Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2020, 12:25 PM

273 posts, read 96,702 times

Advertisements

I supported Yang and Sanders until the MSM started blasting Trump for banning flights from China and criticizing the WHO and especially for criticizing Trump so harshly for calling it the Chinese virus. It became clear to me that the left was to tied up with China and the CCP and I HAD NO CHOICE but to support Trump.

If the virus never happened and the MSM never started blaming Trump for trying to stand up to BJ i wouldve most likely voted Biden or not voted, but now I have no choice but to support Trump. I fully support his foreign policies regarding China.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2020, 12:34 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,018,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
After watching the GOP defend everything Trump does, I could never ever vote Republican. He could bomb a town and they'd find an excuse for it.
The only chance we have of an actual Conservative party in this country is if the GOP is burned down.

The GOP is the matrix. The Lincoln Project is the red pill.

Old 06-04-2020, 12:39 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
I'm not misrepresenting your views, I'm pointing out how hilariously inconsistent they are.

You attack the Republican party for being "on a highway to the left" while constantly defending the far left. It's transparent that you aren't being intellectually honest and that this is all a shtick.
More teenage arguing tactics

Can't answer the questions, so you start misrepresenting the people who trashed your arguments.

It's weak and dishonest, and it says more about you than those you try to attack.

Boot-licking weak! Maybe you can find one of Trump's old shoes in EBay, so you can lick is every morning when you wake up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzou88 View Post
I supported Yang and Sanders until the MSM started blasting Trump for banning flights from China and criticizing the WHO and especially for criticizing Trump so harshly for calling it the Chinese virus. It became clear to me that the left was to tied up with China and the CCP and I HAD NO CHOICE but to support Trump.
From Yang to Sanders to Trump. I think that pretty much defines "all over the map".

Old 06-04-2020, 12:47 PM

1,881 posts, read 1,010,623 times
Quote:

If the virus never happened and the MSM never started blaming Trump for trying to stand up to BJ i wouldve most likely voted Biden or not voted, but now I have no choice but to support Trump. I fully support his foreign policies regarding China.
What a paid troll or someone with no consistent thoughts.. How do you go from way far left to Trump in that short of time?

Old 06-04-2020, 01:30 PM

5,357 posts, read 5,134,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
That is not even true. There was 2 trillion + 1 trillion + new money printed by the Fed.

Yes, huge numbers, and all three branches of the Government approved, and two of those branches are controlled by the Republican party. You can shift the blame on Nancy, which is exactly what Republicans do when they commit these kinds of things. It is a dishonest practice if you asked me.

Its the Republican party which is on a highway to the left, and they don't even seem to know it. Dems have always leaned left, but at least they are honest about it.
We're speaking about different things. The first one was passed by all. That's fine. Then they tried to get a 2nd one, an ADDITIONAL 3 trillion on top of this through in a 2nd stimulus wave. It didn't pass but still...

Yes I agree though, the republicans have largely abandon the platform of limited government debt and have shifted significantly on this issue. And that annoys me.

Old 06-04-2020, 01:32 PM

52,268 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil P View Post
We're speaking about different things. The first one was passed by all. That's fine. Then they tried to get a 2nd one, an ADDITIONAL 3 trillion on top of this through in a 2nd stimulus wave.

Yes I agree though, the republicans have largely abandon the platform of limited government debt and have shifted significantly on this issue. And that annoys me.
The dems wanna tax and spend and the Repugs wanna borrow and spend. The days of fiscal conservancy among the repugs and the dems are long gone.

Old 06-04-2020, 01:33 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,412,952 times
Quote:

Unfortunately Trump's domestic message is tearing the country apart, he has not tried to be a real president of all Americans for even one day of his term, and he doesn't actually care about public service one bit. For those reasons he will be shown the door.

Old 06-04-2020, 01:33 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
We're speaking about different things. The first one was passed by all. That's fine. Then they tried to get a 2nd one, an ADDITIONAL 3 trillion on top of this through in a 2nd stimulus wave. It didn't pass but still...

"When Republicans are in power there is no conservative party in US." - Sen.Rand Paul 2017

That is why I call them pseudo-conservatives, and Trump is a prime example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
The dems wanna tax and spend and the Repugs wanna borrow and spend. The days of fiscal conservancy among the repugs and the dems are long gone.
Ironically Tax & Spend is more fiscally responsible than Borrow & Spend.

National Debt Today = $25.8 Trillion. Trump has racked up $6 trillion is 3 years, and it's going up rapidly while they spend on the hand-outs.

Old 06-04-2020, 01:46 PM

21,933 posts, read 9,503,108 times
Quote:
I was raised around republicans and my initial political stance was that way. However, I had become disillusioned with the party on it's fiscal conservation hypocrisy, warmongering and blind eye to DoD wastefulness, stance on drugs, and the stupid border wall.

The last few months have really changed my stance with the coronavirus response and the recent protests. With coronavirus, the democratic led states have refused to loosen their control despite the overwhelming evidence that the virus is not at all the threat predicted when the shutdown started and they've used the economic carnage to justify MASSIVE redistribution of funds, to groups that they want funds directed at.

With the recent protests, I'm flat out disgusted how the left has responded, justifying the anarchy and wreckage and completely ignoring any injustices aside from their soapbox of black oppression. Growing up in a pretty well diversified group of friends and acquaintances, their laundry list of "prejudice" just does not match my experience in life. Before I may have been sympathetic to a historical plight of injustice. Now, I realize articles like this are just tools to divide people, keep them in this pigeonhole mentality of being "the victim" or "the oppressor" and using minorities as pawns to accomplish their own agenda. The inclusiveness of the left is hypocrisy, they are more hostile towards anyone not like them or who does not think like them than the good ole boys of the GOP ever were.

I still think republicans are dumb and Trump is an idiot, but I'm absolutely terrified of what the "progressive" lefts agenda is. As of now, I'm planning to vote R on my ballot.
I would be willing to bet if you open up your mind a little more and read more sources of information, you might not think Trump is as much of an idiot.

Old 06-04-2020, 02:30 PM

3,973 posts, read 5,770,752 times
Quote:
I was raised around republicans and my initial political stance was that way. However, I had become disillusioned with the party on it's fiscal conservation hypocrisy, warmongering and blind eye to DoD wastefulness, stance on drugs, and the stupid border wall.

The last few months have really changed my stance with the coronavirus response and the recent protests. With coronavirus, the democratic led states have refused to loosen their control despite the overwhelming evidence that the virus is not at all the threat predicted when the shutdown started and they've used the economic carnage to justify MASSIVE redistribution of funds, to groups that they want funds directed at.

With the recent protests, I'm flat out disgusted how the left has responded, justifying the anarchy and wreckage and completely ignoring any injustices aside from their soapbox of black oppression. Growing up in a pretty well diversified group of friends and acquaintances, their laundry list of "prejudice" just does not match my experience in life. Before I may have been sympathetic to a historical plight of injustice. Now, I realize articles like this are just tools to divide people, keep them in this pigeonhole mentality of being "the victim" or "the oppressor" and using minorities as pawns to accomplish their own agenda. The inclusiveness of the left is hypocrisy, they are more hostile towards anyone not like them or who does not think like them than the good ole boys of the GOP ever were.

I still think republicans are dumb and Trump is an idiot, but I'm absolutely terrified of what the "progressive" lefts agenda is. As of now, I'm planning to vote R on my ballot.

I hear you bro. I started off leaning toward to the conservative right during my high school and early college years because I was swamped in a bog full of liberals and thought supporting the minority group (the Republicans) was fun. I voted for GW the first time around but I was so incensed with the invasion of Iraq and its hypocritical waste of lives, time, and especially taxpayer money that I switched sides and voted Democrat the next three presidential elections. That and after working as a substitute teacher in an urban school district and saw that tax cuts and the hands off governmental approach espoused by so many Republicans while sounding good on paper, was not helping the neediest people in our society. Now I realize that both sides, Left and Right, have their issues and we are seriously in need of a third middle ground voice. But no, I will not vote back in our current president because he reminds me too much of the worst egotistical bosses I had, the type that pretends to know everything all the time but never listens to anyone but him/herself and only knows how to take credit and dish out blame. I wish someone more moderate and less ideological like Mitt Romney was running right now so that our nation can heal but I guess I will either vote for Biden or write in a name and consider my vote going nowhere this election.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies