Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2020, 11:11 AM

860 posts, read 321,631 times

Advertisements

Reading all the comments in the white privilege thread, particularly the ones saying whites have white privilege because they are the majority, has me questioning the future.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
What you don't understand is that in a white majority nation in which whites also control the factors of production and money, things are designed by you and for your interest
Latinos are the fastest growing segment of the American population. Not too far down the road, Latinos will become the majority and will most likely keep that status forever. Whites will join blacks as a minority group in America. Once that happens, will people start claiming Latino privilege exists and will white privilege no longer exist?

This is a serious question, because Latinos will be the majority and the common comment I find about white privilege is about that they are the majority and make the rules which hold down minorities on purpose. Once Latinos become the majority, they will have the biggest influence on policy making. How do you see this playing out over the years as the demographics change?

Will blacks claim they are being held down by Latinos instead of whites and will whites start claiming they are held down by Latinos?

Old 06-03-2020, 11:15 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,032,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser Brody View Post
Reading all the comments in the white privilege thread, particularly the ones saying whites have white privilege because they are the majority, has me questioning the future.
Latinos are the fastest growing segment of the American population. Not too far down the road, Latinos will become the majority and will most likely keep that status forever. Whites will join blacks as a minority group in America. Once that happens, will people start claiming Latino privilege exists and will white privilege no longer exist?

This is a serious question, because Latinos will be the majority and the common comment I find about white privilege is about that they are the majority and make the rules which hold down minorities on purpose. Once Latinos become the majority, they will have the biggest influence on policy making. How do you see this playing out over the years as the demographics change?

Will blacks claim they are being held down by Latinos instead of whites and will whites start claiming they are held down by Latinos?
Money controls policy. Latinos would be the largest voting block, so pols would pander to them even more than they do now (and they do a lot ), but policy would actually be based around who is donating to whom. Pretty much how it's been for a few centuries.

Old 06-03-2020, 11:21 AM

2,102 posts, read 1,003,821 times
Latino Privilege is completely taking over Miami!!!

I respect all immigrant's contributions to America (my family is one), but it's like a different country down there!!!

Old 06-03-2020, 11:23 AM

2,678 posts, read 1,700,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumann Koch View Post

I respect all immigrant's contributions to America (my family is one), but it's like a different country down there!!!
and I’m sure Los Angeles is Mexico to you.

Old 06-03-2020, 11:26 AM

62,938 posts, read 29,126,415 times
If whites are to become the minority in this country then I would rather blacks or Asians become the majority. I don't care for cultures who have a tribal mentality that trumps our immigration laws and that are heavy breeders. Blacks at least speak English as their primary language also. Asians tend to be well educated and have good jobs.

Old 06-03-2020, 11:27 AM

62,938 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxx View Post
and I’m sure Los Angeles is Mexico to you.
It pretty much is and so are many other parts of Calif. and the southwest.

Old 06-03-2020, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
If whites are to become the minority in this country then I would rather blacks or Asians become the majority. I don't care for cultures who have a tribal mentality that trumps our immigration laws and that are heavy breeders. Blacks at least speak English as their primary language also. Asians tend to be well educated and have good jobs.
Setting aside that I am SHOCKED at some of what you wrote , let me ask you this in the context of THIS thread. When latinos become the majority, will you then claim Latino privilege exists? Will you claim you are being held down by Latinos?

Old 06-03-2020, 11:29 AM

3,850 posts, read 2,226,099 times
The hispanic group is a political fabrication!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser Brody View Post
Before they became "Latinos/Hispanics" in the 80s, people of Spanish or Latin American origin used to be part of the white community! In the Jim Crow era, they were complicit with Anglo Americans.

Old 06-03-2020, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
The hispanic group is a political fabrication!

Before they became "Latinos/Hispanics" in the 80s, people of Spanish or Latin American origin used to be part of the white community! In the Jim Crow era, they were complicit with Anglo Americans.
Ugh!

Old 06-03-2020, 11:32 AM

8,168 posts, read 3,125,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumann Koch View Post

I have to admit, Latina's are HOT!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies