Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is the United States Currently Less Racist than it has Ever Been?
Yes 69 74.19%
No 24 25.81%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2020, 02:56 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,649,514 times

Advertisements

I agree 100%, this whole conspiracy theory that racists are everywhere has got to stop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3POpubeoIc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2020, 03:02 PM

2,540 posts, read 1,025,992 times
My parents immigrated to the U.S. in the 1970s from a third world country, about 15 years after the Civil Rights Movement. They said they experienced far more racism back then than they do now. I am a brown skinned person that speaks with no discernible accent and get perceived by Black as some but my actual race by most in my upper class,b but ethnically diverse suburb. When I travel to more homogeneous white regions of the U.S., most automatically assume I'm Black but there are still a few that can tell my actual race. I have experienced a few cases of overt racism but more covert racism. I still think I have FAR more opportunities in America than I would have 50 years ago. If I lived in the 1950s, we would have been restricted to "colored" neighborhoods and Jim Crow. I do fear a resurge of racism from the riots and angry whites closing themselves off to all "people of color" based on the violent acts the rioters committed against random innocent whites that had nothing to do with George Floyd.

Old 06-05-2020, 03:03 PM

17,196 posts, read 12,066,044 times
Never been less racist does not been it is not racist...

Old 06-05-2020, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Please watch the video and listen to some of what John McWhorter has to say. He is an intellectually honest academic and backs up all his claims with reason and evidence. Racism is being used as a crutch and wildly over-emphasized as a cause of disadvantage in the modern day US. It's the "noble victim complex"

Old 06-05-2020, 03:13 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,763,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Exactly. Less racist = racism is over. We still have plenty of structural racism to solve. Just because people aren’t burning crosses and wearing white hoods doesn’t mean the work is done.

Old 06-06-2020, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Exactly. Less racist = racism is over. We still have plenty of structural racism to solve. Just because people aren’t burning crosses and wearing white hoods doesn’t mean the work is done.
What exactly is this mysterious "structural" racism? Everybody is claiming this yet nobody seems to have any real evidence. Seems like racism is always the excuse

Old 06-06-2020, 08:36 AM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
What exactly is this mysterious "structural" racism? Everybody is claiming this yet nobody seems to have any real evidence. Seems like racism is always the excuse

Yeah, I was going to ask the same thing.

Old 06-06-2020, 08:39 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,893,995 times
It is possible for racism to exist and to be used as a crutch much like sexism and ageism...

And of course we are doing better today than years ago but we can do better.

Last edited by moneill; 06-06-2020 at 08:49 AM..

4,750 posts, read 3,552,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
From my point of view very wealthy and successful people
like Robert Smith, David Steward,Oprah Winfrey and Michael Jordan
will not be protesting the streets in this country .They are too busy working.

Wealth knows no color except the color green ..................I suggest everybody work towards it.
And yet Jordan gave $100 million to organizations for racial equality yesterday. So he obviously still sees racism - - as any person with half a brain would.

31,848 posts, read 17,518,206 times
This whole thing looks like opportunists have taken advantage of the killing of George Floyd to further their agenda.

Think about this - it makes zero sense that mayors told cops to stand down with the looters and rioters but allowed them to go after peaceful protesters.

Where the hell did the bricks come from? I saw photos and videos in cities all over the country, of piles of bricks with some wondering why they suddenly showed up since there was no construction being done in the area. And in one video I saw, peaceful protesters walked past an area that was loaded with bricks and nobody noticed them. Then a group of white guys dressed all in black with their faces masked go and start handing them out.

I'm not saying locals didn't loot - some of them did (both white and black - this is not a racial issue). But much of what we saw appears to have been incited by outsiders.

This seems too orchestrated to be organic. Someone wants the races warring with one another.

Last edited by MPowering1; 06-06-2020 at 09:32 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies