Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2020, 10:13 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 28 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,133,597 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Its surprising how someone can get that old and still be so stupid !!! Quite possible its not the first time he hit his head !!!

People can't hide behind gender or age when trying to stop the forward progress of police doing their job !!!

All the same police need to use min. force in the performance of their duties !!! Its in the best interest of everyone including them !!! Elder abuse is a federal and state felony !!!
Nah, he acts as if he was dropped on his head at birth. Perhaps years of msnbc and dementia

Old 06-05-2020, 10:15 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Yeah, I agree. The guy was getting in the way and doing it on purpose. He created the accident.
That's right !!!
When people step into the breach they should expect to end up a spent shell !!! That's the risk they accept when things don't work out the way they want !!! They make that choice !!!

Old 06-05-2020, 10:19 AM

3,811 posts, read 4,693,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
This is my city and I agree that they shouldn't have pushed him - but he did receive immediate medical treatment from another sheriff that was behind those officers. I'm not condoning this but these officers are on their last legs after working 16 hour shifts since last week and it will not take much to push any of them over the line. Protesters just don't get it - when they tell you to move back - do not approach them and argue.

On the other hand - each and every one of us should walk a week in their shoes and see just how fed up we get - but none of us do - we just sit on our butts and complain about it.

I agree with most of what you said. Cops are at a tipping point. Probably working long hours & in fear of their life. The only thin I tell people is that cops need to know that a camera is likely on them all the time. They can't make that mistake right now. I understand reactions happen but it's just one of those things you can't make a mistake on right now. The media is going to use every tool they can to make cops look bad. And when you have somebody that old coming up to you you have to think harder. If they did that to a 70+ old man imagine what they would do to a younger kid that looks like a punk.

Old 06-05-2020, 10:42 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,805,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Minded View Post
This. Do stupid things... you know the rest.

That said, I do hope he is ok.
Why would you hope he's OK? Sounds like you think he asked for it.

Old 06-05-2020, 10:44 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,545,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Why would you hope he's OK? Sounds like you think he asked for it.

He did ask for it. Walk into a war zone, expect war.

Old 06-05-2020, 10:46 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,805,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
He did ask for it. Walk into a war zone, expect war.
People exercising their 1A rights constitute a war zone? Should the cops just shoot them all then?

Old 06-05-2020, 10:51 AM

8,336 posts, read 2,965,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstarling View Post
Good grief. Is this what we have come to? Blaming the old guy that was pushed over?
*dumb old guy

Old 06-05-2020, 10:52 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,545,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
People exercising their 1A rights constitute a war zone? Should the cops just shoot them all then?

Wow, I guess you haven't been watching the news after all, if you think any "protest" does not have the potential of becoming a war zone.

Old 06-05-2020, 10:54 AM

8,336 posts, read 2,965,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
He was holding a cell phone in the hand that you say was 'reaching for his weapon'

Does it hurt your tongue to boot lick that hard?
Sounds like you’re about as slick as balsa-wood boy. Do what he did and post a vid. Please!

Old 06-05-2020, 10:56 AM

24,492 posts, read 17,232,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
What decent human being would shove an old man like that?

My God, these police are out of control.

UGH . how can you say that? The guy should have moved back. Who knows what he was saying to the cops but when he starts grabbing at the belt or weapon of the cop he is lucky he only got pushed back.

I saw a video posted on FB this morning of a black woman in the face of a white cop and then she slapped him across the face hard, he was a bit stunned but when she then threw a left hook at him, the cop behind her, black I might add, throws his own punch and knocked her out.

I wonder why this video isn't making the rounds? I bet it would be if the officer that hit her had been white.

It is so weird how differently we are all wired. Where one sees an old man that should have moved back another sees Police brutality. Where one sees the extra security around the WH as a means to protect it from rioters others see a frightened President cowering in his bunker like a coward?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies