Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2020, 04:41 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,779,493 times

Advertisements

You simple fools. Once we’re in control you will all be rounded up and put in camps. How you say? The Chinese military is waiting just over the border camouflaged as Canadian truck drivers and we will let them flood in and take you all into custody. Then we will round up all the guns, and copies of the constitution, and broadcast only the Ellen Show.

Muh ha ha ha.

Now watch, this post will wind up on FB posted by a mindless rightie saying “they heard this from an official” something or other.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2020, 04:45 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,363,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
broadcast only the Ellen Show.
Muh ha ha ha.
Hmm the left on this forum hves no bounds for cruelty. They say they do but this post says otherwise.

Old 06-06-2020, 04:52 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,779,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
Hmm the left on this forum hves no bounds for cruelty. They say they do but this post says otherwise.
You don’t know the half of it, her guest every day will be.........

Michelle Obama

Old 06-06-2020, 05:15 PM

8,495 posts, read 4,552,009 times
I personally look forward to the day in January when President-Elect Biden is sworn in. The darks clouds of the last 4 years will finally soon be lifted. The Trump era will then be tossed into the trash-bin of history.

Old 06-06-2020, 05:20 PM

18,718 posts, read 7,597,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Things couldn't get any darker than they are right now.
Here's someone who agrees with you.

And for the same reason.

Awfully dark in there.

Old 06-06-2020, 05:21 PM

1,049 posts, read 652,790 times
Let's be for real. I know there are some sharp divisions in this country and in some cases compromise is just not possible. With that being said this is the only forum where there are actually people who think we are about to head into a legit Civil War.

It isn't like we have a Calhoun like figure who is a Vice President opening talking about secession. Most of the divide is solved by pretty much the more conservative folks go live in the more rural areas and the urban folks go live in the more urban areas or college towns. Other than some internet trolling and finger-pointing I don't see that deep desire to want to just destroy the other side at this time at least outside of the extreme factions.

Old 06-06-2020, 05:25 PM

10,443 posts, read 4,030,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
So what predictions do y'all have if the dems can cheat a big win in NOV and sweep all branches of government:

- they will do whatever to get guns banned and confiscated
- they will force resignations of judges and justices to pack the courts
- they will defund and shrink the military
- they will partner up with China for 5G (but the real scoop will be the totalitarian surveillance system that will come)
- they will do away with the constitution....not blatantly but through "common sense" laws.....like you can't say things that hurt others feelings or could be deemed racist or some other excuse (goodbye 1st amendment)
- the will use some national emergency whenever they feel that their power is slipping to scare people into inaction.....so they can "deal" with opposition.
- antifa and the like will become the new authority enforcers.

just imagine the most corrupt and failed system, and that's what DEMOCRATS with unchecked power will force upon us.
If the democrats win, the company I work for plan on moving the company to either Vietnam or India, and will help fork the money to help the rest of us move and claim citizenship. I have over 3 million in property and business assets and will probably sell everything off to buy some land in one of those countries. Then I guess I will live wherever the company moves to and stay there for the next 20 years and then hopefully I can retire in peace. But I will not stay in the USA any longer if the democrats get control. Their plans will destroy the country and anyone in it that don't fit in their little boxes.

Old 06-06-2020, 05:28 PM

13,684 posts, read 9,003,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
So what predictions do y'all have if the dems can cheat a big win in NOV and sweep all branches of government:

- they will partner up with China for 5G (but the real scoop will be the totalitarian surveillance system that will come)
- they will do away with the constitution....not blatantly but through "common sense" laws.....like you can't say things that hurt others feelings or could be deemed racist or some other excuse (goodbye 1st amendment)
- the will use some national emergency whenever they feel that their power is slipping to scare people into inaction.....so they can "deal" with opposition.

just imagine the most corrupt and failed system, and that's what DEMOCRATS with unchecked power will force upon us.

Let us examine your fears, one by one. Since I am an attorney, I will go with the obvious one for me: how will Democrats 'force resignations of judges and justices to pack the courts'?

I will point out that of late Senator McConnell and Senator Graham have been urging older Federal judges to retire, so that the Republican Senate may install new judges to their liking. Is that an example of how you feel the Democrats will behave? Do you think the Democrats will offer 'buy outs' of sitting judges or justices if they retire early?

Mind, I was utterly against Senator Reid, when Senate Majority leader, utilizing the 'nuclear option' so that President Obama's lower court nominees could be confirmed by a simple majority (recall, the Republicans had stopped all nominations). I liked the system of needing 60 votes, since it kept the unqualified, from the left or right, from holding such positions. Of course, as predicted, Senator McConnell then used the same parliamentary device so that Supreme Court Justices could be confirmed by a simple majority, whether qualified or not (I like Gorsuch, but have some misgivings of Justice Kavanaugh).

Plus, the term 'pack the court' has a history: packing the court refers to when FDR, not satisfied with the Supreme Court justices, proposed to expand the number of justices (I think to 13, but don't hold me to that), so he could have four of his choosing placed on the Court. The proposal was greeted with disdain by both parties, and so was dropped.

Anyway, OP, now is your chance to explain this one argument of yours. No doubt, other posters will focus on your other items.

Old 06-06-2020, 05:29 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,407,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegoodthebadtheugly View Post
so what predictions do y'all have if the dems can cheat a big win in nov and sweep all branches of government:

- they will partner up with china for 5g (but the real scoop will be the totalitarian surveillance system that will come)

Just imagine the most corrupt and failed system, and that's what democrats with unchecked power will force upon us.
tds.

Old 06-06-2020, 05:31 PM

8,956 posts, read 2,554,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trumpslapdog View Post
Your an idiot.
LOL, oh that's fun. At least you didn't go with "You is be a idgit"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies