Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would Legalizing Drugs Help With Inner City Violence?
Yes: Legalize all Drugs. 11 23.40%
Yes: But Only Legalize Some Drugs. 16 34.04%
No: This Is Insane. 20 42.55%
Not Sure 0 0%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2020, 09:36 AM

2,400 posts, read 754,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
I own plenty of value. Things I have that are valuable are insured. That has nothing to do with cops. And if I need to defend myself I have a gun. Why do I need cops again? Oh just to waste my money on them. Because who will enforce the dumb laws that politicians put on paper? I think if politicians had no way of enforcing dumb laws, I would be fine

Heck stupid government policies and taxes will take my stuff way faster than some criminal can. I'm more afraid of the government coming to take my stuff than I'm afraid of a criminal taking it.

But then again the US government is just a criminal organization anyway. A criminal organization that protects itself with laws.
I’m sorry but this just sounds dumb. You can’t be on guard 24/7 with your gun. These crooks are way too cunning they will get what they want from you. You might be alright for a while but if they get a whiff you have something and they sense any kind of weakness you’re done. The cops are good at controlling these people and keeping them boxed up and controlled. You have no idea.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2020, 09:55 AM

4,023 posts, read 1,442,141 times
I think the premise of this thread is kind of racist. If not racist then misguided. The message is that black people can't be expected to be contributing members of society but that they are like fighting hyenas that can only be controlled by giving them more meat. It perpetuates thoughts that blacks can't live up to a certain standard. Sorry, but I'm not ready to throw in the towel on blacks and just say let them legally participate in harmful activities just so they will stop harming each other and have fewer confrontations with the law. We should all expect better of each other.

Old 06-06-2020, 09:58 AM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
That won't put a dent in saving black lives. They kill, literally and figuratively, themselves everyday in their own hoods.

Old 06-06-2020, 10:03 AM

4,445 posts, read 1,449,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
We would still be stuck with the guns. The police and the drugs are not the problem.
If you think people are going to give up guns after experiencing the events of the last few days, you don't need drugs because you are already high.

Old 06-06-2020, 10:07 AM

2,678 posts, read 1,700,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post
I think the premise of this thread is kind of racist. If not racist then misguided. The message is that black people can't be expected to be contributing members of society but that they are like fighting hyenas that can only be controlled by giving them more meat. It perpetuates thoughts that blacks can't live up to a certain standard. Sorry, but I'm not ready to throw in the towel on blacks and just say let them legally participate in harmful activities just so they will stop harming each other and have fewer confrontations with the law. We should all expect better of each other.
As if white people dont. How nice of you.

Old 06-06-2020, 10:10 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,138,783 times
Legalize things like pot, MDMA, and all entheogens (like mushrooms, ayahuasca, San Pedro, etc). These pose as little or less risk than alcohol.

The other drugs should be decriminalized.

However, any serious crime committed while high on anything (including alcohol) should double the usual penalty.

Old 06-06-2020, 10:13 AM

26,491 posts, read 15,070,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post

It has nothing to do with race per se. People of all races are in drug related gangs and trafficking. Look at the Mexican Drug Cartels - look at all of the violence that those cause. The mafia (white people) today helps traffic illegal drugs just as they bootlegged illegal alcohol in the 1920s.

The fact is making alcohol illegal from 1920 to 1933 made organized crime skyrocket and violence ensued between the groups. We shouldn't have legalized alcohol again because "Italians are like fighting hyenas," but rather drinking in and of itself is a victimless crime and banning it gives rise to organized crime to corner the underground market on it.

Likewise, today making things like marihuana, crack, etc. illegal when there is a demand for it leads to a rise in organized crime to corner the underground market on it. Then those underground entities vie for control of turf and die in shootouts. Drug use in and of itself doesn't create victims other than to damage the user if it is a hard drug like meth.

In the inner city it is densely populated so there is more overlap and competition (violence) between these drug gangs than in a rural place.

Fact is statistics show drug related violence is high in our inner cities.

Fact is directly and indirectly drug related crimes lock up many people.

Old 06-06-2020, 10:14 AM

2,678 posts, read 1,700,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Legalizing drugs won’t help inner city violence. Not birthing kids out of wedlock will help inner city violence. A 5 year old in the inner city doesn’t want to be a gang banger when he grows up, but if both parent aren’t there, the risk is high that he will.
Yes it will.

Portugal legalized drugs and it resulted in a turned the nation around for the better as far as the justice system and also people’s health.

You just don’t like black people.

Old 06-06-2020, 10:16 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
How about we both defund the police and legalize drugs. Seems like we would solve two major problems at once
Dare to f'n dream.

Dare to dream...

Old 06-06-2020, 10:17 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Legalize things like pot, MDMA, and all entheogens (like mushrooms, ayahuasca, San Pedro, etc). These pose as little or less risk than alcohol.

The other drugs should be decriminalized.

However, any serious crime committed while high on anything (including alcohol) should double the usual penalty.

A "hate crime" drug law.

Megalomania is a helluva drug itself...apparently.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies