Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2020, 11:47 AM

12,039 posts, read 6,570,692 times

Advertisements

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...have-tear-gas/

And here’s an article with the facts regarding the clearing of the park because of attacks on police.

https://thefederalist.com/2020/06/02...ainst-rioters/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2020, 11:48 AM

1,781 posts, read 956,122 times
And of course No One will correct the lies that were spewed. Libs and Media will just ignore it AS USUAL.

Old 06-03-2020, 11:51 AM

17,302 posts, read 12,251,233 times
They used something which has the same effects as tear gas...semantics.
https://twitter.com/NathanBacaTV/sta...75548875268097

Old 06-03-2020, 11:59 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
I don't always tell my goons to clear an area of peaceful protesters so I can have a photo op after hiding in my bunker like a female body part...but when I do I tell them to use OC gas cannisters instead of CN/CS tear gas.

Sources:

https://imgflip.com/memetemplate/10760000/i-dont-always

https://i.imgflip.com/6emgw.jpg

Old 06-03-2020, 12:09 PM

124 posts, read 146,099 times
Why do the media & politicians lie about stuff like this when people will eventually find out the truth? I'm a moderate - I don't like Trump but my goodness, I would rather have a brash narcissist who can't keep his mouth shut than have manipulative, conniving liars like Pelosi in charge.

Old 06-03-2020, 12:13 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camo_Butterfly View Post
Why do the media & politicians lie about stuff like this when people will eventually find out the truth? I'm a moderate - I don't like Trump but my goodness, I would rather have a brash narcissist who can't keep his mouth shut than have manipulative, conniving liars like Pelosi in charge.
I'm no fan of the media and they have never and will never give Trump a break but in this case I think it's a simple misunderstanding of the devices used.

Grant it, the media should have weapons experts at its disposal to fact check but we're dealing with completely incompetent morons in the media. Combine it with their hatred for Trump and now you're off and running in crazy world (aka an afternoon watching CNN).

Old 06-03-2020, 12:17 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,127,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinaggie View Post
And of course No One will correct the lies that were spewed. Libs and Media will just ignore it AS USUAL.
Is this the one about President Trump ordering protestors to get teargased in order to clear out a park so he can do a walkthrough? The local liberal democrat news station (740 AM KCBS) was griping about it this morning. I turned off the station once they announced their usual demolib political analyst was going to be delivering the daily anti-Trump/Republican rhetoric therapy to all their demolib listeners.

So is this the same story about the teargas and now it's not teargas?

Old 06-03-2020, 12:18 PM

1,781 posts, read 956,122 times
And Good Lord, like it or not he IS the President of the most powerful country in the world. I doubt the SS was going to let him scroll on through hundreds of "peaceful" protesters without clearing his path to make sure things didn't get out of hand.

Old 06-03-2020, 12:20 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
They used something which has the same effects as tear gas...semantics.
Yeah, laughing gas, it brings me to tears too !!!

Old 06-03-2020, 12:23 PM

2,306 posts, read 1,703,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I'm no fan of the media and they have never and will never give Trump a break but in this case I think it's a simple misunderstanding of the devices used.

Grant it, the media should have weapons experts at its disposal to fact check but we're dealing with completely incompetent morons in the media. Combine it with their hatred for Trump and now you're off and running in crazy world (aka an afternoon watching CNN).

Pretty much this. When they were interviewing people afterwards, they said tear gas was used on them. It sounds like now it was smoke bombs. But the media went with what people told them. It was a mistake and it's been corrected. Today in the media they are reporting the correction. At least, they are in the local DC area.

Still, I think it's horrible that a peaceful protest... people legally exercising their First Amendment Rights on public grounds in the Nation's Capital... were effectively silenced by the state with force (I can link to videos of the police bashing a news crew with a shield and beating the reporter with a baton at that event... and that's only because another news crew was there to record it. I am sure the attacks were not limited to one Australian news crew).

The first domino is First Amendment Rights... then the rest will fall too. A true American who cares for our freedoms would be outraged or at the very least concerned about this abuse of power.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MXtoh90mgk
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies