Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2020, 08:15 AM

30,350 posts, read 19,122,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by self-made View Post
Yes, it matters. He was a lifetime criminal and a waste of a human being. His death is NO loss to society.

He was not "killed" by officers. He "killed" himself. The loser was subdued by officers, consistent with their authority to detain a suspect, and feigned "I can't breathe" (mimicking others for whom it has worked) while talking just fine. The officer was using a police-approved control technique that, wait for it, is used on noncompliant subjects of ALL colors and socioeconomic status.

Lefty media doesn't report the truth or facts pertinent to a given story/issue. They deceptively tailor their "news" to meet the lefty agenda. Hence, fake news.
Yep, there is no a shred of truth or basic honesty in any of the mainstream media reporting....it's all propaganda to perpetuate their quest for power and control.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2020, 08:15 AM

8,313 posts, read 3,920,745 times
All this armchair blathering here simply shows that many posters here do not have clue one about how our system of justice works, or more importantly, about the roles, responsibilities and expectations for police officers within that justice system.

Their responsibility is ALWAYS to bring a suspect into court, intact and alive. Only in situations where there is an urgent threat to life do they ever consider the use of deadly force. And when they have to use it, there will be an investigation, as there should be.

In this case, the prosecutor brought a second degree charge for the murderer and 3 aiding and abetting. He would not have brought the charges if there was not a clear path to conviction. It isn't complicated or even debatable in this case.

Old 06-04-2020, 08:17 AM

11,221 posts, read 8,291,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
IF THE GUY IS RESISTING ARREST - IT IS OKAY.
He's committing assault and battery (a felony) on the officer. What else is he supposed to do?
Wheedle, "pretty please with sugar on top?"
Newsflash: If he is unconcious, he's PROBABLY no longer resisting arrest.

And from what I saw, they got him out of his car, and at the time they cuffed him, he was not resisting. If he was before that time, then I can understand an "aggressive cuffing", but once he is not resisting, they can probably stop trying to choke him to death.

The ONLY problem I might have with 2nd degree charges is they are harder to convict. If this murderer gets off for his crimes, the country will errupt. I'm not saying it should, or that it shouldn't, just that it will.

Old 06-04-2020, 08:19 AM

7,275 posts, read 5,279,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Because it's not relevant. It's not okay to knee someone in the throat to death just because they have a record.
No matter how I feel, I cannot disagree with this. It's really that simple.

18,425 posts, read 8,256,472 times
they all had a good point.....at one time

...but the riots have soured everyone...done more harm than good.....and "woke" everyone to the fact we're dealing with animals

2,828 posts, read 823,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMike77 View Post
Because the Liberal media has an agenda to promote and they don't let the facts get in their way. It's much more inflammatory to report that the "sweet, kind Gentle Giant" was murdered and that's what they're going for.

That being said, it does not in any way excuse the behavior of the officer.
The guy has a criminal history and was a dirt bag, as far as I'm concerned there is one less scumbag on this earth.

Old 06-04-2020, 08:20 AM

48,515 posts, read 34,800,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
I understand and agree with that principle for the most part, but what possible evidence could come forward that would justify the action of continuing to choke someone for several minutes after they lose consciousness?

If I could even think of a scenario that would excuse that action, I would withhold judgement.

There have been many times in my 53 years when I have seen something and thought "there is nothing that could justify this" or similar sentiments, just to have something show up that I never considered, and changed my mind.

Do I think it will happen in this case? Not really. But I would never convict someone before they have had their day in court, and I do not think the media, politicians and citizens should proclaim murder before a trial.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-04-2020, 08:21 AM

5,462 posts, read 3,032,557 times
The chauvin-ists dont even care to hide their venom and up-rightness. If they think George Floyd is a s bag, he is definitely not alone.

8,956 posts, read 2,553,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgh guy View Post
The guy has a criminal history and was a dirt bag, as far as I'm concerned there is one less scumbag on this earth.
And once the cop gets what is coming to him in prison, there will be two fewer scumbags on this earth.

The fact that Floyd was a fairly awful person does not make it okay for someone to murder him.

4,415 posts, read 2,936,234 times
We'll if its not relevant then why do they always go back and report on the white persons background but not the blacks?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies