Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you kneel and ask for forgiveness for racism?
Yes 18 5.64%
No 301 94.36%
Voters: 319. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2020, 06:54 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,513,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
It takes strength and courage to apologize to blacks for something you never did to them decades ago and even if you weren't even alive back then? WTH do you mean? I have no problem standing with blacks against racism and no matter who the racists are but apologizing for a past for something I never even played a role in? Isn't that saying you are guilty just by race and guilty for something you didn't even do? Please explain.

Damn straight, it is!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2020, 07:03 PM

12,688 posts, read 6,688,791 times
Hell no!! I've never done anything to "oppress" black people. I will quite stubbornly treat them the same as anyone else till the day I die. I have nothing to apologize for.

The truth of the matter: If every white person on the planet was voluntarily brutally tortured to death and whites went completely extinct, it still wouldn't be enough. Nothing will ever be enough. White people kneeling before black people begging for forgiveness is just a disgusting display.

It's also becoming a mandatory ritual within Blue Church cult. The Left, especially the Far Left, has become a religion complete with ritualistic chants, original sin (white privilege), purity testing, virtual burning of heretics, etc. But is anyone bothering to ask the obvious question, "Is this making the world a better place?" Brainwashing white people into hating themselves doesn't seem like a net positive for the world to me. Call me crazy.

Old 06-04-2020, 07:05 PM

2,947 posts, read 1,342,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoma View Post
Will you kneel and ask for forgiveness for racism?

White people kneel and ask for forgiveness from black community at George Floyd prayer gathering

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...ayer-gathering
Will black people kneel and ask forgiveness for calling and labeling me racist when I'm not?

Old 06-04-2020, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by self-made View Post
Will black people kneel and ask forgiveness for calling and labeling me racist when I'm not?

Will the black man who raped me kneel and beg forgiveness? Will the black woman who robbed me at knifepoint kneel? I don't even think so.

Old 06-04-2020, 07:26 PM

6,685 posts, read 3,304,344 times
Well Obama went on his apology tour and look how that turned out. I didn't do a thing to the black community and have nothing to apologize for, same with most Americans.

Will you see the black community apologizing for looting and burning our cities? Killing and assaulting police officers? Destroying their own neighborhoods and businesses? No, you won't.

They owe this country an apology for acting like savages, not the other way around. I agree that they have some legitimate beefs, but their actions in the last week or so are not the way to address them.

Old 06-04-2020, 07:30 PM

5,818 posts, read 2,640,895 times
Personally I feel like the narrative now (I mean how long are these protests going to go on? Forever??) is to label white people with some scarlet letter, and I, for one, resent the hell out of it.

I'm not apologizing because I'm white.

When people harp on about white privilege excessively I think that's racist.

I hope these cops rot in jail, 10000000% that was murder but I'm really getting sick of the current situation.

This guy of COURSE did not deserve to die but gentle giant he wasn't. He was an ex-con who was convicted of robbing a woman at gunpoint, just one of his 3 stents incarcerated.

Old 06-04-2020, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
Personally I feel like the narrative now (I mean how long are these protests going to go on? Forever??) is to label white people with some scarlet letter, and I, for one, resent the hell out of it.

I'm not apologizing because I'm white.

When people harp on about white privilege excessively I think that's racist.

I hope these cops rot in jail, 10000000% but I'm really getting sick of the current situation.

Old 06-04-2020, 07:32 PM

2,540 posts, read 1,022,642 times
If a random white person wants to apologize to me for what they have done to American Blacks (I get perceived as Black by some), I'd tell them that my ancestory wasn't African and my parents immigrated to the U.S. in the 1970s so their ancestors did NOTHING to mine. Then I'd turn around and apologize to them for people of my color that have murdered innocent whites for no reason .

Old 06-04-2020, 07:34 PM

19,394 posts, read 6,445,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
Will the black man who raped me kneel and beg forgiveness? Will the black woman who robbed me at knifepoint kneel? I don't even think so.
You were raped? I am SO sorry.

Old 06-04-2020, 07:37 PM

764 posts, read 387,439 times
Forgiveness for what! What stupidity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies