Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2020, 07:51 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Why do say ridiculous stuff like that? I can't stand Trump, I'm not a Republican, but I'm a healthcare worker on furlough and need a paycheck just as much as the next person. You think I want to be poor and unable to pay my bills?
It's how a partisan mind works.

I am independent, and I have been saying most of the 43 million jobs which were lost will come back rapidly, and it seems it is under way. Furlough is typically a temporary arrangement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
What big name companies have recalled their furloughed workers? I fear the new jobs are mostly bars and restaurants while the middle-class engineering jobs continue to be lost.
Its good news even if its bars and restaurants. Gotta start somewhere.

Quote:
Agreed. I don't know why these Trump supporters are saying Democrats such as myself want to be unemployed and unable to pay my rent as some form of revenge.
It's a projection of their own mind. Remember how they behaved during Obama presidency when they were enraged by even a hint of any good news.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 06-05-2020 at 07:59 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2020, 07:53 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times
This is very good news. Let's hope the trend continues!

Old 06-05-2020, 07:53 AM

15,637 posts, read 10,390,278 times
the unemployment rate will drop fast when the major cities finally are allowed to open up from the lockdowns imposed by their democrat leader jailers....if those major cities are still intact and functioning after the violence, looting, and property destruction by the uncontrolled rioters.

Last edited by texan2yankee; 06-05-2020 at 08:32 AM..

Old 06-05-2020, 07:55 AM

754 posts, read 486,142 times
Sadly for Trump what is a drag on him is behavior and overall character. If he could shut up a bit and stop tweeting like a moron he might be able to still win this election.

But until he behaves a lot of people are planning to vote against him based on his personal conduct irrespective of the economy, that's the sad truth for Republicans.

Old 06-05-2020, 07:55 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Why do say ridiculous stuff like that? I can't stand Trump, I'm not a Republican, but I'm a healthcare worker on furlough and need a paycheck just as much as the next person. You think I want to be poor and unable to pay my bills?
Had your job come back yet?

Old 06-05-2020, 07:57 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,591,580 times
Thank you President Trump!

Old 06-05-2020, 07:58 AM

6,218 posts, read 7,729,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
So all your gaslighting about killing the economy was just partisan hype?

Just imagine if we'd let this thing run rampant, or waited for Trump's miracle to cure it. We'd be way worse off, and instead of opening up (slowly), we'd be closing down even more, and quickly.

Hats off to everyone who was brave enough to stand up to Trump, and who supported science over nuttiness. We are recovering. Hopefully all the riots, the protests for haircuts, and the other gatherings won't set us back again.
You're not seriously deluded enough to try to spin a tick downward in the unemployment rate as a dem policy victory of some sort?

CN

Old 06-05-2020, 08:00 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,390,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpshooterTom View Post
Sadly for Trump what is a drag on him is behavior and overall character. If he could shut up a bit and stop tweeting like a moron he might be able to still win this election.

But until he behaves a lot of people are planning to vote against him based on his personal conduct irrespective of the economy, that's the sad truth for Republicans.
Can't have good news without a TDS post.

Orange Man Bad

Old 06-05-2020, 08:00 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Thank you President Trump!
What did he do...he delegated to the Governors -- he did nothing.....lol

But thank you Americans -- you guys all sell yourselves short. Americans are hard workers and resilient.

They want to come back and work hard...and this proves it.

You don't need a politician to take credit for your gains

I hope it continues.

Old 06-05-2020, 08:02 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,507,044 times
America: never out of the fight.

This is wonderful news for every single American.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies