Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2020, 11:23 AM

12,202 posts, read 7,221,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
I see you haven’t read any as I suggested. Obviously determined to live in your ignorance of the issues.
About ignorance of issues, you might want to rethink that about yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2020, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
Garcetti is scary stupid. It’s like he and Newsom are actively trying to destroy Ca and LA is their main goal. Do any other council members have any say in that state? I thought unions were strong there? Are they just going to take this pandering bs to stop the protestors from congregating at his mansion?
The Progressives Democrats like Garcetti (and here locally where I am at, like deBlasio) are only thinking in terms of ideology. All their actions are governed by sticking to their Leftist Progressive ideology, even if it is moronic or self destructive, they will stick by that ideology.

Old 06-04-2020, 11:26 AM

4,627 posts, read 3,393,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
If what I wrote made no sense in relation to you, it was because your rambling made no sense to begin with and it would be impossible to make sense out of something that didn’t made sense to begin with.

What is clueless is your claim that racism is what keeps blacks out of hockey. It isn’t. Also clueless is that somehow racism is what keeps blacks poor. No, what keeps blacks poor are their own failings.

I keep reading about how Africans (not African Americans) have high higher education attainment and entrepreneurial rates in this country, even higher than white. That alone disproves the claim that somehow racism is what is keeping blacks down.
It doesn't disprove anything.

Because U.S. immigration criteria favor groups that are talented, highly educated, and affluent, Black immigrants enter the U.S. with high levels of human, social, and economic capital.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3816006/

Old 06-04-2020, 11:30 AM

325 posts, read 163,640 times
i hope they remember who garcetti is if he has to call 911!!! the same loons will vote these two morons back in office and complain about how there screwing up ca

Old 06-04-2020, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
It doesn't disprove anything.

Because U.S. immigration criteria favor groups that are talented, highly educated, and affluent, Black immigrants enter the U.S. with high levels of human, social, and economic capital.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3816006/
But if racism is so widespread and strong as to keep blacks poor as the Left suggests, what good would all that “human, social and economic capital” help those Africans?

Old 06-04-2020, 11:35 AM

2,353 posts, read 5,374,930 times
This is insane. No one but criminals want less police protection

Old 06-04-2020, 12:03 PM

great call garcetti!!! you get two thumbs up for being an idiot!!! sounds real good till the police can't be there when you call garcetti real smart garcetti!!! time to vote you out along with newscum!!!

Old 06-04-2020, 12:07 PM

2,507 posts, read 1,296,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by (901) View Post
Criminals loot stores on Melrose.
Policemen just sit on their bikes and do nothing.

Old 06-04-2020, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by (901) View Post
and how is this even legal putting residents at risk.

Old 06-04-2020, 12:20 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,859,557 times
"...reinvest in communities of color" is very vague. He said he'd explain in detail in a later press conference, which means it's premature to discuss the issue now, since we have no idea what he has in mind.

HOWEVER, this reminds me of back in the 90's, I think it was, when former Congressman and UN Ambassador Andrew Young was working with gangs in LA, and he did a study. He found out, that as private prisons burgeoned around low-income and industrial parts of LA, high school job skills classes, like "shop" class, trades-oriented courses in predominantly minority areas, got eliminated. I can't imagine how those two disparate things would be connected budget-wise, but he said it was a clear trend. IOW, fostering employability among youth from marginalized populations was sacrificed, while more prisons were being built, and the "prison-industrial complex" flourished.

If LA's leadership wants to do something practical that would provide positive results, restoring funding for career-oriented school programs, and beefing up similar CC programs, would be one way to go. Let's see what proposals the mayor comes up with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies