Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2020, 07:45 AM

4,023 posts, read 1,442,141 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
The pearly white- know nothing. NOTHING- especially if looking from the outside, so they don't get to pretend to know to life of others.
No, but I know my life, and I can tell you my skin color has not had some huge impact on my life. I have gotten to this middle class life because I made some right decisions and put in the work along the way.

Why do you want to continue to hold black people down with your rhetoric? I cannot imagine being a black person today and always being told that everyone is against me and there is some white boogeyman out to get me. These are just flat out lies, so what, you can continue to keep power over them? Please share.

Again, words of encouragement. Black kids can be anything they want to be today. If you put in the work and make wise decisions, you can be successful!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2020, 07:45 AM

2,180 posts, read 640,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
https://www.scmp.com/news/china/soci...igner-industry

White people are given special standing the world over, not just America.

If you move to Africa, you will have black privilege over any other minorities that live there.

And then you'll see how minorities are treated in black majority, Latin majority and Asian majority countries.

White privilege is the least of the world's problems.

Old 06-03-2020, 07:48 AM

13,954 posts, read 5,623,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
There IS one privilege.

Money privilege.

If you can buy a congressman you have that privilege. You get most of the financial/ regulatory/ anti trust laws you want. You even get congress to bury a tax cut for you inside a stimulus bill where noone can seem to figure out who put that tax cut in. Then you let the peons fight over abortion and other things you do not care about.
Truth, and still, it isn't privilege so much as the harsh reality of the nature of politics and involuntary government.

If the involuntary state had less power over the individual, preferably none, then all the money in the world wouldn't buy congressmen, because owning them wouldn't be worth a 6 pack of beer. What would be the use, if they had no power to broker?

And that is the irony I spoke of in the "what is expected" thread. The core issue people have with those they castigate for possessing "privilege" is that the "privileged" can buy favor from the government, and those who don't possess that favor want it.

That's ironic two ways. One, they don't want privilege gone, they just want it taken from people who have it and given to those who do not. The privilege game still exists, just the players get shuffled. Two, they seek to change the privilege game by demanding the government exercise/possess more power over privilege, thence to dole it out according to the demands of the new majority. But over 50+ years, they voted themselves into a corner, where the power brokers know they'll get the votes either way, they are handed more power to sell, and the current privileged simply buy more of that privilege.

At every turn, government power is the source of all their problems, and at every turn, the "unprivileged" think giving government more power is the fix to those problems. It's tragic and comical.

Old 06-03-2020, 07:50 AM

8,174 posts, read 6,924,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post
It is amazing to me how strongly the democrats try to convince (and often successfully) people with skin color other than white that they are at some HUGE disadvantage in today's world just because of their skin color. The narrative is that this privilege is so overwhelming that people of color might as well just give up. It is absolutely false that white people in general have some large, insurmountable advantage as we are told from the left. It may be that at some point in some white folks' lives they get some benefit, but it is NOT some life changing attribute.

However, there are some truly privileged people in this world, and I am not jealous of them. It is just the cards I was given. For me, even a middle class life comes only through hard work and making good decisions to live within my means. Here is a short lost of the truly privileged.

-Singers with amazing voices (born with amazing vocals)
-Professional athletes - There are just some born with almost superhuman abilities
-Geniuses - some are just smarter than others
-Professional Musicians - This is one where hard work definitely plays a role, but there are some that are gifted beyond normal skills
This is an excellent post and it is the absolute truth.

Old 06-03-2020, 07:56 AM

8,174 posts, read 6,924,107 times
Quote:
No, but I know my life, and I can tell you my skin color has not had some huge impact on my life. I have gotten to this middle class life because I made some right decisions and put in the work along the way.

Why do you want to continue to hold black people down with your rhetoric? I cannot imagine being a black person today and always being told that everyone is against me and there is some white boogeyman out to get me. These are just flat out lies, so what, you can continue to keep power over them? Please share.

Again, words of encouragement. Black kids can be anything they want to be today. If you put in the work and make wise decisions, you can be successful!
Again, another nugget of truth. And it is EXACTLY why #BLEXIT is happening, people are waking the hell up and leaving the Democrat Party Plantation. They are becoming Conseratives, Independents, Liberterians... etc. It's a beautiful thing when people become free.

Old 06-03-2020, 07:56 AM

9,912 posts, read 9,588,087 times
Since I'm white, other people will declare "I" have priviledge. As a blanket statement. Just I'm white, so automatically I got it.

I deny that I have priviledge.

I would like to say I have some defects, I'm overweight, Im not pretty, my nose is big, I don't look like a supermodel or a pretty girl like we see on tv that has 10 men wanting to date them.

I could say they have beauty priviledge.. I think that would be right, seems like the pretty girls get all the men who are naturally attracted to a beautiful woman. but I don't say that even though I think it is true that you have an advantage if you are beautiful, thin, and young. they will most definitely attract more men than an ugly girl. But then this can be a disadvantage - they get idiots always wanting to date and some of them really get tired of all that attention, so aha I have an advantage.

Anyhoo back to white priviledge. for the record, ok so I cant help the skin color, eye color and hair color I was born with. I suppose I have some like people not clutching their pearls when I walk past them. this is not meant to be funny, but perhaps I don't scare people walking past them like if a black man in a hoodie walked past some people - they might be apprehensive about the black man in a hoodie (who is doing nothing but just walking by with that fashion on).

but every person is entitled to life, liberty and pursuit of happiness. if you allow yourself to believe in 'white priviledge" you are telling yourself you are a "black disadvantaged person". This is victim mentality.. You have put yourself in a box dictated by other's opinions, and you will now disadvantage yourself because you think like a victim.

If you start catching yourself saying that someone else has a priviledge I recommend - kick that thought to the curb and go out and DO for yourself. Pursue what you want, but don't put down others in your pursuit. Grab what you want by working for it and toward it. Don't wallow in pity and such like that. in fact, if you really want to get even with "the man" and "white priviledge" go grab what you want, be a success, don't kick others down, and then when you get the prize, be happy and know you overcame that lame trope of "white privilege"

Remember, if you always look to others and consider them having some kind of priviledge, then go out and beat that and get what you want and need and not worry about any other person but what you need to do.

Old 06-03-2020, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
https://www.scmp.com/news/china/soci...igner-industry

White people are given special standing the world over, not just America.
Nice way to twist the article to support your narrative. The headline is quite misleading as well and just seeks to divide. The Chinese are doing this for public appearances purpose only. In a way, they are using whites to expel the lie that they want to be a part of the western world. The article also states that they hire other races "just mostly whites" without giving actual numbers. So the intent of this article is questioned. Seems like it is just anti-white. In addition, the largest economies in the world are majority white people, so doesn't it make sense that Chinese - who are good business people - would mostly hire representatives that reflect the largest population?

It's not about racism as you are tying to assert. Blacks face far more difficulties from their own people than they do white, by FAR.

Old 06-03-2020, 08:04 AM

41,957 posts, read 75,183,468 times
Quote:
I cannot imagine being a black person today and always being told that everyone is against me
They don't have to be told. They already know.

Quote:
Black kids can be anything they want to be today. If you put in the work and make wise decisions, you can be successful!
That is true; however, no matter how hard they work or how wise their decisions, today's black kids still are faced with biases simply because of the color of their skin. They already have one strike against them - a strike that white people do not have.

Old 06-03-2020, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHenriques1147 View Post
If you move to Africa, you will have black privilege over any other minorities that live there.

And then you'll see how minorities are treated in black majority, Latin majority and Asian majority countries.

White privilege is the least of the world's problems.
Thank you! This whole white privilege narrative needs to stop. It is a lie that just divides us. White people as a rule are far far more open to other cultures than other cultures around the world including African, Asian and Muslim.

Old 06-03-2020, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
They don't have to be told. They already know.

That is true; however, no matter how hard they work or how wise their decisions, today's black kids still are faced with biases simply because of the color of their skin. They already have one strike against them - a strike that white people do not have.
Lies, just quit! Show me proof. Why do you want to continue to hold blacks down? Again show me proof that white people as a whole in American today (not 150 years ago) are holding black people down. And don't show me some editorial opinion from some white liberal who has something to gain by keeping blacks down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies