump fans dismiss approval ratings.

LOL.....

The ratings were important when they were going up for Trump, fake news when going down -- and of course will be dismissed until Biden's takes a dip.....lol.
Yep. Like death and taxes partisans will embrace what they like and deny the rest.

That being said, do you have any faith in polls? After the last 2 presidential elections, there still seems to be a really big disconnect in many of them.

Perhaps with Trump gone they'll normalize but right now I don't really pay any attention to them also partially because of the fact that they're meaningless right now anyway with elections a long way off.

Old 04-29-2021, 07:12 AM

25,436 posts, read 9,793,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
It's not altogether fair really - anyone would look good after Trump.

Yep.

Old 04-29-2021, 07:14 AM

17,003 posts, read 12,583,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkingFish View Post
I guess, but we had 4 years of a president who was all lusty towards his daughter. Biden is just a weirdo with that hair smelling.
OR

They are both creepy. This is kind of like arguing which turd smells better.

Old 04-29-2021, 07:19 AM

23,209 posts, read 29,018,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
That’s true. Those low numbers are AFTER the MSM is doing everything in their power to prop him up. Did you hear how they described his speech? The old guy could barely mumble through it as he lost steam, and they congratulated him for his effective “use of voice modulation.”!!
If Mr. BankTrumptcy has been more of a mumbler during his 4 years in office, he may have been re-elected.`

Old 04-29-2021, 07:19 AM

899 posts, read 539,932 times
Given how badly off so many polls were for the 2020 election, giving Biden a much bigger margin than what actually came to be, anyone should take polls with a healthy dose of skepticism. As the previous poster pointed out, there's a strong Democratic bias in CNN's polls, which has always been the case, inflating Biden's support. Whether this is intentional or coincidence I leave up to you.

An intelligent person can easily sift through the white noise to know Biden's approval is pretty much what one expects it to be, he is supported by the people who voted for him and disdained by those who didn't, in short a 52/48% split makes sense. And which is actually reflected in the CNN poll, which claimed 53% approved of Biden. That's statistically identical to the share of the vote he received, give or take a few fractional points and the margin of error allowable.

In short, he has not gained support beyond the vote share he received last November.

I also agree that the the article is misleading. 53% support is quite low for a new president, historically, and doesn't translate into "broad majority," but rather a bare majority. I'm old enough to remember when a broad majority meant 60%.

Old 04-29-2021, 07:20 AM

5,276 posts, read 6,207,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Yep. Like death and taxes partisans will embrace what they like and deny the rest.

That being said, do you have any faith in polls? After the last 2 presidential elections, there still seems to be a really big disconnect in many of them.

Perhaps with Trump gone they'll normalize but right now I don't really pay any attention to them also partially because of the fact that they're meaningless right now anyway with elections a long way off.
I think polls are very good at spotting trends. Where they can have problems is finding the exact final resting point. But in terms of gauging opionions for sub groups they have been pretty accurate. Where they failed in 2016 and to a lesser degree 2020 is getting a handle on who was actually most likely to vote. But if they are showing the different groups are all stable for Biden- really high D support, solid Independent support, poor numbers among Rs that are not moving- I trust that means Biden's level of support has remained consistent since last fall.

Old 04-29-2021, 07:23 AM

23,209 posts, read 29,018,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Funny to see the Trump fans dismiss approval ratings.

LOL.....

The ratings were important when they were going up for Trump, fake news when going down -- and of course will be dismissed until Biden's takes a dip.....lol.
I give it a year, and there'll be no more Trump fans. They will even forget his name! And then another Cult Leader will come along, and how do you start a Cult? Follow Hitler and Trump: all news you hear about me is Fake News and Lies!

Old 04-29-2021, 08:04 AM

9,501 posts, read 4,332,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaTransplant View Post
LOL. You might try stepping out of your lefty echo chamber occasionally.

Old 04-29-2021, 08:07 AM

30,058 posts, read 18,652,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
It's not altogether fair really - anyone would look good after Trump.

Hilarious!

I agree- he does seem "high" quite often, but I guess that is just his dementia.

It is funny as hell to hear the praise and accolades that liberals give Biden out of pure, blind partisanship. I guess libs are pretty easy to please, as they apparently are thrilled with a sock puppet, as long as they are a democrat.

This is like someone being proud and bragging about a beat up POS car they are forced to drive for lack of the ability to purchase a better one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies