Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2020, 03:49 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,502,232 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
"Majority" noted WHERE?

And is it really any more respectful of the anthem to be swilling beer, eating a hot dog, BSing with those around you, BSing on the phone than kneeling quietly is disrespectful while it's being played?

I doubt Goodell is doing anything other than putting his chips where he thinks the $$$ lies, the NFL's greed is unstoppable. I gave up on the NFL when teams started charging exorbitant 'license fees' that allow you the 'privilege' of buying season tickets.
I’ve been to many a football game (not since the political protests based on The Big Lie, though), and I remember being on line for a hot dog with masses of people and jabbering all around me when all of a sudden....complete silence and nobody moved. For a second I wondered what happened, but then I realized: the Anthem was playing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2020, 03:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
Really looking forward to the increase in on-the-field protests by the emboldened players this season and the resulting exploding heads.

I can imagine touch-down celebrations will include aspects of social commentary as well, that'll annoy some of you I bet.
Yeah, it annoys me to pay good money to see a football game and have to sit through a leftist, anti-America display, all based on The Big Lie.

Old 06-06-2020, 03:55 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,522,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I'd say comparing a pandemic disease with the authoritarian murder of citizens is apples to oranges but that'd be far off base, it's more like comparing an apple with a hippopotamus.

Well really it is an extreme anomaly and typically treated appropriately with regard to investigation and prosecution. As in the case of George Floyd.

Old 06-06-2020, 03:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Most Blacks are killed by other Blacks in the U.S. by a large margin. The Democrats and Media are purposely spreading the false narrative that America and the Police are Racist and violent towards Blacks. This entire episode will further embolden criminals because they now know the Police will hesitate to respond. This trend stated with Obama.
It’s already been shown that cops are more hesitant to use their weapon when they are threatened by a black man when compared to a white because they know the repercussions of killing a black person. Who knows how many of the cops killed by blacks was because the cop hesitated, even for a second?

Old 06-06-2020, 03:57 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,522,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
Really looking forward to the increase in on-the-field protests by the emboldened players this season and the resulting exploding heads.

I can imagine touch-down celebrations will include aspects of social commentary as well, that'll annoy some of you I bet.
Elements of the crowd will also participate and attempt to intimidate and shame those around them to do it too.

Old 06-06-2020, 03:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
Elements of the crowd will also participate and attempt to intimidate and shame those around them to do it too.
I didn’t think of that, but true. There will be a lot of pressure on those who DO stand for the flag. What an upside-down world the leftists have pushed us toward, where showing respect for one’s country is now a bad thing.

Old 06-06-2020, 10:03 AM

9,742 posts, read 4,494,478 times
Default Trump doubles down on no kneeling

Says Brees should not have apologized. Moderator cut: off topic/trolling

https://abcnews.go.com/Sports/trump-..._headlines_hed

Last edited by Ibginnie; 06-06-2020 at 04:55 PM..

Old 06-06-2020, 10:06 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,506,057 times
Trump needs to mind his own damn business much more often.

I’m proud of him however for refusing to kneel. Nobody should. It’s a subservient act of submission that robs one of all dignity whether they realize it or not.

Old 06-06-2020, 10:17 AM

25,116 posts, read 16,212,465 times
Isn't it wonderful that we live in a country where you're allowed to have a public difference of opinion, even with the leader of the country.

Trump says "We should be standing up straight and tall, ideally with a salute, or a hand on heart. There are other things you can protest, but not our Great American Flag - NO KNEELING!"

Old 06-06-2020, 10:25 AM

78,409 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
Trump needs to mind his own damn business much more often.

I’m proud of him however for refusing to kneel. Nobody should. It’s a subservient act of submission that robs one of all dignity whether they realize it or not.
Agree 100%.

What we are witnessing right now on the bigger scene is the judo flip that will once again stop BLM cold in it's tracks.

The people that have power and control over these police departments, especially the worst offenders in cities like LA, Chicago, NY etc. are shifting the narrative to anything they can to distract people on the topic. They've used Trump, mystery "white supremacists", the NRA, global warming and a host of other garbage when in reality they're the ones to blame.

My town has had body cams for years. No strong union to keep them out for a long time (chicago) or make them easy to turn off or to not turn on....or in places like New Orleans have missing or damaged footage wink wink wink.

Narrative is not focused on these cities mayors, aldermen and police departments. It's people like Anderson Cooper whining about Trump not saying Floyds full name.

This is exactly where political "teams" make it so hard for BLM to make progress. Can't rock the boat. Can't criticize the powerful people in the party. The out will come Sharpton and other leadership that are well paid with speaking roles or board positions etc. to grant absolutions even if the changes were window dressing.

BLM has several valid complaints, but the dog that bit them is from the house next door....who always seems to manage to convince BLM that the neighbor across the street has a dog that looks exactly like it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies