Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2020, 09:10 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Kaps protest was about police brutality against Black people. That’s it.. that’s all.

Anyone upset for other reasons just didn’t want to discuss the actual reason Kap was kneeling.
I understand, but it is a false narrative and the wrong venue in which to protest that even if it were true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2020, 09:12 AM

18,015 posts, read 27,463,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
Drew Brees says something completely reasonable.

Yep, he is a racist.

Now the true test of the man. Will he back down and kneel for the racist bullies?
https://wwos.nine.com.au/news/nfl-ne...0-26a059f93716
Drew Brees backed down. He's done.

As far as I'm concerned, football and other pro sports is done!

Good riddance.

Happy Voting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
Why is taking a knee not a sign of respect though?

Standing like you would in a grocery store line is a sign of respect but showing complete attention by taking a knee is not? We always took a knee after football practice to show our coach complete attention and respect while he was addressing the team.
During the National Anthem. I pray pro sports goes away. We don't need them. democrats destroyed that for us now, we don't miss it, let lebron james bag my groceries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
He has every right to protest, on his own time, on public property.

If I started protesting at my privately owned workplace, on work time, my employer would have every right to ask me to stop or terminate my employment.
Besides that!

It's not about Colin Kaepernick, it's not about cops, it's not about Black Lies Murder.

It's about Waa tWump! Not my pWesident! Waa! Get over it because we gonna roll ya again in November!

Happy Voting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I wonder how far the shakedown went.

Probably kidnapped Drew's family and wouldn't release them until he apologized.
I know, huh?

There should probably be a criminal investigation into the NFL, Vegas etc., by the F.B.I. sometime after Lindsey Graham gives them a tuneup after this coming Thursday.

Last edited by McGowdog; 06-07-2020 at 09:27 AM..

Old 06-07-2020, 09:19 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,250,426 times
Quote:
Kaps protest was about police brutality against Black people. That’s it.. that’s all.

Anyone upset for other reasons just didn’t want to discuss the actual reason Kap was kneeling.
He has every right to protest, on his own time, on public property.

If I started protesting at my privately owned workplace, on work time, my employer would have every right to ask me to stop or terminate my employment.

Old 06-07-2020, 09:24 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times

Old 06-07-2020, 09:29 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post

His AGENT. Who told him he would not get Media (networks, cable, sports channels) and Advertising gigs after his playing days are over. Thus the apology, written by his agent with every PC, Woke, SJW buzzword to try to quell the backlash.

Old 06-07-2020, 09:31 AM

10,456 posts, read 4,040,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Drew Brees backed down. He's done.

As far as I'm concerned, football and other pro sports is done!

Good riddance.

Happy Voting!

Isn't it funny, the careers where Black people shine the most are the ones getting hit the most through protesting, or the Covid 19, or the riots, or the democrat imposed taxes, regulations, fees, etc....

Like you said, football, basketball, Olympics all put on hold. Same with most Hollywood with the movies, concerts etc being put on hold.

Only thing that seems to be safe are the youtube stars. I guess when the questionair was put out a few years ago about what career most kids wanted to get into, their answer was being a youtube star. Guess those kids are a lot more smarter than we realized.

Old 06-07-2020, 09:37 AM

18,562 posts, read 7,372,997 times
Quote:
And that's why it was offensive. Police don't discriminate in regard to race when it comes to killing people.

Old 06-07-2020, 09:39 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
And that's why it was offensive. Police don't discriminate in regard to race when it comes to killing people.
Damn straight.

State agents across the board don't give two flips about your race. When your interests cross their interests it's game over.

Old 06-07-2020, 09:43 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,617,020 times
Yep. Brees is supposedly a very likely candidate to work prime time games like NBC Sunday Night Football or ESPN Monday Night Football when he retires.

Old 06-07-2020, 12:32 PM

2,660 posts, read 1,376,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryoVilla View Post
It just doesn't make sense at all. Is America in distress or really just the black people? The American flag represents all of America, does kneeling mean all of Americans that are not black are racist against black? By kneeling, that is a show of disrespect to all the men and women who died for this country and for the FLAG, not to highlight police brutality, you see the disconnect?

Funny thing is, here is the definition of kneeling: Verb. kneel before. (transitive) to kneel in front of someone or something, especially in order to worship or supplicate. LOL dumb Kaepernick thought he could make a symbol out of it.

How about if they kneel in front of police stations, that would be more appropriate and direct.
Not sure how kneeling would indicate a belief that all whites are racist against all blacks. It is an assertion that racism exists, is often tolerated even today, and the kneeler is protesting that fact.

They have often stated clearly that they ate not disrespecting soldiers or the flag or the country in general, so I am not sure how people get confused on that.
Were the abolitionists disrespecting the flag by flying it upside down? Many abolitionists shortly thereafter fought and died to preserve the union? Would you feel differently of instead of kneeling the protesters displayed upside down US flags like the abolitionists did?

The overwhelming majority of protesters are trying to change and improve the USA by working within the system, not rebel against it. The right to protest is enshrined in the Constitution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies