Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2020, 10:33 PM

3,304 posts, read 2,171,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
You missed my point entirely. Black people protest police brutality, a white man get's brutalized, not a peep from white people. A black person get's brutalized, black people at the grassroots (often close family members and community members not necessarily of the same race but largely black) make it an issue. The issue is popularized in the black community. People of all races start protesting the black person being brutalized. Certain people get angry that the black people didn't protest the first issue when they didn't care enough to protest it.

It's not about black people not caring for your kind. It's that you clearly do not care about your kind so how can you expect others to protest for your kind. If people who knew the man or where watchdogs in the community had made a buzz about it, it would have gathered buzz and reached the black community. But since you guys think police brutality doesn't exist and you ignore the problem in your own community, you can't expect sympathy from something your not sympathetic towards.

My post makes it clear it is a personal problem that you don't care about people in your community, not necessarily racial being brutalized. Black folks would care if you made it an issue, but instead you read the story say nothing about it and bring it up months later when a similar event happens in the black community.

The story personally sounds appalling but I know nothing of the incident till now because local activists didn't try to popularize this incident of police brutality, because they don't believe it's a serious issue.

Black people pushed for civil rights, which lead to much of the legislation that helped, Women, Gay Men and all other minorities so clearly they reciprocate. But let's say German Americans were oppressed as well but they did nothing about it, how could they expect the black community to rally for a cause they don't believe in.
I'm not White but I am more sympathetic towards White people because White people have shown that they are sympathetic towards other groups and willing to sacrifice for others. This is the real truth.

If there's a major disaster, you are more likely to see Whites out there helping others and risking their lives than you are likely to see any other groups. Sure, we always see some good Blacks who help out. That is undeniable. But they make up a tiny fraction of those who put themselves on the line. During Katrina, the overwhelming majority of rescuers and first responders were White. Yet during that time, Whites were vilified as racists for supposedly not doing enough for Blacks.

And yes, you are right that Whites will very rarely come together to stand up for other Whites. Many, if not most, Whites are pathologically altruistic to the point that they think it's virtuous to care more about others than they do about themselves. This is why you often see Whites taking up the cause of some other group that they feel has it worse off than them, whether that's Blacks or gays or other minority groups.

When you see these types of threads, what you are seeing are Whites pointing out the painful hypocrisy of the fact that Whites stand up for others, yet hardly anyone stands up for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2020, 10:38 PM

5,301 posts, read 2,352,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
You missed my point entirely. Black people protest police brutality, a white man get's brutalized, not a peep from white people. A black person get's brutalized, black people at the grassroots (often close family members and community members not necessarily of the same race but largely black) make it an issue. The issue is popularized in the black community. People of all races start protesting the black person being brutalized. Certain people get angry that the black people didn't protest the first issue when they didn't care enough to protest it.

It's not about black people not caring for your kind. It's that you clearly do not care about your kind so how can you expect others to protest for your kind. If people who knew the man or where watchdogs in the community had made a buzz about it, it would have gathered buzz and reached the black community. But since you guys think police brutality doesn't exist and you ignore the problem in your own community, you can't expect sympathy from something your not sympathetic towards.

My post makes it clear it is a personal problem that you don't care about people in your community, not necessarily racial being brutalized. Black folks would care if you made it an issue, but instead you read the story say nothing about it and bring it up months later when a similar event happens in the black community.

The story personally sounds appalling but I know nothing of the incident till now because local activists didn't try to popularize this incident of police brutality, because they don't believe it's a serious issue.

Black people pushed for civil rights, which lead to much of the legislation that helped, Women, Gay Men and all other minorities so clearly they reciprocate. But let's say German Americans were oppressed as well but they did nothing about it, how could they expect the black community to rally for a cause they don't believe in.
Two things...

1) I don’t think most people are even aware of the police brutality toward non-black people. Those stories are never told, whereas we’re constantly seeing the stories of the black victims...which we should be, but we should know about it no matter what race the victim is. Their selective reporting leads the average person to believe this is a uniquely black issue.

2) The talk of “my kind” and “your kind” is exactly what government officials and their enforcers want right now. They want us fighting with each other because it draws the focus away from them, the ones who are actually to blame.

Old 06-03-2020, 10:50 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,491,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T0103E View Post
Two things...

1) I don’t think most people are even aware of the police brutality toward non-black people. Those stories are never told, whereas we’re constantly seeing the stories of the black victims...which we should be, but we should know about it no matter what race the victim is. Their selective reporting leads the average person to believe this is a uniquely black issue.

2) The talk of “my kind” and “your kind” is exactly what government officials and their enforcers want right now. They want us fighting with each other because it draws the focus away from them, the ones who are actually to blame.
Bull. Every major media outlet reported this story. Years ago when it happened and again a year ago regarding the civil suit. Google tony timpa. You will see that nyt, wapo, and cnn all covered it among countless others. So much for the stupid right wing meme of lame stream media.

So msm did call out this case of police brutality. Where was right wing media? Oh right. Cops are always right. The guy was off his meds and hade coke in him so it was his fault.

Now the right wing media suddenly reports on it since they can weaponize as far As a counter to George loyd incident, and take shots at the left by making false claims about Soros and artifa.

What did I miss?

Old 06-03-2020, 10:55 PM

21,829 posts, read 25,102,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Welcome to Texas. Someone in the bean counter division right now is probably cursing not settling the case at the moment, but yup, Texas.

Old 06-03-2020, 11:16 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,573,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Caucasian have never been slaves and under the law of Jim Crow and Lynched like African-Americans have that's why it's a much more serious offence.

Old 06-03-2020, 11:22 PM

5,301 posts, read 2,352,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Bull. Every major media outlet reported this story. Years ago when it happened and again a year ago regarding the civil suit. Google tony timpa. You will see that nyt, wapo, and cnn all covered it among countless others. So much for the stupid right wing meme of lame stream media.

So msm did call out this case of police brutality. Where was right wing media? Oh right. Cops are always right. The guy was off his meds and hade coke in him so it was his fault.

Now the right wing media suddenly reports on it since they can weaponize as far As a counter to George loyd incident, and take shots at the left by making false claims about Soros and artifa.

What did I miss?
Hopefully you're not assuming I'm right wing, or a cop supporter...I argue with those people all the time.

In any case, I'm speaking generally. Seems like you're right about this story...and I'm glad to hear it. I've just had way too many conversations with people who legitimately believe that white supremacy is running rampant, and that black people are being hunted by racists out for blood. I've even seen comments saying "name one white person that's been killed by the police... you can't". Delusional.

But for something we probably agree on, the right wing has their own insanities. You'll see so many people say "well that's what you get for resisting" or "here's an idea: don't break the law"...think they'd apply the same logic if the government tried to take away guns, or anything else they support?

People need to follow principles rather than following their team. Without sticking to guiding principles, people become hypocritical and are easily confused and manipulated. Sucks to see it on both sides.

Old 06-03-2020, 11:36 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T0103E View Post
Two things...

#2 -

And the statists fall for it hook, line, and sinker every time.

We are 50 years removed from Kent State and Jackson State (last month). 4 dead white kids, 2 dead black kids. Both at the hands of State agents (National Guard, Jackson/Miss. State Police).

Total prison time by anyone in either case: zero.

That's why nothing changes. Well, until November when it's "New master pickin' time".

Old 06-03-2020, 11:52 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,823,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Do white people ever go find and bring up an article about white out of wedlock births or crime when they are attempting to berate blacks for our out of wedlock birth rate and crime?

Do white people ever go look to see in any white person killed anyone in a long weekend in Chicago, when they attempt to point out all the blacks killings and to make it look like it is about RACE?

Let me answer that for you. HELL TO THE NAW!!!

However, every the issue points to whites being racist.....invariably they will go out and google an example of the same thing happening to a whites to clear the image of whites and make blacks looks like they are the problems for making it racial.

In other words, blacks can be said to be something even if it is not exclusive to blacks....but in order for whites to be accused of something, there can be NO EXAMPLE of anyone else doing it. If there is, white people will find that example and start a topic showing that it can't be racial when they do it because the same thing has happened to whites.
What a convoluted mess! Were you smoking crack when you wrote this? Be honest! This is some bizarre sheet even for you!

Old 06-03-2020, 11:53 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,520,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
Caucasian have never been slaves and under the law of Jim Crow and Lynched like African-Americans have that's why it's a much more serious offence.
What is a more serious offence?

Old 06-04-2020, 12:58 AM

4,515 posts, read 2,520,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
Yeah, the Holocaust was a walk in the park...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies