Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2020, 07:32 PM

35,002 posts, read 16,964,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theflipflop View Post
This is what I find so disturbing. The absolute and total censorship and control of any honest dialog regarding the merits of the actual organization and their stances.

Yes Blacks have been treated poorly. And it's sad that a deeply anti-Semitic organization like BLM is the only org speaking for Black interests? And sadder that I can only say this out loud on an anonymous web board for fear of irrational liberal shaming and retribution.
And the sad part is that many synagogues are cooperating. For some reason they think that appeasement works. Someone should ask Winston Churcill about that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2020, 07:35 PM

8,956 posts, read 2,554,167 times
Those behind BLM sit firmly at the intersection of identitarianism and communism.....of course you are going to have hateful nonsense from them, especially antisemitism. Why would this be surprising to anyone?

Old 06-14-2020, 03:45 PM

714 posts, read 355,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
No, BLM IS an actual organization. The slogan may not indicate that the person saying it is making a direct endorsement of them, but the leadership of BLM organization have been involved in discussions with politicians and such.

Their platform is basically straight hard left marxism. The second they started pushing "defund police", you know that their agenda is not making America a better place for African Americans to live, it's about burning down and rebuilding America. That's something I cannot endorse, as a lifelong Democrat voting, Bernie Sanders supporting, person, who probably is what would be called a "Social Democrat" in Europe.

i don't think America is fundamentally evil and should be destroyed. I get why some angry militant black people think differently because their ancestors were brought here on slaves ships. It's still not an approach i will support. So let's find a middle ground, because the alternative is not something that will be good for anybody involved.
I commend you.
As a self-described leftist you clearly see BLM for what it is. What's sad is that the overwhelming number of leftists, in the corporate world, the media, politicians, are lauding a group which is radical, violent, racist, and anti-Semitic! As a reasonable leftist I ask you this: Why the hell do so many of your co-leftists support a gang which such heinous characteristics? Characteristics which the left denounces immediately when they are exhibited in groups with which the left does not identify? The left is kissing the feet of these hatemongers. Here in NY DeBlasio is painting Black Lives Matter in huge letters on streets all over the city. And renaming streets in their honor. All with tax payers money.

I find this hypocrisy abhorrent. And very dangerous. I truly am interested in your analysis. Or the analysis of any other leftist. Hopefully there will be an attempt to explain this craziness, but if there isn't I won't be surprised. Seems like there is no rational explanation. I pray for this country if the Dems take control. BLM will have an open invitation to the Whitehouse.

Can a leftist explain this lunacy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies