Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2020, 07:28 AM

25,116 posts, read 16,215,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
Saints Safety Malcolm Jenkins: "I considered you a friend. I looked up to you. You're somebody I had a great deal of respect for. But sometimes, you should shut the f**k up."

https://www.tmz.com/2020/06/03/malco...rleans-saints/
the world of immediate reaction is poisoning us. For Jenkins to so quickly speak of everything in the past tense is a good sign of this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2020, 07:29 AM

12,432 posts, read 9,529,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Where did he say that? You're just making stuff up now (lying) as most liberals have to do.
Get a clue, Pilot1. I didn't say I am quoting Brees. I am making a very straightforward observation that if the white leader of a mixed race team makes devastating racial remarks during a time of intense racial turmoil, it's likely that he can no longer serve as its leader.

Old 06-04-2020, 07:29 AM

2,558 posts, read 2,904,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Colin's career was far from over. Look at his last season. 16-4 TD/Int ratio. He had a 90.7 QBR. Good for 17th best in the NFL. He was replaced by Blaine Gaebert who stunk it up ( as usual) with s 5/6 TD/Int ration and a 70 QBR. And Blaine NO TRICK Gaebert is still in the NFL despite never being any good. If you are any kind of NFL fan you know he had enough talent to hang on for many more years if not get back on top.
The problem is not his talent but the turmoil he would create in the locker room. Look at the fiasco he created at his fairly recent "workout".

Old 06-04-2020, 07:30 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,175,095 times
Quote:
Green Bay quarterback Aaron Rodgers, who doesn't mention Brees by name, but said this in response, and in stark contrast to Brees' criticism: “A few years ago we were criticized for locking arms in solidarity before the game. It has NEVER been about an anthem or a flag. Not then. Not now. Listen with an open heart, let’s educate ourselves, and then turn word and thought into action.”

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/202...hem-or-a-flag/
What a shame. Anything peaceful done is criticized. Anything violent done, understandably, is criticized. The message sent is simply that they don’t want to see or hear about the issue.

People are free to do what they want but, to me, all of the protesting is futile on these people overall. Speak with your money. Become a more insular community.

Old 06-04-2020, 07:32 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
What a shame. Anything peaceful done is criticized. Anything violent done, understandably, is criticized. The message sent is simply that we don’t want to see or hear about the issue.

People are free to do what they want but, to me, all of it is futile on these people.
Speak with your money. Become a more insular community.
How about if I use YOUR TIME and MONEY to protest Abortion, support 2A rights, end Affirmative Action, stop the silliness of Man Made Climate Change regulations and taxes, etc.? You'd be OK with that, right?

Old 06-04-2020, 07:32 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,523,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Okay. First of you want to talk climate what do you think Colin went through when the POTUS was calling him out and cheerleading for him to get tossed out of the NFL? He had 40 percent of the nation hating him and not just counting NFL fans.

Colin's career was far from over. Look at his last season. 16-4 TD/Int ratio. He had a 90.7 QBR. Good for 17th best in the NFL. He was replaced by Blaine Gaebert who stunk it up ( as usual) with s 5/6 TD/Int ration and a 70 QBR. And Blaine NO TRICK Gaebert is still in the NFL despite never being any good. If you are any kind of NFL fan you know he had enough talent to hang on for many more years if not get back on top.
Sure he could have filled in a spot on the depth chart. He knew thats what he was staring down. He came up with a better strategy. Kudos to him. At least he will be remembered now, and he is a lot richer than he otherwise would have been.

Old 06-04-2020, 07:35 AM

Quote:
devastating racial remarks.
He made zero racial remarks. That's the point.

Old 06-04-2020, 07:35 AM

12,432 posts, read 9,529,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
What a shame. Anything peaceful done is criticized. Anything violent done, understandably, is criticized. The message sent is simply that they don’t want to see or hear about the issue.

People are free to do what they want but, to me, all of the protesting is futile on these people overall. Speak with your money. Become a more insular community.
Aaron Rodgers isn't one of those denying racism and saying that black people should just quit whining about it. He cares, and he's willing to be part of a change. There are those who are invested in keeping things as they are, keeping minorities down, and those who see that as fundamentally wrong and worth changing. Aaron Rodgers is one of the latter, and so am I.

Old 06-04-2020, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Aaron Rodgers isn't one of those denying racism and saying that black people should just quit whining about it.
Is Brees?

Old 06-04-2020, 07:38 AM

2,400 posts, read 754,961 times
What is it with these people? They can’t take a little dissenting opinion?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies