Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2020, 05:43 PM

374 posts, read 146,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
It was bound to happen.

I thought this was about police brutality myself but obviously it was always going to be about race.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/robert-e-...161839841.html
Removing a statue honoring a person who fought for a system of slavery should ONLY be about race.

And you know it.

Old 06-07-2020, 05:49 PM

553 posts, read 616,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheseGoTo11 View Post
Remarkable that Lee Highway still exists in Arlington, a couple of miles from what is now Black Lives Matter Plaza in DC.
The former Washington-Lee High School in Arlington was renamed Washington-Liberty last year, bringing the count of Virginia public high schools named after General Lee down to three.

I'm sure that if the Governor had instead announced that the statue would be moved 10 miles out of town to Lee-Davis High School (home of the Confederates!), it would have been met with approval by a majority of residents in both Richmond and Mechanicsville.

Old 06-07-2020, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garethe View Post
It's been happening for years, this is their history, and they are erasing it piece by piece. I wonder if State of Georgia employees still get Robert E. Lee's birthday off every year? I'll bet nobody's fighting to have that changed.
They could and should move it to the date its removed to commemorate America's acknowledgment that we stand united by refusing to honor and glorify a person on the wrong side of history.

Last edited by PerditaPanthera; 06-07-2020 at 06:10 PM..

Old 06-07-2020, 06:11 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,750,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Well, it came down last night, off its pedestal, the mob pulled it down, I imagine the thing has been picked up and sent off for storage somewhere. Someone is going to have to blast all the spray paint off of him. (I'm not speaking of the statue of Lee mounted, just Lee standing) I believe that was the one in front of the courthouse.
actually, the art that the crybaby nazis destroyed was not of lee. it was of another soldier. however, this piece of stone really hit the terrorists in the grief bone judging by the way they cried.

Old 06-07-2020, 06:12 PM

[quote=Torn2pieces;58294785]Will Robert E Lee be deleted from all History Books, etc as well?[/QUOTe

How about REVISED.

Old 06-07-2020, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
And yet you worship traitors who in the 1770s rebelled against the crown.

When are you going to tear down the statues of Washington and his rebels?
Not even relevant. You are completely off issue. Washington and his rebels were not traitors to the soon to be UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

Besides, revolution was for the cause of unjust treatment--taxation without representation.

What was the noble cause of the confederacy?

Old 06-07-2020, 06:18 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,750,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Yes, you are right, and I stand corrected. Someone named Gen. Williams Carter Wickham (?)

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...ma-new-orleans
let's not forget just how classic these idiots are. they defaced a civil war monument dedicated to the first all black volunteer regiment. these cry babies are comical.

https://www.wcvb.com/article/shaw-54...faced/32733306

Old 06-07-2020, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PotatoMan View Post
Robert E Lee was a beloved General among both the Confederate and Union Armies. He was saluted by all soldiers. This is a sad damn day in America.
Its a sad day in America when I have to acknowledge you as a fellow American.

Lots of co-conspirators loved Hilter, too. But its illegal in Germany to even say the word Nazi or salute such because Germany has recognized their wrong JUST AS LEE WAS WRONG ABOUT HIS CAUSE.

Old 06-07-2020, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Respected State's Rights, Honor, Liberty and Freedom. They were Americans and American soldiers. To remove all evidence of them is a true disgrace. This governor is just another Communist America eradicator. You should be ashamed. Pathetic.
We're not ashamed, but YOU should be for pretending Lee fought for noble causes. Yes, he fought for states rights--TO ASSERT THE SOUTH'S AUTHORITY OVER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT SO THEY COULD ABOLISH LAWS THEY DIDN'T LIKE, SUCH AS LAWS INTERFERING WITH THE SOUTH'S RIGHT TO KEEP SLAVES AND EXPAND INTO NEW TERRITORIES WITH SLAVES.

So in the end, Lee's fight for freedom was honor, liberty and freedom of what? for Who? farming? A way of life? Does that take precedence over freedom of PEOPLE ?

Quit tossing noble terminology around with no context. The south lost their influence with the election of Lincoln and pouted, choosing succession. THEY WERE WRONG.

That foolish WRONG decision led to war, caused outrageous loss of life, and postwar implementation of cruel laws and activities meant to diminish Black emancipation EVEN AFTER THEY LOST.

THAT is traitorous behavior.

Tearing Lee DOWN, as an act of recognition that we do not glorify what he fought for, is what reaffirms principles of honor, liberty and freedom.

Old 06-07-2020, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
see the problem is that you are throwing around the term of race...there is only one race... the human race

why cant liberals get that fact
I'm not liberal, but you are playing games so I'm going to assume you are about 8: The human race is created equally, but isn't always treated equally. Now you can graduate to 3rd grade.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies