Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2020, 08:55 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,756,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I wish she would run for office, too, but maybe being a commentator gives her more leadership reach.

I have long thought what she said - it's hypocritical to continue to call criminals "gentle giants" and upstanding members of the community. It seems that the MOST rioting that goes on with a needless black male death happens when a career criminal is killed rather than a truly innocent, positive member of the community.

Compare the reaction of the community to Botham Jean's death, vs. Michael Brown and George Floyd.

Botham Jean was a treasure, and a loss. There was some community push back, but NOTHING like this, and NOTHING like the burning and looting in Ferguson that followed Michael Brown's justifiable shooting.

I don't know why that is, but it sure is refreshing to hear a black voice say it, and demand that her community not make heroes of violent criminals - where no other community does that. They make heroes of heroes, not violent thugs.

Anyway, interesting.
I'm glad that you are proving the protesters point. Life is important. Equal rights and justice for all. A man was murdered in broad daylight with a knee on his neck and you want to debate his value as a human. If you feel he didn't deserve to live or have a fair day in court then just say so. My God. Have you no humanity.

Old 06-04-2020, 08:58 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,568,403 times
Quote:
I do get that. That most people don't seem to react all that much to things where there isn't a video. Where there's just a narrative backed up by forensics.

I, personally, can visualize Jean's horrible last moments after his apartment was broken into, and he was shot to death, without having a video of it.

And I guess that's why Emmitt Till's mother wanted his coffin open to the public. Because she knew that many people don't comprehend horror unless there is a photograph of it - they don't just imagine it from the facts of the case, and they won't react or get involved.

*shrug*
It's not just that we could see the video. He knew he was being filmed. Looked straight into the camera.

Old 06-04-2020, 09:03 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,579,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PW DAWG View Post
Was Chauvin aware of Floyd's background history as he chocked him to death?
They worked as security at a nightclub where counterfeiting went on. Probably where Floyd got the fake money. It will be interesting to hear what comes out at the trial. Hints at terrorism and friends in high places.

Old 06-04-2020, 09:06 PM

5,281 posts, read 6,589,681 times
She's a charlatan. A parrot for the status quo. Has no seminal or original thought, and is the furthest thing for a conservative intellectual.

There needs to be real black conservative intellectuals. Not morons like Candance. She's part of the problem. In that she only say things that conservatives want to hear. So she's only good for people who want echo chambers. But she has nothing compelling to say that would make anyone who is a minority adopt conservatism

I'm tired of people parading hacks like Candance who is only in it for attention and publicity.

Old 06-04-2020, 09:08 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,175,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kajo13 View Post
And to add, there weren't protests or riots over Ahmaud Arbery's murder, despite video, because the murderers were random people, not active law enforcement.
Excellent point.

Old 06-04-2020, 09:13 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,633 posts, read 17,968,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Candace Owens cashing in for Team Red just like Al Sharpton cashing in for Team Blue.

Gotta love the race card game.

$$$$$$$$$$

Could you elaborate? I'm sincerely interested.

Why are you bashing BOTH of them? One , a liberal, and one a conservative. What do you want them to say? What voice would make you happy?

Old 06-04-2020, 09:13 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,586,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
Spot on. Sick of listening to these folks cry about needing leadership for their kids and communities when these are the people they hold up as examples.

George Floyd was a lifelong career criminal who once stuck his gun in a pregnant woman's stomach during a home invasion robbery.

And his criminal record only included the things he was caught for.

https://youtu.be/JtPfoEvNJ74

Nobody is saying that George Floyd is a hero , or mentor or anything of that sort , what we are saying is that he is a innocent victim of murder because of his race.

Old 06-04-2020, 09:15 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,633 posts, read 17,968,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kajo13 View Post
And to add, there weren't protests or riots over Ahmaud Arbery's murder, despite video, because the murderers were random people, not active law enforcement.
Yes there were!

https://time.com/5837960/ahmaud-arbery-georgia-rally/

Additionally, there were T-shirts printed, that I saw all over facebook, people wearing them, "I Run With Ahmaud".

Google "I run with Ahmaud" and you'll see the reaction to his death.

Old 06-04-2020, 09:23 PM

5,281 posts, read 6,589,681 times
Quote:
Could you elaborate? I'm sincerely interested.

Why are you bashing BOTH of them? One , a liberal, and one a conservative. What do you want them to say? What voice would make you happy?
What would make me happen if both of them just didn't talk. Because neither have anything important to say.

Old 06-04-2020, 09:24 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,175,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
She's a charlatan. A parrot for the status quo. Has no seminal or original thought, and is the furthest thing for a conservative intellectual.

There needs to be real black conservative intellectuals. Not morons like Candance. She's part of the problem. In that she only say things that conservatives want to hear. So she's only good for people who want echo chambers. But she has nothing compelling to say that would make anyone who is a minority adopt conservatism

I'm tired of people parading hacks like Candance who is only in it for attention and publicity.
Yep. Nothing but an attention-seeker. The little I’ve heard from her has been utter nonsense. And I was done with her when she said she was studying why Caribbean immigrants far surpassed Black Americans and claiming that researchers conclude they are just more driven. Then she said she’s “of St. Thomas descent”...VERY PROUD.” (supposedly her grandmother)

LOL...the fool. It’s St. Thomian descent and the island is part of the U.S. Virgin Islands. They aren’t even immigrants. She’s a whole fraud and doesn’t have clue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies