Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2020, 09:04 AM

9,897 posts, read 3,434,150 times

Advertisements

Quote:
More than the rampant looting and the street battles, more than the clashes between police and protesters, these scenes of white people genuflecting in mass public affirmations of their own guilt is the key to understanding where all this is headed.

The model at work here is the Chinese Cultural Revolution, with its mass “struggle sessions” in which anyone deemed insufficiently sympathetic to the proletariat, or thought to have an excessively bourgeois lifestyle, was subjected to public humiliations, paraded through the streets, assaulted, denounced, and put on display as objects of scorn. Often these struggle sessions ended in false confessions and pleas for mercy.

Obviously, no one in America is being paraded through the streets against their will. But by rushing to profess their supposed guilt for racism, these people are admitting that they need publicly to affirm their allegiance to woke identity politics. This represents nothing less than the emergence of a new regime in American life. What is now a voluntary and seemingly spontaneous public affirmation of progressive ideology will in time become a requirement. If you want a career or a public platform or a professional life in mainstream society, you’ll have to profess allegiance to the cultural left.
https://thefederalist.com/2020/06/04...ot-going-away/

Where we are now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2020, 09:15 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,255,259 times
I think the kneeling is stupid because it is subservient. As a white person I am not subservient to a black person because of the shade of my skin. I have zero white guilt for slavery that ended over 150 years ago because I had nothing to do with it. I cannot even join in the walks, the protests, the riots or the looting because I do not know what it means to be a black guy.

I can have empathy for them but I prefer to treat any one with a simple form of respect that I then expect in return. The golden rule of do to others is something we should all live by and we wouldn't be having all these problems.

We should all strive to view each other as equals. It is really that simple.

There was a photo of Biden taking a knee at a church with black people standing behind him. What a buffoon.

I'd rather raise my fist in solidarity, pride and strength then kneel to the Lefts new ideology.

Old 06-04-2020, 09:20 AM

27,660 posts, read 16,151,349 times
Thats what a cult looks like. I will pass if its the death of me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies