Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2020, 06:01 PM

18,015 posts, read 27,463,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Peasant View Post
They're all blue. How about that?
If they're all blue, then how did the Fakestream Blamestream Lamestream Mainstream media find it necessary to find the yellow and the black from that blue? It would have been interesting for us to see up front.

Maybe that's where the missing four minutes went.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2020, 06:07 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,175,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumann Koch View Post
Thank you for your response. I honestly did not know that 'One Drop' can determine your Race. Maybe as I have never had that discussion with anyone, especially with my black friends.

What I guess I don't feel comfortable about 'One Drop' is that one may be able to 'switch' his/her Race, depending on the circumstance and whichever benefits most at the time. At least we called Liz Warren out! "One Drop, But Don't Flip Flop" ... hey I made a funny!

PS: you might find it interesting that when my mother was growing up in Nazi Germany, each family had to provide an Ahnenpaß ("Ancestor Pass") to prove that your parents and grandparents were not Jewish. I have my mother's family's Ahnenpaß, and it goes back six generations! Great for Ancestry.com, but not so great thinking you had to prove your 'purity' or get sent away (which happened to many of my mother's schoolmates )
Yea, that’s how the majority of generational Americans view race, though its changing now. It doesn’t make sense to me either.

Wow @ the ancestor pass. Amazing that you are able to trace your family that far back but what a way to obtain it. The Nazis were beyond inhumane.

Old 06-04-2020, 06:15 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,175,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySagacious View Post
Obama self-identified as biracial/mixed race.

The one drop rule was a white supremacist rule to identify people who weren't racially "pure" (white). It's beyond me why mixed Americans want to adhere to it.
If he did, that’s good. Thought I read otherwise.

Not sure if mixed Americans want to identify with it. It seems that because they were often shunned by their white (and sometimes other) side due to the ODR, it just became ingrained.

Old 06-04-2020, 09:02 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,099,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
He is mixed race with a very white up bringing.
Just like President Obama. Just curious, did you refer to President Obama as "mixed race"?

Old 06-04-2020, 09:04 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,099,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
One cop killed Floyd while the others stood by and let it happen. Doesn't matter what their race is.
That's not what we've been told for the past week.

Old 06-04-2020, 09:08 PM

14,229 posts, read 4,593,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Yea, that’s how the majority of generational Americans view race, though its changing now. It doesn’t make sense to me either.

Wow @ the ancestor pass. Amazing that you are able to trace your family that far back but what a way to obtain it. The Nazis were beyond inhumane.
I am a millennial and biracial (half white, half asian). I don’t remember the last time anyone called me a white guy.

Although I got plenty of “look at that asian guy with green eyes”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies