Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2020, 08:29 AM

860 posts, read 321,402 times

Advertisements

Blacks make up 13% of the population. Blacks commit 54% of the violent crime. Why is that?

Police kill a higher percentage (not just numbers, but percentage) of whites (45%) than they do blacks (23%). That is TWICE the percentage. Why is that?

Given that blacks are committing a higher percentage of violent crimes, why are they killed at a lower percentage than whites are?

If police are systematically racist, why are whites killed at a higher percentage than blacks?

Now about the blacks that police do kill. Black police officers kill more blacks than white police officers do. If police were systematically racist, then wouldn't white police officers kill more blacks than black police officers do? Or are people claiming that black police officers are racist against other blacks?

Crime Stats

US police shoot almost 1,000 people dead every year, figures show

Old 06-03-2020, 08:33 AM

16,909 posts, read 10,580,649 times
People have pointed our these facts and evidence. They are deemed racist and completely ignored. No one cares about police brutality. They care about a black guy getting crushed by a white guy. They need it to be racist so they can blame Trump. That’s really the whole point here. That’s the real end game. Trump makes everyone racist. That’s their real message.

Old 06-03-2020, 08:43 AM

2,313 posts, read 2,504,404 times
Great news. Why don't you go downtown and let the looters in on this secret so that they can stop and go back home? Thanks, I appreciate it.

Old 06-03-2020, 08:45 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 21 days ago)

27,628 posts, read 16,111,637 times
An honest discussion is nearly impossible since we are up against the msm and allies who play division against us and useful idiots who fall in line with emotional fall out.

Old 06-03-2020, 08:47 AM

6,470 posts, read 4,065,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser Brody View Post
Blacks make up 13% of the population. Blacks commit 54% of the violent crime. Why is that?

Police kill a higher percentage (not just numbers, but percentage) of whites (45%) than they do blacks (23%). That is TWICE the percentage. Why is that?

Given that blacks are committing a higher percentage of violent crimes, why are they killed at a lower percentage than whites are?

If police are systematically racist, why are whites killed at a higher percentage than blacks?

Now about the blacks that police do kill. Black police officers kill more blacks than white police officers do. If police were systematically racist, then wouldn't white police officers kill more blacks than black police officers do? Or are people claiming that black police officers are racist against other blacks?

Crime Stats

US police shoot almost 1,000 people dead every year, figures show
1. Your posting a commonly said lie of the get-go.

Blacks do not, and have never committed 54% of violent crime, Blacks commit 27% of all violent crime. They however commit 48-54% of Murder which is a small number of crimes among violent crimes (it depends on what year you focus on).

Blacks are over-represented in unarmed killings. Noone cares about the killing of black criminals, hence in Houston alone something along the lines of 4-6 black people have been shot and killed committing a crime and not one has made the news outside of Houston.

You mention blacks being over-represented in crime, but ignore the fact that blacks are over-represented in unarmed killings. While good work has been done and the number has tumbled over time, it's still too high in many places.

https://www.vox.com/2020/6/2/2127647...rican-american

I don't like using Vox because of their obvious bias but they have all the statistics here.

Old 06-03-2020, 08:48 AM

2,540 posts, read 1,032,641 times
It exists. Indians (dot not feather) commit very little crime in the U.S, lower numbers per capita than whites and an innocent grandmother visiting his doctor son from India was walking the neighborhood and got mistaken for Black and beaten brutally by cops just for walking while being perceived to by Black. That being said, I’m horrified by the violence in the riots and NOT a supporter of BLM but you can’t deny color based racism exists. https://www.nbcnews.com/news/asian-a...father-n573806

Old 06-03-2020, 08:51 AM

8,955 posts, read 2,553,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
You mention blacks being over-represented in crime, but ignore the fact that blacks are over-represented in unarmed killings.
The two things go hand in hand. When a group is over-represented in violent crime along with being RIDICULOUSLY over-represented in both murders and murders of police officers, it's only natural that the group be over-represented in all police killings including unarmed killings.

The more violent interactions with police, the more likely for a fatality to occur.

If anything, they are represented less than one would expect when it comes to being killed by police.

Old 06-03-2020, 08:52 AM

860 posts, read 321,402 times
Quote:

Blacks do not, and have never committed 54% of violent crime, Blacks commit 27% of all violent crime.
I posted the link with the official numbers. Sorry, but you are wrong. Please do not deflect.

Old 06-03-2020, 09:05 AM

4,897 posts, read 2,051,253 times
Quote:

Blacks do not, and have never committed 54% of violent crime, Blacks commit 27% of all violent crime. They however commit 48-54% of Murder which is a small number of crimes among violent crimes (it depends on what year you focus on).

Blacks are over-represented in unarmed killings. Noone cares about the killing of black criminals, hence in Houston alone something along the lines of 4-6 black people have been shot and killed committing a crime and not one has made the news outside of Houston.

You mention blacks being over-represented in crime, but ignore the fact that blacks are over-represented in unarmed killings. While good work has been done and the number has tumbled over time, it's still too high in many places.

https://www.vox.com/2020/6/2/2127647...rican-american

I don't like using Vox because of their obvious bias but they have all the statistics here.
Wow... I think I’m missing something here... In my book, killing is killing and it doesn’t make a person(s) less dead if the they were killed with or without a weapon... So, help me here... Is a person murdered by being shot to death a greater loss than a person being strangled to death?

Murder is murder AND man-slaughter is man slaughter.

This cannot be twisted to lessen a cold hard fact.

Old 06-03-2020, 09:10 AM

6,470 posts, read 4,065,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser Brody View Post
I posted the link with the official numbers. Sorry, but you are wrong. Please do not deflect.
Your own link says 27%, read your own link before you post my guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.