Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2020, 12:25 PM

2,070 posts, read 892,897 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserNam3 View Post
If he was fighting with them BEFORE he was in handcuffs, how are they supposed to know he wasn't going to continue to fight with them once he was in handcuffs? I've seen people in handcuffs kick out police car windows. The knee against the neck was wrong. Was it racially motivated though? There's nothing to indicate that it was.

And why aren't the protesters practicing social distancing?

Try this;

Derek Chauvin, who is now facing second-degree manslaughter and third-degree murder charges in Floyd’s death, allegedly pressed his knee into Floyd’s neck for nearly nine minutes, including keeping his knee there for two minutes and 53 seconds after Floyd became unresponsive, according to a criminal complaint obtained by CBS News.

Another officer suggested rolling Floyd to his side, but Chauvin allegedly told the officer “No, staying put where we got him,” the complaint said.

One of the officers at the scene also checked Floyd’s wrist for a pulse and allegedly told Chauvin he could not find one, but the former police officer continued to keep his knee pressed into Floyd’s neck, CNN reports.

Because its difficult to fight when you have no pulse.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2020, 12:26 PM

12,963 posts, read 13,679,366 times
Nope, Most people who get arrested are frequent flyers. Police know this. Too many police are green and don't know how nonchalant some of these characters are about putting on the cuffs. If they knew how to stay calm them selves lives could be saved.

Old 06-04-2020, 12:27 PM

13,601 posts, read 4,934,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Ahh.. err... something like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjSUxqIvQZg

( Are you from Minnesota?
Are you familiar with the rest of your country at all? )
Mmmm. Trying to figure out the purpose of this video. It does not look like a particularly bad neighborhood. The only reason to think its a bad neighborhood is the title of the video "worst hoods in DC".

Is that your point?

Most of the people on the street in that video are black. Is that what makes it a bad neighborhood? Confused.

Old 06-04-2020, 12:30 PM

9,913 posts, read 9,593,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
It's not the initial crime that is the problem, it's the subsequent behavior.
Once he is resisting arrest, he is engaged in a FELONY. He is engaged in assault and battery of the police officer(s). Their response can escalate accordingly, which is an affirmative defense against any charge of murder, manslaughter or homicide. . . .
The moral : when arrested DO NOT RESIST.
Do not argue. Do not flail arms. Do not attempt to escape.
Fight in court, not in the street.

UNFORTUNATELY, inflamed mobs have embraced a felon as a hero, and have gone on rampage, telling the world that EVIL is their king and sovereign. Sad.

this is what gets me, unless we did not see everything.. We saw George walking with the policeman, cooperating.. I did not see him screaming or flailing on the 2 videos.

I did see him screaming out of pain and/or anguish when he said he coudn't breathe.

So what am I missing? this is why I was surprised that the cops did not like put him in the car, but they used that chokehold technique.

Old 06-04-2020, 12:31 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,568,403 times
No.

Old 06-04-2020, 12:34 PM

9,913 posts, read 9,593,779 times
so the autopsy discovered he had Covid 19.

since he had a lot of other things wrong with him, it doesn't look like he'd survive too long on this earth.

Old 06-04-2020, 12:34 PM

1,715 posts, read 2,838,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Because the MEDIA and Democrats create Public Outrage over ISOLATED INCIDENTS and don't care about the real problem of Black on Black violent crime and murder.

FYI, for those not keeping track, this "concern" about black and black crime is coming from a poster defending confederate statues and his "heritage" in another thread.

Old 06-04-2020, 12:37 PM

3,811 posts, read 4,694,212 times
He's dead & his death was not a result of a crime so I do not think it's fair to him to focus on that. The whole fake $20 bill could have very well been something he was not aware of.

I will say this though. He didn't deserve to die like that but I feel like some people are making him out to be some great person that lived a great life. Parents telling their kids he is a symbol but his history speaks otherwise.

The one person that sticks out fitting that profile is that young adult that was killed in Dallas by the off duty police officer. He seemed like an overall good person & that's what really made it frustrating to hear about.

White people in general I think will tell you over & over again that even though some unarmed white people are killed by cops we really don't care if we see their history of crime & it's loaded with bad things. Why? Because we feel society is better off without them. That seems to be the difference between blacks & whites (maybe even hispanics). If somebody in our community is a piece of trash. We are not going to turn them into some great person just because they were killed by cops.

Old 06-04-2020, 12:38 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,385,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
I am trying to figure out why I should feel THAT badly about a criminal who very probably committed many more crimes for which he was never caught. A leopard does not change its spots.

George Floyd was the kind of person that law-abiding citizens want off the streets. He was the kind of person that cause people to have to move to a different neighborhood to feel safe and stay away from that element in society.
So how many arrests/convictions does someone need to accumulate before it's OK to simply kill them in the street, then?

Asking for a friend.

Old 06-04-2020, 12:38 PM

48,532 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
so the autopsy discovered he had Covid 19.

since he had a lot of other things wrong with him, it doesn't look like he'd survive too long on this earth.

So death by cop doesn't count?

Nice try.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies