Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2020, 03:45 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,753,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
You do realize that many "chronic health issues" are not caused by immune systems that are "not in a strong place", don't you?
And I do that many who deal with chronic health issues can reduce or eliminate a lot of their issues by working to be their own doctor vs being drugged to the 9's...by the toxic medical drugs handed out to the population....there are MANY ways to heal oneself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2020, 03:48 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I just had 4 men in my apt, 3 to do electrical work and one friend bringing food delivery, NONE of them with a mask.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgu1...ature=youtu.be
Did they wear masks previously? I know a lot of people aren't wearing them now, but it won't stop those of us who are trying to be careful from wearing one. Personally, I think we all still should be wearing them. It's a shame people don't care enough about their own or other people's health to do it.

Old 06-06-2020, 03:48 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,112,677 times
Quote:
To the contrary, I'm not a paranoid mask person. I"ve never had one on and have no plans for wearing one.

It was refreshing to have these 4 in my place and so "free" from any mask.
So 5 people who think masks are bull decide that they aren't going to wear masks, and that's your smoking gun for flip-flopping? Jesus... lol

Old 06-06-2020, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowel View Post
I'm not the one you asked, but common health conditions that don't relate to having a strong immune system are diabetes, heart disease, bone disease, high blood pressure, etc. A person doesn't contract those diseases because of a poor immune system.
A strong good immune system can help a lot of these issues, I don't deal with bone disease, I take good supports to keep my bones strong, but my bones got messed up from hip replacement surgery, I'll call it a pretty much "failed surgery", body does not like to be cut. There is a code I understand in the surgery world for failed surgeries..and talk about thousands who die from bad surgeries.

Old 06-06-2020, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
So 5 people who think masks are bull decide that they aren't going to wear masks, and that's your smoking gun for flip-flopping? Jesus... lol
No, did you even view the video in the first posting.

Old 06-06-2020, 03:55 PM

6,116 posts, read 4,608,458 times
Quote:
A strong good immune system can help a lot of these issues, I don't deal with bone disease, I take good supports to keep my bones strong, but my bones got messed up from hip replacement surgery, I'll call it a pretty much "failed surgery", body does not like to be cut. There is a code I understand in the surgery world for failed surgeries..and talk about thousands who die from bad surgeries.
Perhaps it can help with the management of these diseases but what these have in common is they aren't contagious, so someone isn't going to "catch" diabetes or high blood pressure, which is what I think the previous poster was asking about. And I get your point that the body is vulnerable after having surgery because that puts the immune system in overdrive trying to heal itself. I feel sorry for anyone who has a surgery that doesn't go well.

I'm honestly not sure why the previous poster was asking for examples of diseases one would acquire that aren't related to immunity.
It would be interesting to hear why you think it's paranoid for people to wear a mask when they're in a public space (or a contractor at someone's house other than their own) at this point though? This was not an issue at the beginning of the pandemic compared to what it's become.

Also, whenever I see a source (like the High Wire) that I've never heard of, I do like to run it through one of the fact checker sites, and this is what it stated:

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-highwire/

Last edited by Jowel; 06-06-2020 at 04:05 PM..

Old 06-06-2020, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowel View Post
Perhaps it can help with the management of these diseases but what these have in common is they aren't contagious, so someone isn't going to "catch" diabetes or high blood pressure, which is what I think the previous poster was asking about. And I get your point that the body is vulnerable after having surgery because that puts the immune system in overdrive trying to heal itself. I feel sorry for anyone who has a surgery that doesn't go well.

I'm honestly not sure why the previous poster was asking for examples of diseases one would acquire that aren't related to immunity.
It would be interesting to hear why you think it's paranoid for people to wear a mask when they're in a public space (or a contractor at someone's house other than their own) at this point though? This was not an issue at the beginning of the pandemic compared to what it's become.
Again, did you view flip flop video, you don't "get it"...I don't want to live my life in a police state.

Old 06-06-2020, 04:10 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,545,820 times
Quote:
And I do that many who deal with chronic health issues can reduce or eliminate a lot of their issues by working to be their own doctor vs being drugged to the 9's...by the toxic medical drugs handed out to the population....there are MANY ways to heal oneself.

Keep saying it! Those too stupid or stubborn or addicted to their bad life style choices may never hear you, but some of us do!

Old 06-06-2020, 04:13 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,750,250 times
Well here in PA wearing a mask is not required for outdoor dining

Old 06-06-2020, 04:17 PM

6,116 posts, read 4,608,458 times
Quote:
Again, did you view flip flop video, you don't "get it"...I don't want to live my life in a police state.
Just for kicks, yes, and what they were saying is that the advice from the WHO changed their recommendation, but that's also the case for the CDC who was saying at first that people didn't need to wear a mask, but now they are advising people to do that.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...f-you-n1226116

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsan...for-the-public

What does that have to do with living in a police state?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies