Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2020, 10:24 AM

10,093 posts, read 6,433,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
How many of the cases in the last decade or so that have been leading up to this have involved resisting arrest or otherwise fighting with the police?

Just like a Liberal getting bent out of shape and taking something Trump says out of context....

Y'all have to get pi**ed off about what WASN'T ACTUALLY SAID in order to justify your outrage.
I'm STILL not a Liberal. You (the general "you") simply have to stop assuming things that aren't true. I've been an Independent all my many voting years. Shame that doesn't support your "liberal getting bent" narrative". Not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2020, 10:27 AM

13,957 posts, read 5,625,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
He froze. And then he was told to hand over his license.

When a cop tells you to hand over your license and you go to get it and are shot - you're complying.
Okie doke. We agree that Castile was murdered, most unjustifiably. And I have said numerous times that I do not think my "freeze solid" is a guarantee, but is my default, scared to death response. And we agree that Yanez and all too many other trigger happy cops are fruit loop psychos who get away with murder.

Not sure what you keep pinging me for, except our disagreement that Castile did or not freeze solid. I can see his head moving in the video, and both Yanez and his partner claim the arm/hands were moving. You cannot see anything but his head from the dashcam video, but his head is moving.

In no way does that justify Yanez going fruitloop on Castile, but I guarantee if I am that guy on the dashcam, video shows me frozen solid, no movement of any kind.

Our little back and forth here is proving nothing more than even when you do comply, calmly and politely, which you and I both think Castile did, the merest hint of movement gives the agent of tyranny just cause to kill you, and the government masters excuse their behavior. I say he did move slightly, you say he did not. OK, minor quibble, but we both agree he was pretty goshdarn compliant and calm, and Yanez was a fruitloop psycho.

My uncomfortable point from all that is, in agreement with you, that even when you are totally compliant, that might be the day the agents of tyranny decide your number is up, and well...f**k right off if you don't like the arrangement. That's my view of the ENTIRE government, cops included. That's how much power the mob has imbued them with, and that is how everyone should see them...as that mortal enemy, fruitloop psycho Yanez. One slight tick of a movement away from killing you dead just because...and every other agent of tyranny making sure they get away with it.

Old 06-04-2020, 10:27 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
How many people, black and white....get pulled over every day and DON'T get killed VS how many do the way Mr. Castile was?

Y'all seem to want to keep taking isolated incidents and portray them as the norm, when they're not.
Well, if you fully obey and comply, of course you are going to survive being pulled over by police, but therein lies the problem, we are not 'subjects', we are citizens!

A good example is when black people get pulled over for driving 'too nice' of a car, or they are in the 'wrong' part of town...in those cases, people should NOT obey or comply!

Old 06-04-2020, 10:28 AM

6,820 posts, read 14,034,515 times
Cops are given a huge amount of power and many can't phantom that some of them abuse that power. In my 57 years on this earth I have seen cops first harrasse innocent people and then arrest them for not doing a tap dance for them. Question a cop legal authority and your likely to get arrested. Question motives and your likely to get arrested. Film his actions and your likely to get arrested. I have never ever had to call the cops but I have had many interactions with them. The most serious crime I have ever committed was writing a hot check for a $8 pizza when I was 18 years old. Cops are no different than the general public. Most simply go about doing the job they were hired to do. Some go beyond the expectations of their job and are exceptional. A small percentage are unfit humans with a badge. I refuse to lump them all in the category but will say the good and exceptional should call at the bad. When you protect the bad don't get upset when your lump in with them. You know when your house is dirty so it is up to you to clean up the mess.

Old 06-04-2020, 10:35 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Okie doke. We agree that Castile was murdered, most unjustifiably. And I have said numerous times that I do not think my "freeze solid" is a guarantee, but is my default, scared to death response. And we agree that Yanez and all too many other trigger happy cops are fruit loop psychos who get away with murder.

Not sure what you keep pinging me for, except our disagreement that Castile did or not freeze solid. I can see his head moving in the video, and both Yanez and his partner claim the arm/hands were moving. You cannot see anything but his head from the dashcam video, but his head is moving.

In no way does that justify Yanez going fruitloop on Castile, but I guarantee if I am that guy on the dashcam, video shows me frozen solid, no movement of any kind.

Our little back and forth here is proving nothing more than even when you do comply, calmly and politely, which you and I both think Castile did, the merest hint of movement gives the agent of tyranny just cause to kill you, and the government masters excuse their behavior. I say he did move slightly, you say he did not. OK, minor quibble, but we both agree he was pretty goshdarn compliant and calm, and Yanez was a fruitloop psycho.

My uncomfortable point from all that is, in agreement with you, that even when you are totally compliant, that might be the day the agents of tyranny decide your number is up, and well...f**k right off if you don't like the arrangement. That's my view of the ENTIRE government, cops included. That's how much power the mob has imbued them with, and that is how everyone should see them...as that mortal enemy, fruitloop psycho Yanez. One slight tick of a movement away from killing you dead just because...and every other agent of tyranny making sure they get away with it.
No, I think we are in agreement actually. He froze UNTIL he was asked to get his license. Then he moved slightly and was shot.

Here's where we differ. You wrote a whole post about how you 'yes, sir' and 'no, sir' and do everything they say and don't make quick movements, etc., and if you're white - none of that matters. And if you're black and you do exactly as you described - you may find yourself in a situation where none of that matters.

Major reform needs to take place. There is a systemic problem of overreach and code of blue silence that exists that impacts all of us, but is worse for black males.

When you write a post about what you do and state you have no issue, it sounds like you're one of the 'comply or die' folks here. And I'm trying to unravel that.

Old 06-04-2020, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
No, I think we are in agreement actually. He froze UNTIL he was asked to get his license. Then he moved slightly and was shot.

Here's where we differ. You wrote a whole post about how you 'yes, sir' and 'no, sir' and do everything they say and don't make quick movements, etc., and if you're white - none of that matters. And if you're black and you do exactly as you described - you may find yourself in a situation where none of that matters.

Major reform needs to take place. There is a systemic problem of overreach and code of blue silence that exists that impacts all of us, but is worse for black males.

When you write a post about what you do and state you have no issue, it sounds like you're one of the 'comply or die' folks here. And I'm trying to unravel that.
I don't think white or black has crap all to do with it actually, because cops kill white people aplenty as well, and do so at a higher percentage of actual interactions with police.

I think the agents and masters of tyranny kill individuals now and again to simply remind us who holds the monopoly on force and violence, and I don't think they give a good rat's arse about race. I think they drop a few bodies now and again just to keep everyone in line. Ask Tony Timpa...oh wait.

There's nothing to unravel. The mob has imbued government with ultimate power, literally over life and death, and allows/asks them to exercise that power at a whim. The cops are nothing more than the ground level exercise of that power. Blacks and whites both get slain by that power every month, every year, endlessly. I simply accept that fact and see any and every government agent, be they cop or bureaucrat, as a mortal enemy that wants to kill me. That they have not killed me yet and did kill Castile and Floyd doesn't change how I feel about them, nor do I feel privileged that they haven't gotten around to killing me yet. They are still the enemy, they just haven't figured out how to end my life and get away with it.

Old 06-04-2020, 10:42 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,720,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PotatoMan View Post
Here is an instructional video on an expert on this subject.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEvM...&feature=share
Outstanding! A laugh I needed and excellent advice!! Thank you.

Old 06-04-2020, 10:44 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
But there is a lengthy video that shows Floyd was not fighting off the police.

And I believe if the body cam footage showed clearly he became combative, resisted, difficult, aggressive we would have seen that footage immediately.

So we can debate that.....

But often we hear how barbaric other cultures are for their drastic measurses of punishment.....are we at the point where Americans think it is okay to kill a man who was using a fake 20 dollar bill.

Old 06-04-2020, 10:52 AM

1,503 posts, read 607,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
...Every single one of them is an unhinged, well armed, mortally dangerous sociopath until they prove otherwise...
Well said. One note though - they are always an enemy, and it can never be "proven otherwise".

Old 06-04-2020, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
But there is a lengthy video that shows Floyd was not fighting off the police.

And I believe if the body cam footage showed clearly he became combative, resisted, difficult, aggressive we would have seen that footage immediately.

So we can debate that.....

But often we hear how barbaric other cultures are for their drastic measurses of punishment.....are we at the point where Americans think it is okay to kill a man who was using a fake 20 dollar bill.
Eric Garner - killed for selling loose cigarettes.

Tony Timpa - killed for not taking his meds.

Martha Stewart - caged for 90 days for lying about a crime that never happened.

Tony and Somnuek Thangsongcharoen - lives destroyed in four hours by the IRS for not keeping up with their annual tribute payments and not producing demanded tribute on the spot.

Every now and then, the government simply stomps somebody out just to let the rest of us know who runs s**t up in this b_1_tch. Massah gotta beat a slave every now and then just on general principle so all the slaves know who still holds the whip.

Floyd got dirtnapped because people need to know why you don't pass fake money. Yeah yeah, brutal cop goes to jail, blah blah. But societal lesson learned as well, eh? Don't want to get "Floyd'ed", then don't pass funny money in defiance of the currency sovereign. GOT IT?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies