Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2020, 07:20 AM

7,241 posts, read 4,549,884 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma21 View Post
I asked why they don’t talk about blacks they kill other blacks. Or black kids who get gunned down in a drive by. They said I was racist for asking it. I also made the notion that the whole criminal justice system isn’t built on racism as many were saying. And I was called an ignorant racist disgusting person by several people. How am I racist? Same people who post about unity. I’ve never gotten nasty like they to anyone. Seems a bit hypocritical.
It is so funny.. I guess none of them read the scarlett letter. Nothing ever changes does it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2020, 07:23 AM

9,897 posts, read 3,429,738 times
Quote:
No considering they didn’t know me.
If they knew you were white, they considered you a racist.

Old 06-05-2020, 07:25 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,545,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Don't agree with liberals = you are a racist.

It's a way to stop you from talking. We are on to it.

Or a sexist, homophobe, transphobe, conspiracy theorist, etc, etc, etc.

Old 06-05-2020, 07:28 AM

24,490 posts, read 17,232,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
If they knew you were white, they considered you a racist.

These days being white makes you a racist by default.

Old 06-05-2020, 07:29 AM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma21;58300041[B
]I asked why they don’t talk about blacks they kill other blacks.[/b] Or black kids who get gunned down in a drive by. They said I was racist for asking it. I also made the notion that the whole criminal justice system isn’t built on racism as many were saying. And I was called an ignorant racist disgusting person by several people. How am I racist? Same people who post about unity. I’ve never gotten nasty like they to anyone. Seems a bit hypocritical.
A question - it can be taken so many ways,,, the manner of speech, the thought behind the obvious, the references, punctuation, answer to what thread, and last timing. The poor me sounds like deflection.. And this could be on any subject... not racism.

Old 06-05-2020, 07:30 AM

13,648 posts, read 20,777,671 times
Quote:
I asked why they don’t talk about blacks they kill other blacks. Or black kids who get gunned down in a drive by. They said I was racist for asking it. I also made the notion that the whole criminal justice system isn’t built on racism as many were saying. And I was called an ignorant racist disgusting person by several people. How am I racist? Same people who post about unity. I’ve never gotten nasty like they to anyone. Seems a bit hypocritical.

Racism is the heir apparent to McCarthyism.

Old 06-05-2020, 07:58 AM

21,932 posts, read 9,503,108 times
What I think they don't realize is that people like OP, who innocently question the narrative and get called a racist, are going to start to realize the game. Mostly it was those of us who were aware of the dirty tactics already knew. But this will drive more people than ever to vote Republican. People are fed up with it all.

Old 06-05-2020, 08:25 AM

2,540 posts, read 1,034,155 times
Quote:
I am darker skinned than most American Blacks but as of now, I feel safer in lily white town (where people might look at my oddly) than any Black inner city ghetto. Now, I fear a huge political backlash due to the riots and a year from now, I might not feel safe in all white areas or Black ghettos. I would likely be confined to places like my upscale and very diverse multiethnic suburb.

Last edited by ThinkingOutsideTheBox; 06-05-2020 at 08:38 AM..

Old 06-05-2020, 08:33 AM

2,414 posts, read 2,988,207 times
Quote:
I asked why they don’t talk about blacks they kill other blacks.
I think the problem is that it sounded like you were deflecting from the topic, a common tactic used by people against their opponent. Blacks killing blacks is often used as a way to deflect away from black lives matter. They pegged you as an opponent.

Old 06-05-2020, 08:41 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times
Quote:
You and I share the same point of view. Countless black kids die at the hands of other black kids on a regular basis, and no riots happen over those murders. As soon as a white person is involved the looting and burning start. Where is the outrage over young blacks being killed by other young blacks ?

Those rioters shot themselves in the foot these past couple of weeks. They had our support because we all saw that the cop was wrong in what he did to Floyd, but the people we saw on TV burning and looting ruined it for themselves by not acting like law abiding, responsible citizens, when they turned into a mob more concerned about destroying innocent businesses and getting free tv's and booze.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies