Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2020, 10:17 AM

7,528 posts, read 10,258,471 times

Advertisements

BabyGate has emerged: https://hillreporter.com/babygate-tr...y-mocked-70221

"Many parents have used “baby gates” as a way to keep toddlers and infants from getting into dangerous situations, and the analogy didn’t take long to catch on with Twitter users, who labeled the fence quickly as #BabyGate."

Old 06-06-2020, 10:19 AM

16,278 posts, read 10,411,688 times
No other President ever felt the need to do this. I think that says a lot.

Old 06-06-2020, 11:06 AM

23,566 posts, read 12,525,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
No other President ever felt the need to do this. I think that says a lot.
Obama had the fences redone, twice.

Old 06-06-2020, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Obama had the fences redone, twice.
He raised the fence after a series of climbers. Sounds smart to me. He didn't build a fortress and called in every governmental enforcement team to protect him from the chanting teenagers away. For all his rambling bluster, Trump's a scaredy-cat.

I guess the rest of us should feel better, though. He's build himself a prison and he's inside it.

Old 06-06-2020, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine to Vine View Post
He raised the fence after a series of climbers. Sounds smart to me. He didn't build a fortress and called in every governmental enforcement team to protect him from the chanting teenagers away. For all his rambling bluster, Trump's a scaredy-cat.

I guess the rest of us should feel better, though. He's build himself a prison and he's inside it.
So there was no rioting going on anywhere in this country, including DC?

Over the years some presidents, including Clinton, took action with the fence, and closed streets, to protect the White House. Obama merely took action to protect himself.

Shouldn't a president take action to protect the White House?

You would be happy if one of the rioters had made it over the fence and torched the White House, I guess. If a rioter had gotten over the fence and burned the White House you would have blamed Trump for not protecting it. No matter what he does..........

Old 06-06-2020, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Shouldn't a president take action to protect the White House?

You would be happy if one of the rioters had made it over the fence and torched the White House, I guess. If a rioter had gotten over the fence and burned the White House you would have blamed Trump for not protecting it. No matter what he does..........
The White House, built in 1792, has survived the War of 1812, the Civil War, a race riot in 1919, the labor protests of the 1930s, 4 days of riots in 1968, the March on Washington, numerous anti-Vietnam war protests, the Million Man March, and several Tea Party protests. This is just a selected sample. With all this history, only Trump is so afraid of young non-violent posters that he has secluded himself inside a “baby gate”: https://meaww.com/donald-trump-white...rotests-safety.

Truthfully, I’m glad he’s locked in there and I’m out here. If It’s one of the best decisions he’s made while in office, imo.

Old 06-06-2020, 02:27 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,894,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
You and your ilk called Trump a racist from stopping incoming flights from China.

Are you even aware that the Chicoms hid the severity of the virus from the entire world. And the WHO parroted what the Chicoms said about the virus not being contagious.

You also know that people in the US can't be forced into quarantine. Far too many ignored that and went about spreading the virus.

You also know that it was the Secret Service who put Trump in the safe room, you do know, correct? So stop with that lie about him putting himself there.

Facts are kind inconvenient, aren't they?
If you think forced quarentine is unconstitutional, t ell that to the Supreme Court... Jacobson V. Massachusetts This was the Fuller Court that ruled that states can force quarentines. That said forced quarentine should be state paid for for room and board and for wages not earned.

The rest of this post is full of Trump supporter horse-hockey. China was where the virus started but Trump believed China did a good job and only blocked Chinese flights. He blocked European travel too little too late and that largely attributed to the NYC rates, not China.

Blaming China for the virus is a scapegoat. Trump caused a lot of it by not reacting and yesterday claimed it was a great day despite Arizona continually having cases rise and hitting a critical mass at the hospital system.

Put your pro Trump BS right back where it came out of partisan hack.

Old 06-06-2020, 02:47 PM

22,472 posts, read 11,995,014 times
Quote:
Stop being disingenuous. You don't know me and won't find anything of this nature on the internet that is attributable to me.

When you have run out of facts to back up your claims, you lied and tried to smear me. Not surprised as you have a role model in the White House to show the way.

Keep posting horseish!t. It's all you've got left.
Right back at ya---"Keep posting 'horseish!t [sic]' It's all you've got left."

Oh, you didn't look hard enough---either that or you didn't look at all:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dem...ina-travel-ban

From the link:

Within hours of President Trump's decision to restrict travel from China on Jan. 31, top Democrats and media figures immediately derided the move as unnecessary and xenophobic -- and they are now beating a hasty retreat from that position as the coronavirus continues to ravage the economy and cause scores of deaths.

--------------------------------------------

Now, what were you ranting about not backing up claims?

Old 06-06-2020, 02:49 PM

22,472 posts, read 11,995,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovelondon View Post
Was Trump the very first President to hide in a bunker because he was scared of the American people?

Remember folks, this was the guy who said he would storm a school shooting to save kids. Such a virtue-signaller than man is.
It has been pointed out numerous times (you obviously missed it all) that it was the Secret Service's decision to put the president in the "bunker". Also, it wasn't the first time the Secret Service has used that option. It happened to previous presidents.

Old 06-06-2020, 03:09 PM

Quote:
The White House, built in 1792, has survived the War of 1812, the Civil War, a race riot in 1919, the labor protests of the 1930s, 4 days of riots in 1968, the March on Washington, numerous anti-Vietnam war protests, the Million Man March, and several Tea Party protests. This is just a selected sample. With all this history, only Trump is so afraid of young non-violent posters that he has secluded himself inside a “baby gate”: https://meaww.com/donald-trump-white...rotests-safety.

Truthfully, I’m glad he’s locked in there and I’m out here. If It’s one of the best decisions he’s made while in office, imo.
"The White House, built in 1792, has survived ..."

Would it have survived if no action had ever been taken to secure it? Possibly not.
Why are you pretending that there were no riots, burning, etc., in DC over the past week? How did those buildings and cars, near the White House, catch on fire if it wasn't done by the rioters?

Did you deride past presidents who took action to secure the White House?
Oh look, Bill Clinton took action because of a bombing that happened more than 1300 miles away from DC, yanno, no where near the WH. Did you whine when Clinton did that?

Quote:
May 20, 1995

President Bill Clinton closed Pennsylvania Avenue in front of the White House to all vehicular traffic, a security response to the Oklahoma City bombing.
https://www.whitehousehistory.org/pr...te-house-fence

Unlike you I prefer the White House to remain safe, even if it takes a change in the fencing, surrounding areas, to do so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies