Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2020, 07:42 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,350,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
You seem to think I’m a Trump supporter. I’m not. I voted for Johnson in 2016, and will be voting third party in 2020. However, please explain what makes Biden, a man who can’t remember who is standing next to him or what office he is running for and who has been a part of the Washington establishment for decades, who was a key advocate in the Iraq invasion, who supported the Hyde amendment, who has repeatedly advocated for cuts to Social Security, a better candidate than Trump.

From where I stand, neither Trump nor Biden should even be in the same neighborhood as the White House. That being said, I’d rather deal with the arrogant narcissist who bluntly tells you how he feels than the career politician who pees on your head and tells you it’s raining.
The problem with your logic is that you left something out.

He doesn’t just tell you how he feels. He tells you how you need to feel about him.

Biden doesn’t do that nor does he color his decisions based on what will make him the most money. Biden will make better decisions in the best interests of the USA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2020, 08:02 PM

5,174 posts, read 4,626,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Peasant View Post
I hear you bro. I started off leaning toward to the conservative right during my high school and early college years because I was swamped in a bog full of liberals and thought supporting the minority group (the Republicans) was fun. I voted for GW the first time around but I was so incensed with the invasion of Iraq and its hypocritical waste of lives, time, and especially taxpayer money that I switched sides and voted Democrat the next three presidential elections. That and after working as a substitute teacher in an urban school district and saw that tax cuts and the hands off governmental approach espoused by so many Republicans while sounding good on paper, was not helping the neediest people in our society. Now I realize that both sides, Left and Right, have their issues and we are seriously in need of a third middle ground voice. But no, I will not vote back in our current president because he reminds me too much of the worst egotistical bosses I had, the type that pretends to know everything all the time but never listens to anyone but him/herself and only knows how to take credit and dish out blame. I wish someone more moderate and less ideological like Mitt Romney was running right now so that our nation can heal but I guess I will either vote for Biden or write in a name and consider my vote going nowhere this election.
I don't agree in a protest vote since whoever is the next president still has consequences. Unless I have plans to move from the US, I still care what happens to this country. That being said, I would also vote for Mitt Romney and honestly would vote for him over some Democrats. But of course Trump supporters now consider Romney a RINO.

Old 06-04-2020, 08:08 PM

2,102 posts, read 987,315 times
Remember: "If you're not a Liberal by age 25, you have no heart. If you're not a Conservative by the time you're 35, you have no brain."

Old 06-04-2020, 09:00 PM

11,054 posts, read 10,611,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post

He doesn’t just tell you how he feels. He tells you how you need to feel about him.

Biden doesn’t do that nor does he color his decisions based on what will make him the most money. Biden will make better decisions in the best interests of the USA.
You think Biden will be making decisions? You are completely overlooking his obvious loss of cognitive ability. I don’t say this to be mean or rude. I have seen family members suffer the mental effects of aging, and I have no doubt that assuming I live another thirtyish years I will as well. The simple fact of the matter is that Biden, while he was an extremely talented politician in his earlier career, is not nearly as mentally competent as he used to be. It shows every time he is front and center.

Old 06-04-2020, 09:02 PM

20,393 posts, read 12,284,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil P View Post
I was raised around republicans and my initial political stance was that way. However, I had become disillusioned with the party on it's fiscal conservation hypocrisy, warmongering and blind eye to DoD wastefulness, stance on drugs, and the stupid border wall.

The last few months have really changed my stance with the coronavirus response and the recent protests. With coronavirus, the democratic led states have refused to loosen their control despite the overwhelming evidence that the virus is not at all the threat predicted when the shutdown started and they've used the economic carnage to justify MASSIVE redistribution of funds, to groups that they want funds directed at.

With the recent protests, I'm flat out disgusted how the left has responded, justifying the anarchy and wreckage and completely ignoring any injustices aside from their soapbox of black oppression. Growing up in a pretty well diversified group of friends and acquaintances, their laundry list of "prejudice" just does not match my experience in life. Before I may have been sympathetic to a historical plight of injustice. Now, I realize articles like this are just tools to divide people, keep them in this pigeonhole mentality of being "the victim" or "the oppressor" and using minorities as pawns to accomplish their own agenda. The inclusiveness of the left is hypocrisy, they are more hostile towards anyone not like them or who does not think like them than the good ole boys of the GOP ever were.

I still think republicans are dumb and Trump is an idiot, but I'm absolutely terrified of what the "progressive" lefts agenda is. As of now, I'm planning to vote R on my ballot.
welcome to my world. pull up a chair. here is some ice tea.

Old 06-04-2020, 09:03 PM

20,393 posts, read 12,284,863 times
Quote:

Biden doesn't remember how he felt yesterday and his wife will tell him how to feel tomorrow.

Old 06-04-2020, 09:23 PM

17,266 posts, read 6,635,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhom View Post
I don't agree in a protest vote since whoever is the next president still has consequences. Unless I have plans to move from the US, I still care what happens to this country. That being said, I would also vote for Mitt Romney and honestly would vote for him over some Democrats. But of course Trump supporters now consider Romney a RINO.
You had your chance to vote for Romney in 2012 and I'll bet any amount of money you didn't, and voted for Obama. I'd like to thank you because Obama's re-election gave us President Trump. That's right, you elected Trump.

Old 06-04-2020, 10:37 PM

7,473 posts, read 3,978,826 times
Quote:

Biden would sell the US navy to China............

Old 06-05-2020, 12:15 AM

14,834 posts, read 7,350,398 times
Quote:
You think Biden will be making decisions? You are completely overlooking his obvious loss of cognitive ability. I don’t say this to be mean or rude. I have seen family members suffer the mental effects of aging, and I have no doubt that assuming I live another thirtyish years I will as well. The simple fact of the matter is that Biden, while he was an extremely talented politician in his earlier career, is not nearly as mentally competent as he used to be. It shows every time he is front and center.
I'm not looking over anything if you look at my posting history.

He remains more qualified than the current con man.

Old 06-05-2020, 07:55 AM

3,961 posts, read 5,704,017 times
Quote:
The Democrats can still orchestrate an internal coup and consider Biden unfit for office at which point they'll turn the presidency over to his VP. Or maybe Biden knows his cognitive memory is running out and will voluntarily step aside for his VP soon after getting reelected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies