Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2020, 08:09 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,617,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
b) if they don’t, lowlife savages will destroy even more of America.
While that could be true. More rioting. It's a terrible excuse to take away a persons freedoms.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2020, 08:10 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
https://www.yahoo.com/news/ex-minnea...204547488.html

Here's my take on the situation.

Chauvin is a murderer and he's going to jail for the rest of his life.

Thao is going to get some serious jail time.

Kueng and Lane should be acquitted, and should get their jobs back. Let's make sure that Sharpton, Obama, and company get the word out to their peeps that the cities are not to be burned to the ground.
Consider the timing, I think "they" would make an example of these officers.

My take?

of course it could and probably is a result of bad police action. It is not logical that a police officer would willingly or knowingly kill someone in their custody with many witnesses close at hand.

We have a knee jerk reaction every time one of these kinds of incidents happen. The police officer cannot simply be an a*hole. He has to be a racist a*hole. There is no other possibility.

It seems to me that it could reveal the opposite, that this isn’t about race as much as police brutality in general. Poor training.

I think BLM would do well to focus on a legislative agenda that voters and politicians can get behind. Better training, better screening, more aggressive tactics in firing officers with a history of unnecessary violence, the record of this cop in Minneapolis. Making this all about proving institutional racism, defeating white supremacy, historical injustices, is turning it into a tribal/political civil war. No solutions offered, only demands for justice after an occurrence. Not offering solutions to the broader problems, because the problems are overwhelming. The police and politicians are challenged with fixing a problem that they are powerless to fix.

Old 06-05-2020, 08:10 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Maybe after Floyd passed out and peed on himself after Chauvin held a knee in his neck for over 3 minutes at that point, the two rookies should've said to Chauvin "hey man, get off of him?"
That would have been a point in their favor.

Old 06-05-2020, 08:12 AM

2,400 posts, read 754,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
Kueng and Lane should probably be acquitted but I don't believe they should get their jobs back. Maybe a desk job?

I do but into the rookie officers following the orders and actions of a 19 year veteran though. That's why i think they should be acquitted. But I probably wouldn't give them their jobs back for lack of good judgement.
Great post and I agree 100%. They should take whatever cash they can get out of that city and move away and start a completely different career. If it was me I would get a job on a farm somewhere if I was them.

Live in a trailer house as far away from people as possible.

Old 06-05-2020, 08:15 AM

Quote:
As for getting their jobs back -- who knows. Maybe too much political pressure to allow that to happen.
It's not just political pressure. They failed by using bad judgement. They shouldn't have their jobs back. But I think they will gladly take that over prison time.

Old 06-05-2020, 08:21 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,036,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Consider the timing, I think "they" would make an example of these officers.

My take?

of course it could and probably is a result of bad police action. It is not logical that a police officer would willingly or knowingly kill someone in their custody with many witnesses close at hand.

We have a knee jerk reaction every time one of these kinds of incidents happen. The police officer cannot simply be an a*hole. He has to be a racist a*hole. There is no other possibility.

It seems to me that it could reveal the opposite, that this isn’t about race as much as police brutality in general. Poor training.

I think BLM would do well to focus on a legislative agenda that voters and politicians can get behind. Better training, better screening, more aggressive tactics in firing officers with a history of unnecessary violence, the record of this cop in Minneapolis. Making this all about proving institutional racism, defeating white supremacy, historical injustices, is turning it into a tribal/political civil war. No solutions offered, only demands for justice after an occurrence. Not offering solutions to the broader problems, because the problems are overwhelming. The police and politicians are challenged with fixing a problem that they are powerless to fix.
BLM's manifesto is basically straight far left/marxism, and now has "defund police" as part of it. They seem to think that law and order is inherently racist. I have friends donating money to BLM who would be fried on a skewer by the thugs around the corner from them in NYC without a police presence.

I'm a liberal, I believe in things like universal healthcare, higher taxes on capital gains, de-escalation of military involvement, all pretty standard pinko **** along with some populist ideas. But this opportunity to correct an obvious problem, which I support correcting, unprofessional and excessively violent and unaccountable police, is being hijacked and will be met with a backlash. Riots, looting, and ridiculous policy proposals will do that.

Old 06-05-2020, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBouy View Post
You do realize, by uttering those very words, he was breathing.

That’s not to take away from what happened, just to say that cutting off his airway is not what Linley happened here.
It's called labored breathing. Never had the wind knocked out of you? You aren't speechless the entire time but it's difficult to breathe. Also, I'm sure the officer could throttle more weight and force on the back of Flyod as he choosed. Making it more or less difficult to breathe. I'm not sure why this is so hard to understand for some.

Old 06-05-2020, 09:50 AM

46,956 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
But 2 of the 4 guys were brand new. What the heck are they supposed to do?
Their jobs. They would have faced a situation that called on them to exercise judgment sooner or later, and while it's unfair that they faced the test so soon, they took the job, swore the oath, the works.

They, too, are arguably victims of Chauvin's actions. So be it, at least they're above ground.

Old 06-05-2020, 10:22 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumann Koch View Post
The Acquittal will bring us another step closer to Civil War, the real Objective of the Left, without regard to how many innocent citizens are hurt or killed, businesses and livelihoods ruined, or cities burned down!
They want civil war........

The mind of a Trump apologist is a dark and mysterious place........

Old 06-05-2020, 10:27 AM

78,416 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Well, as long as they find all 4 of those white cops guilty there will be justice for this clearly racist attack?

I haven't seen a narrative collapse so quickly since the Covington kids attacked that elderly native american combat veteran.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies